Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ya_boi_j

Deion "Falcons aren't going to the playoffs"

123 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

I agree with Deion Sanders on the Falcons lack of playoff chances this year, but I'm extremely disappointed and disheartened if that was true for the Falcons fanbase on MONDAY NIGHT under the BRIGHT LIGHTS! A lot of people complain why Atlanta isn't a professional sports town like a New York, Los Angeles, Dallas, Seattle, or even New Orleans. Heck, Cleveland, Charlotte, and Minnesota get more respect by the media than Atlanta which kills me every time I have to hear it. If the Atlanta fans would show up more like a Seattle crowd, maybe the sports gods would have rewarded us with another championship by now. I don't want to hear the pathetic excuse of "well, Georgia is about college football more than pro sports" aahhh aaahhh.... Georgia in college football is cursed too and has the longest national title drought out of any other major program in college football who compares in recruiting classes, talent and win percentage year in and year out. 

I've never seen anyone wear bags on thier heads..yet.

Falcons never won.

Coaching staff lost its collective mind, by not running the ball in that last SUper Bowl.

A lot of disappointments. BIG ones. Legendary.

Other teams' fans who move here-will remind you.

They should not move here. They will only go to the games if their hometown teams are the visiting team. The Corporate monster taking over the area, brings too many transients. That may be hurting ticket sales of all the sports.

5 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

If you had a $1 million to bet - would you put it down right now for the Falcons making the playoffs or the Falcons not making the playoffs?

In Deion's defense, his "job" and "reputation" and the money that go with them are at stake when he makes his call on the Falcons right now - he is obviously going with the most widely-accepted scenario.  If he goes off and says the Falcons are going to win the Superbowl right now, he risks being a real laughing stock if they don't.

This is why you can never really pay too much attention to the sports media world as they will say what they think the majority of their world wants them to say in their opinions not what they really think.

On the other hand, fans in forums like this say what they think and really should not care what others think of it.

Since when has an incorrect prediction by a talking head ever cost someone a job? I don't think Heath Evans has ever said a correct statement in his life but he's still around.

4 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I think this years rams defense would dominate the offense. That certainly isn’t the same team from last year

I think we could still move the ball on the Rams. This is where Coaching is important. You play to your strengths, and take what the defense gives you. We failed to do so against Philadelphia in two straight games.

8 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

If you had a $1 million to bet - would you put it down right now for the Falcons making the playoffs or the Falcons not making the playoffs?

In Deion's defense, his "job" and "reputation" and the money that go with them are at stake when he makes his call on the Falcons right now - he is obviously going with the most widely-accepted scenario.  If he goes off and says the Falcons are going to win the Superbowl right now, he risks being a real laughing stock if they don't.

This is why you can never really pay too much attention to the sports media world as they will say what they think the majority of their world wants them to say in their opinions not what they really think.

On the other hand, fans in forums like this say what they think and really should not care what others think of it.

Meh....I’ve never paid much attention to what Deion says. Great player, but he’s always shot from the hip without much real insight since he’s become a talking head. 

slamee101 likes this

13 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

It’s been that way for YEARS though. Even the super bowl year until the playoffs. That’s on coaching and play calling, not 100% the players imo

Truth.

Deion didn't say anything that many people on this board haven't said. People get upset because they don't like to hear others say the same things that they themselves have observed.

Atlanta has 6 road games remaining. The saying goes that defense travels. Where is the Falcon's defense? Sitting almost at the bottom of the league. The coaching staff is still searching for answers. Will they figure it out quickly and turn this season around? Will other teams stumble while the defense figure out how to be competitive?

At this point no one expects a dominant defense just one that is good enough. Judging by the Giants game, the Falcon's defense still has a ways to go.

slamee101 likes this

10 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I think we could still move the ball on the Rams. This is where Coaching is important. You play to your strengths, and take what the defense gives you. We failed to do so against Philadelphia in two straight games.

I don’t know. I think they murder the falcons in the trenches. Once Talib and Peters are 100% healthy that’s going to make their secondary more scary and allow more coverage sacks. They’re too strong man. I won’t even get started on their offense

Flying Falcon likes this

It's always interesting when Falcons fans get upset with Deion for picking against us.  Some of us told y'all a long time ago...he's a frontrunner.

That said, this was not as harsh as social media had me believing it was earlier this week.   Beyond that, I don't think he's wrong.  I'm gonna need to see a lot more than beating a pretty bad Giants team and the Bucs and Panthers at home for me to believe this team has it in them to go 7-2 (I think it'll take 10-6 to get into the playoffs) in their last 9 games.  

