Falcons will be third in division after Sunday

Falconcheff

18 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

After the Buccs lose, by virtue of H2H and Divisional tiebreakers, we move into third.  Should Carolina lose, we'll be within one game of second place.  Not too bad for the way we started.  NOBODY should be on Team Tank with the prospect of the playoffs and Home SB staring us in the face...

Don't get ahead of yourself. We beat a team with one win and another overrated divisional opponent. I'm not counting my chickens yet.

8 hours ago, celtiksage said:

Yeah, that's the overrated divisional opponent with no passing game.

Who beat the Eagles, who we lost too.

this team was close in most games, and hasn’t been a doormat for any teams. Given the injuries they have had, they have performed okay. We get a few key defenders back I think there is a chance. Not a great one, but a legitimate one. As long as Ryan is playing this well, can’t count these guys out.

i appreciate a little positivity around her for once falconcheff!

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

this team was close in most games, and hasn’t been a doormat for any teams. Given the injuries they have had, they have performed okay. We get a few key defenders back I think there is a chance. Not a great one, but a legitimate one. As long as Ryan is playing this well, can’t count these guys out.

Irrational and blind fans- all they see is negative stuff. 

11 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

After the Buccs lose, by virtue of H2H and Divisional tiebreakers, we move into third.  Should Carolina lose, we'll be within one game of second place.  Not too bad for the way we started.  NOBODY should be on Team Tank with the prospect of the playoffs and Home SB staring us in the face...

Thank you for knowing the difference between lose and loss.  Very rare around here. 

Not really concerned right now about the W-L record. I just want to see this defense get its collective feet on the ground and start playing more as a unit. That game vs the Giants was a much better effort. You could see things starting to improve.

Our offense has definitely rebounded and looking ready to put up about 30-plus per game down the stretch. If the D can rise up then this play-off SB in Atlantie scenario you were alluding to would probably be almost doable.

Regardless, everybody wants to see the team play at a high level so we're not snarling at each other like rabid dogs after the game. Lot of peeps up in here seem to prefer positivity and that would enhance the chances...somewhat.  :lol:

13 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

Weathering the storm of an NFL Season…………...Lombardi...here we come!

Edited by lostnmexico

15 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

Well the Panthers won and TB is tied.

11 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

I agree with all of that, and it's good to always be a threat, which we are. Just because I don't see us winning more than 6 games, doesn't mean it's a negative thing. Although with MR playing like he is, who knows. We don't play as well on the road, and the road is coming.

Just a realist, but there's no doubt we can score on anyone, and they can score on us. Most games will be a shootout.

On 10/27/2018 at 9:24 PM, Falconcheff said:

Panthers didnt lose so this is dumb..we are 3rd in the division and 3 games back, 4 because if head to head ALREADY...yay!!!

1 hour ago, TRUju2111 said:

Panthers didnt lose so this is dumb..we are 3rd in the division and 3 games back, 4 because if head to head ALREADY...yay!!!

Meh, your opinion of dumb is weighed against the content of your posting, and is found wanting...

We're not winning the division, of course... the Saints and their voodoo priestess have obviously hexed the NFL... But after next week, when we beat the 'Skins and the Pack loses to the Patriots, we'll be one more up in the WC race...

Sheesh... people just don't get it... one win at a time and things will take care of themselves...

4 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

Falcons still have a shot to split with the Saints and a 5-1 division record is available to them. Saints have the Rams next week. They could easily lose that game. Falcons could easily beat the Redskins next week. That puts the Saints at 6-2 and Falcons at 4-4. Saints have both games left against the Panthers. For all the head-to-head success the Saints have had against Matt Ryan and the Falcons since Drew Brees got there the same cannot be said about them going up against the Panthers. Counting last year's playoff game, the Saints against the Panthers are only 8-7 against them since Cam got to the Panthers. No reason to think the Saints will sweep both games, especially since both of those games come in a 3 week period. It's extremely tough in the NFL to beat the same team twice in a season, especially when both games are so close together. So now we've got the Saints to potentially 3 or 4 losses. They've got what appears to be a really tough slate of games the rest of the way out.

• vs. Rams
  • at Bengals
  • vs. Eagles
  • vs. Falcons
  • at Cowboys
  • at Bucs
  • at Panthers
  • vs. Steelers
  • vs. Panthers

Falcons schedule on the other hand is much lighter.

• at Redskins
  • at Browns
  • Cowboys
  • at Saints
  • Ravens
  • at Packers
  • Cardinals
  • at Panthers
  • at Bucs

Panthers remaining schedule also leans to the weaker side.

• Bucs
  • at Steelers
  • at Lions
  • Seahawks
  • at Bucs
  • at Browns
  • Saints
  • Falcons
  • at Saints

This division race isn't over. Not by a long shot!! Anyone that thinks it is is just a quitter.