Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
g-dawg

Haven’t been on TATF lately - Guessing a lot of Sarkisian apology threads, right?

29 posts in this topic

First to say I was critical of Sark as well.  Same for Shannahan in his first year.

Does Matt just need a year to assimilate every time a change is made?

The whole offense?

Was it Sark trying to run someone else’s offense?

Sark was called every name possible.  Now Matt is probably the #2 QB on NFL behind only the pinball machine numbers of Patrick Mahomes.

Apologies Sark

You know how it works round here half the clowns that were yelling the house down have disappeared back into there holes or have just moved onto the next thing.

Infact the year of abuse on the OC has all but disappeared.

UnrealfalcoN likes this

I think situationally there are some issues still that need to be worked out. All in all, Sark has been doing a nice job. I still see instances in games where we shoot ourselves in the foot with questionable play calling.

lostnmexico likes this

No, g-dawg, I don't see too many apologies to Sark threads on here....certainly, not from me, because he's still calling a few bone-head plays now and again. 
But I have to say, it's a LOT better than last season, and him and Matt finally seem to be pretty much on the same page now, especially, the last couple of games.  I'm glad to see it, too.  If our offense hadn't been clicking on all cylinders, this season could have been over before it got started good! 
Oh, and good to have you back --- a sane voice in the wilderness....lol.

lostnmexico likes this

12 minutes ago, Vandy said:

They’re still lurking. 

Hahaha!!!  I'm sure you're right!  And, I may be one of 'em.  I'm just not 100% convinced about Sark, yet.....but, I will gladly eat my words if I'm wrong --- 

Edited by FalconJim
Vandy and JBender like this

I was one who wanted him replaced after last year & then after the 1st game, didn't look like he grew at all.  After the 2nd game, he looked to be better, but just 1 game.  Since then he's been a decent OC, so I haven't complained or blamed him since.  His offense has been a bright spot during this season.  We'll have to see how the season turns out in the end, but I now have hope that he can be at least a decent OC for this team.  I'm routing for him.

Falconsin2012 likes this

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

First to say I was critical of Sark as well.  Same for Shannahan in his first year.

The whole offense?

Sark was called every name possible.  Now Matt is probably the #2 QB on NFL behind only the pinball machine numbers of Patrick Mahomes.

Apologies Sark

I was  critical last year. I admit it…but he was not very good last year so some criticism was warranted.  That said, I knew he would improve in year 2.  He has done far better than I thought he would. Hopefully it continues…

I’ll tell you what, I wish he was UGA’s OC this year.  They need some creativity.  Kirby and Chaney are too similar in their conservative philosophy.  Bottle up the run game and UGA is helpless.

I was a wait and see guy with Sark as I made the same mistakes with KS and why he would change Ryan into the QB he was to fit his system.

Got that completely wrong so when Sark came along I wasn't making that mistake again.

Too me it's just like when you jump down a highly rated player or any player for that matter after 5 min.s.Got to understand the factors in play for the above mentioned and the fore mentioned and it takes different time periods for guys to get it.

Others get it quicker than some.

Falconsin2012 likes this

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

They’re still lurking. 

I know, I'm still here lol. Yes, besides week 1 the passing offense has made strides. But our running game is not existent tbh. Matt is just a monster thankfully, and knows hes getting paid 30 mil to not have excuses. Still not 100% sold on him yet, but I'd l still rather him stay then Matt continue this 'new oc every two years' trend 

Eh, no one needs to apologize. I think everyone was just calling a turd a turd.  Second, Sark still isn't all that great, with this offense and a elite QB, he should be somewhat successful. He does still have some brain farts and I still believe he lacks in teaching the little things. That will eventually catch up on with us , along with horrible oline. 

I've always said, Sark may eventually get it one day, and get better over time. He's showing some signs of doing that. He'd been good building a young team and they learn together, he was still a bad hire for a team wanting to win now. We wasted a healthy 2017 with a lost college OC. Maybe it will all come together before Ryan dies behind this line or retires.

Edited by THEHEADCOACH

I wasn't on the bash Sark hype train last year... I thought it was a bad hire, I still do.  The players are still not executing properly.   We are not seeing the slow role out of the playbook one week at a time like KS did in 2016 (that was a thing of beauty,  kill them with 13 personel one week, and RBS out of the backfield the next, etc etc).  There is no big picture plan like Kyle had.  I'm afraid Kyle is going to blow it in SF and come back in a few years (see Patriots).  

Is Sark doing a "good" job?  Sure.  But we put up a historically great team in 2016.  We have the same team in 2018 plus Riddly... I expect 30 points per game with the offensive weapons we have.  I truly believe that 95% of the OCs in the NFL could get the same production with this offense that Sarkisian is or Better. 