I just don't see that.  Can't be mad at Deion on this one at all.

On 10/26/2018 at 4:48 AM, mattyicefalcon said:

Hey we are all frustrated but, man I am not going to give up on our coach and team just yet.

No other team in NFL could have bounced back the way we did in 2017.

No other team could have been still fighting after plethora of starters out for season. (I dont fully understand the cap situation so really cant say who could we have gone after, and how much net difference would have made to the outcome)

We have solid offensive core group of tough players - Julio,  Ridley, Sanu , Mack, Matthews, Sharaeder & leader = Matt Ryan.

No other Q.B in league has taken this many hits and still topped the NFL in passing yards and almost tied with Patrick Mahomes in PLAY ACTION execution.

No other team will have the SPEED and INTELLECT once we get ALL our players back.

Yes, Im livid & frustrated but, I have accepted the situation = in the end, theres ONLY one team going to lift LOMBARDI and we are not ready this year.

We can build from this, We will have toughest backups line ups in league next year who will have soo much experience with them.

Falcons are ALWAYS going to FIGHT & give their 100% and as a FAN thats all I can expect rest is ALL up to ALMIGHTY ABOVE! 

#RISEUP #BROTHERHOOD

The NFC is wide open and the Falcons have a good chance of running the table. We keep forgetting that we have so much talent on the offense and the defense will stabilize due to catastrophic injuries earlier on. 

Im encouraged about the fact that defense is starting to trend back up in the last 2 weeks. People forget that our defense got much better in the 2nd half of the season during the SuperBowl season.

Having Grady and Shelby back is very important for many reasons, Senat is very complimentary with Grady, and Tak is a force. Vic is causing pressure on the QB’s, so he is disruptive in a way even without sacks. A healthy Deion Jones will be huge going forward. 

The Redskins game is going to be huge after the Bye Week and starting the 2nd half of the season- start with a win on the road against a decent average team. 

Edited by stingbee

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:59 AM, octoslash said:

You left out 'ignorant'.  They think running a NFL organization is as easy as ordering room service. 

Yes, I can do better a job in the idiotic Thomas Dimitroff. 

On 10/26/2018 at 8:41 AM, PriMeTiiMe said:

Last I checked Quinn is not the General Manager. Blame our front office for not making trades, Not the coaches.

Didn't go thru all 5 pages but when Quinn was hired it was said he would have final say on the 53 man roster week to week

1 hour ago, Mr.Blank said:

Didn't go thru all 5 pages but when Quinn was hired it was said he would have final say on the 53 man roster week to week

And there YOU have it!!!! Directly from MR. Blank himself.

Deion was asked his opinion and he gave it.  If the Falcons continue to play the way they are playing (which is the most likely scenario), they won't make the play-offs.  

Their defense is lousy and their OL is only slightly better.  That is a terrible combination for reaching the play-offs.

Can the Falcons make the play-offs?  Sure, but it would take a lot of improvement from the defense, the establishment of a meaningful run offense and probably some key losses by the Saints and Panthers.   

I don't see why anyone would get upset with Deion stating the most obvious probability.  

ya_boi_j likes this

6 hours ago, Knight of God said:

When you get this banged up and do nothing, waiting on next draft and off season...defense playing a mess. How do you get excited? How do you make the playoffs? Even the movie Rudy was fabricated. 

Rudy inspired and gave hope though

47 minutes ago, etherdome said:

Deion was asked his opinion and he gave it.  If the Falcons continue to play the way they are playing (which is the most likely scenario), they won't make the play-offs.  

Their defense is lousy and their OL is only slightly better.  That is a terrible combination for reaching the play-offs.

Can the Falcons make the play-offs?  Sure, but it would take a lot of improvement from the defense, the establishment of a meaningful run offense and probably some key losses by the Saints and Panthers.   

I don't see why anyone would get upset with Deion stating the most obvious probability.  

Because it was negative about the falcons. So they boo hoo

On 10/26/2018 at 8:56 AM, Peyton said:

Falcons fans are the strangest combination of deprived and spoiled that anyone will ever see.

these are the ones who've only been here since about 2001-02, or even as late as 2008 who only started watching when the team had 5 winning seasons in a row.....

On 10/26/2018 at 7:17 AM, ya_boi_j said:

Y'all gotta start posting these types of videos

He was honest, and he's a bit of a bandwagoner in public.To save his image as an expert, he will not predict a comeback for them.

36 minutes ago, Rise said:

He was honest, and he's a bit of a bandwagoner in public.To save his image as an expert, he will not predict a comeback for them.

Would you if you had an established name?