Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ya_boi_j

Deion "Falcons aren't going to the playoffs"

123 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, TNFalcon1 said:

Come on now. It's fairly easy distinguish one from the other. You call it out quite frequently. I agree nobody is the perfect fan, but common football sense is not displayed by a lot of the fans.

I'm included in that group just like everyone else. I know a few here think they know everything but they truly do not

Flying Falcon and TNFalcon1 like this

1 hour ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Ive accepted it that even due to most injuries caused to our elite players ...we are still in the mix of things.

We still have one of the best QB/WR corps in league.

I have no issues with our current state .  

You need to jump off the band wagon and follow Ping Pong or Volley Ball.

If you loathe FALCONS why do you even care to post on our boards.

Why should I not be a Falcons fan? I'm a huge Falcons fan.. Ive put alot more time and effort into this team than most people will in a life time.. But ive gone to alot more games than most people will ever.. Watching it on TV and seeing a team play in person is two different animals.. This team is bad and can get better but it won't be this year.. Sorry 

Flying Falcon likes this

If you had a $1 million to bet - would you put it down right now for the Falcons making the playoffs or the Falcons not making the playoffs?

In Deion's defense, his "job" and "reputation" and the money that go with them are at stake when he makes his call on the Falcons right now - he is obviously going with the most widely-accepted scenario.  If he goes off and says the Falcons are going to win the Superbowl right now, he risks being a real laughing stock if they don't.

This is why you can never really pay too much attention to the sports media world as they will say what they think the majority of their world wants them to say in their opinions not what they really think.

On the other hand, fans in forums like this say what they think and really should not care what others think of it.

4 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

If you had a $1 million to bet - would you put it down right now for the Falcons making the playoffs or the Falcons not making the playoffs?

In Deion's defense, his "job" and "reputation" and the money that go with them are at stake when he makes his call on the Falcons right now - he is obviously going with the most widely-accepted scenario.  If he goes off and says the Falcons are going to win the Superbowl right now, he risks being a real laughing stock if they don't.

This is why you can never really pay too much attention to the sports media world as they will say what they think the majority of their world wants them to say in their opinions not what they really think.

On the other hand, fans in forums like this say what they think and really should not care what others think of it.

I wouldn’t even bet $5. I’m stingy

Flying Falcon likes this

Everybody has an opinion, and none of them really mean anything.

Last year after the Falcons lost their 3rd consecutive game at NE in pretty ugly fashion, most of our own fans thought the Falcons were going to go 4-12 or 5-11.  It was some serious silliness around here.

The Falcons players and coaches are focused where they need to be right now, I think, which is "how do we beat the Washington Redskins".

Deion and all the other talking heads, and us fans for that matter, can say what we want.  It doesn't mean anything.

Faithful Falcon and falconsd56 like this

2 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

1) Deion is right, the new dome doesn't feel like home field advantage. Check the home stadiums in New Orleans, GB, Denver, Oakland, KC, NE, or Seattle. It is a scary place for opposing fans and teams.

We...fail to fill up seats in nationally televised games. 

2) I don't understand the fascination with Deion. Ya, he was a great player, but he's never been ride or die Falcons. 

The Dome wasn't like that. It's straight up that PSL situation. Huge miscalculation by Blank.

7 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Hey we are all frustrated but, man I am not going to give up on our coach and team just yet.

No other team in NFL could have bounced back the way we did in 2017.

No other team could have been still fighting after plethora of starters out for season. (I dont fully understand the cap situation so really cant say who could we have gone after, and how much net difference would have made to the outcome)

We have solid offensive core group of tough players - Julio,  Ridley, Sanu , Mack, Matthews, Sharaeder & leader = Matt Ryan.

No other Q.B in league has taken this many hits and still topped the NFL in passing yards and almost tied with Patrick Mahomes in PLAY ACTION execution.

No other team will have the SPEED and INTELLECT once we get ALL our players back.

Yes, Im livid & frustrated but, I have accepted the situation = in the end, theres ONLY one team going to lift LOMBARDI and we are not ready this year.

We can build from this, We will have toughest backups line ups in league next year who will have soo much experience with them.

Falcons are ALWAYS going to FIGHT & give their 100% and as a FAN thats all I can expect rest is ALL up to ALMIGHTY ABOVE! 

#RISEUP #BROTHERHOOD

I'm concerned about our o line more than anything. We need to keep MR2 healthy.