Faithful Falcon likes this

He still has his flaws. The apologies should be to Matt Ryan. He can make an OC look good. My issue with Sark, or any other coach is the chess match. Some games will come down to coaching. Every game that we've lost has pretty much been bad coaching. We can blame injuries, bad play from our stars, etc. 

It takes time to get comfortable in an offense.  This is why it’s amazing how consistant Matt has been despite going through four coordinators.  Normally that ruins a QB.  There are dozens of examples.  On the other hand, Brady and Brees have had the same OCs for basically their whole careers.  

rounz likes this

g last year I think Sark was handed a copy of Shanahan’s playbook and told to run it. This year I think with Matt’s help he put his offense in place.

Imo he is trying to run the ball but the OL is not blocking how much is on Coleman I can’t tell but he looks off this year with his burst and hardly any cutbacks.

mikeg272 likes this

9 hours ago, g-dawg said:

The whole offense?

Apologies Sark

Never bashed Sark. Even last year when it was apparent most of his problems were due to the execution of the players. Drops, butt picks, tip picks, whiff blocks, overthrows, under throws and dumass penalties. Ironically he's leading Shanny in just about every offensive statistical category but rushing and that's due to a Dimi Oline and Teco's turrible vision.

19 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

g last year I think Sark was handed a copy of Shanahan’s playbook and told to run it. This year I think with Matt’s help he put his offense in place.

Imo he is trying to run the ball but the OL is not blocking how much is on Coleman I can’t tell but he looks off this year with his burst and hardly any cutbacks.

It’s still mostly Shannahan’s playbook.  Sark runs a power gap scheme in the run game.  We still are primarily zone concept.  His preference is also to have his quarterback in shotgun rather than under center because he loves RPO.  We do run some RPO, but that’s Sarks bread & butter on offense.  What has changed is the terminology.  Wanka...lol 

Edited by Falconsin2012

8 hours ago, AlabamaFalconFan said:

I wasn't on the bash Sark hype train last year... I thought it was a bad hire, I still do.  The players are still not executing properly.   We are not seeing the slow role out of the playbook one week at a time like KS did in 2016 (that was a thing of beauty,  kill them with 13 personel one week, and RBS out of the backfield the next, etc etc).  There is no big picture plan like Kyle had.  I'm afraid Kyle is going to blow it in SF and come back in a few years (see Patriots).  

Is Sark doing a "good" job?  Sure.  But we put up a historically great team in 2016.  We have the same team in 2018 plus Riddly... I expect 30 points per game with the offensive weapons we have.  I truly believe that 95% of the OCs in the NFL could get the same production with this offense that Sarkisian is or Better. 

LOL @ 95% of OC could do what we are doing on offense. No they couldn’t, that’s utter nonsense.

Even without our Top RB, Falcons are a Top 5 NFL offense. 

Like I said, I knew you guys were out there lurking. Sark and falcons are proving how dead wrong you guys were. 

I had been very frustrated watching this offense until the the Giants game. That was more like it! The offensive line still needs to play better. They are better than this and I think that will prove out going forward. 

11 hours ago, g-dawg said:

The whole offense?

Apologies Sark

Nope, no Sark threads at all. The negativity has instead just shifted. Most threads are about:

1. Beasley

2, Trufant

3. The defense

4. The bad O-line

5. Injured reserve predictions

yea....

12 hours ago, g-dawg said:

The whole offense?

Apologies Sark

Yeah, he gets my apology.. Imo Sark is the biggest improvement of this team's season 

12 hours ago, g-dawg said:

The whole offense?

Apologies Sark

Yep. Pretty much all said is correct. We all look like Butt Holes right now.

Sark is now Awesome.

This team's problem on offense is poor blockers.  Not the play calling. 

(Aside from the still-weird toss sweeps on 3rd and 2.  God I want to set afire that page of the playbook.)

FalconJim likes this

I can be a little smug and say I was not a big player in beating him up or apologizing.  I would blame him during the games but on rewatch where I am looking at specific players and why things failed, I see a lot of execution failures and cascading negative events.  Sark has put some really beautifully designs on tape that we missed via execution (sacks/overthrows/penalties etc..).

12 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

You know how it works round here half the clowns that were yelling the house down have disappeared back into there holes or have just moved onto the next thing.

Infact the year of abuse on the OC has all but disappeared.

Well at times I was one that questioned a lot, but glad my questions and concerns were answered with a slap across the face.  Now, I'm hoping those who are for sure the season is through and no hopes of the playoffs get their awaking. Given the current setup in the NFC I see no reason, at this time, to think the Falcons have no chance of the playoffs.  10-6 or possible 9-7 will get you in. I am risen and ready for a playoff run after the bye week.