I hope that Deion Sanders accidentally falls on a steak knife in his kitchen. He is such a doosh-bag - one week, one season, he is all up about the Falcons, and now he turn-coats ... pretty much like the player he was when he ran away to San Francisco. I have no respect for him at all, and i wish the team would burn all of his jerseys that he had playing for us. Just a Jerk.

And PS - I wish the Atlanta Braves would burn his jerseys too. That stunt he pulled playing a Braves baseball game and a Falcon game on the same day..... Dude needs to be ashamed of himself

4 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Who would be stupid enough to bet $1000 on them period, even to win in the playoffs. History, regardless the coach , has shown not to.

Now don't get it twisted and think by any means am I saying they make the playoffs. I have zero reason to believe that at all but the defensive front 7 has made strides. Can't deny that. Garbage opponent or not, can't take that away from them as a unit because we've seen much worse play against worse

I'll agree with that.

Senat has been a pleasant surprise and Crawford has stepped it up.

If they could add another good DT to that rotation.....  that could be something to see.

11 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I'll agree with that.

Senat has been a pleasant surprise and Crawford has stepped it up.

If they could add another good DT to that rotation.....  that could be something to see.

I like what I've seen from Crawford as well. I questioned the signing at first but he's definitely impressed

Flying Falcon likes this

Falcons will reach the playoffs, will win the super bowl and you sob's better not celebrate and be, like you were behind this team all season.

Let me put it this way. **** Deion Sanders!!! I'm sick of people worshipping his punk *** anyway. The Falcons are good enough on offense to make a playoff run. Reason being, 1. Our offense is awesome. You can't really go wrong with Matt Ryan, and these receivers. 2. There is not a defense in the NFL that is dominate enough to stop our offense. Our defense sucks, but we will get better in the coming weeks.

17 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Let me put it this way. **** Deion Sanders!!! I'm sick of people worshipping his punk *** anyway. The Falcons are good enough on offense to make a playoff run. Reason being, 1. Our offense is awesome. You can't really go wrong with Matt Ryan, and these receivers. 2. There is not a defense in the NFL that is dominate enough to stop our offense. Our defense sucks, but we will get better in the coming weeks.

I think this years rams defense would dominate the offense. That certainly isn’t the same team from last year

8 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

It's a four quarter game, and a four quarter season. We're only halfway through and people already acting like it's over. But since some of y'all seem to think DQ sucks, then heck, why bother watching or even talking about them because it's like you think the Falcons aren't supposed to do anything good, let alone try. Yeah the Super Bowl sucked, but gee, how many fans can say their team went to the bowl in even the last 10 years?

Remember when the Texans were 0-3? They just went to 5-3. They lost their home opener to those same Giants y'all are complaining "we barely won against."

Rise up man!

Would you rather get beat by twenty in the Division or Conference Championship game OR blow a 28-3 lead in the SB?

I'll take the former thank you.

He will be on the band wagon once the Falcons get to 6-4. The man changes like the wind, always has and always will...that's just how he operates.

7 hours ago, octoslash said:

You left out 'ignorant'.  They think running a NFL organization is as easy as ordering room service. 

It is. I mean, it's just a sport.

Yep DQ has enough credit in my fan bank to listen or throw in the towel like others.

Still alot of football to be played yet.

Ill ride with DQ and co screw the outside noise because that's all it is.

3 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I'm concerned about our o line more than anything. We need to keep MR2 healthy.

Im sure Arthur Blank, Dimitroff , Dan Quinn and Sarah Ryan are more concerned than anyone of us here.

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

I agree with Deion Sanders on the Falcons lack of playoff chances this year, but I'm extremely disappointed and disheartened if that was true for the Falcons fanbase on MONDAY NIGHT under the BRIGHT LIGHTS! A lot of people complain why Atlanta isn't a professional sports town like a New York, Los Angeles, Dallas, Seattle, or even New Orleans. Heck, Cleveland, Charlotte, and Minnesota get more respect by the media than Atlanta which kills me every time I have to hear it. If the Atlanta fans would show up more like a Seattle crowd, maybe the sports gods would have rewarded us with another championship by now. I don't want to hear the pathetic excuse of "well, Georgia is about college football more than pro sports" aahhh aaahhh.... Georgia in college football is cursed too and has the longest national title drought out of any other major program in college football who compares in recruiting classes, talent and win percentage year in and year out. 

Flying Falcon likes this

I would say the same, but Ryan is playing too good. The O-line is hurting now, and Shraeder is not doing well this seaoson, but..a hot offense ..can change some things.