Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ya_boi_j

Deion "Falcons aren't going to the playoffs"

123 posts in this topic

I saw this yesterday but didnt post because I figured someone would be all over it.

He is probably correct but sometimes he is a homer and the rest of the time he acts like he hates the falcons.....oh well. 

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

You guys know you’re talking about yourselves too don’t you? Don’t pretend to be that perfect fan 

Indeed my comment was in regards to ALL Falcons fans.  I think Octoslash was just referring to those who want to fire the people who have brought the club all this success though.  But I don't want to speak for him.

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

The defense isn't going to make that magical jump I guess the optimists think they will.

At best they'll go from historically horrible to still one of the worst Ds in the league.

They're barely beating the bad teams and in the 3 wins they haven't beaten anyone by more than a TD.

No,  this team is seriously flawed and that isn't getting fixed this season.

And the offense is completely one dimensional,  can't run and has trouble protecting the passer.

Yeah they'll win a few more games but they aren't making the playoffs.

But let’s think about it. The front 7 is actually showing improvement. The secondary is the weak link now. That should be the higher focus. If they play better, we don’t have any glaring conversation about the defense. That’s a huge if though

Skeetbird and Flying Falcon like this

1 minute ago, Skeetbird said:

I saw this yesterday but didnt post because I figured someone would be all over it.

He is probably correct but sometimes he is a homer and the rest of the time he acts like he hates the falcons.....oh well. 

You mean how homers here do?

Skeetbird and Flying Falcon like this

1 minute ago, Skeetbird said:

Deion is a classic frontrunner, he rides with the Falcons when things are good. 

Lowndesfalc likes this

15 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Falcons fans are the strangest combination of deprived and spoiled that anyone will ever see.

Accurate description....sadly

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

It’s a collective decision though. If Quinn feels he can actually work with what he has, nothing’s gonna happen. Another factor is the asking price for some of these players and willingness to part ways with certain picks. Then gotta consider the cap. 

Trust me I wanted to see at least one move myself but I get it. I think everyone gets it but frustration leads to other thoughts

No coach is going to come out and say "Our LBs suck". They will always instill confidence in the guys they have. That does not mean they're not on the phones behind closed doors making calls to see what is available and the price to get certain players. As you said, We may have wanted some guys but the price was simply too steep to do or the contract situation just was not right for us with our cap. Who knows. I would love to make some moves but I am not going to run around acting like I know what Quinn wants based off his politically correct press conferences and interviews.

2 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Indeed my comment was in regards to ALL Falcons fans.  I think Octoslash was just referring to those who want to fire the people who have brought the club all this success though.  But I don't want to speak for him.

Well that’s when people have to realize you can’t control how everyone thinks. That’s the major failure on this site

rounz, Flying Falcon and Skeetbird like this

1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

No coach is going to come out and say "Our LBs suck". They will always instill confidence in the guys they have. That does not mean they're not on the phones behind closed doors making calls to see what is available and the price to get certain players. As you said, We may have wanted some guys but the price was simply too steep to do or the contract situation just was not right for us with our cap. Who knows. I would love to make some moves but I am not going to run around acting like I know what Quinn wants based off his politically correct press conferences and interviews.

Of course they don’t say it. The moves made say it. Like Foye taking over for Riley. It’s plain a simple what the thought is. It’s very easy to read between the lines sometimes 

Flying Falcon likes this

Well that’s when people have to realize you can’t control how everyone thinks. That’s the major failure on this site

I don't see where the failure is. Members on this site often disagree.  Some do it very maturely and some very immaturely.  But its all good either way.

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Of course they don’t say it. The moves made say it. Like Foye taking over for Riley. It’s plain a simple what the thought is. It’s very easy to read between the lines sometimes 

Us moving around players to different positions and limiting a guys PT doesn't really tell you anything about what they're doing behind closed doors to try and get a trade done.

Just now, Peyton said:

I don't see where the failure is. Members on this site often disagree.  Some do it very maturely and some very immaturely.  But its all good either way.

The failure is thinking everyone is supposed to think like you(generally). Like the one guy telling Jedi to not be negative all the time. Why on earth should anyone have to change for anyone. Completely stupid. 

Flying Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Us moving around players to different positions and limiting a guys PT doesn't really tell you anything about what they're doing behind closed doors to try and get a trade done.

If you say so. And you got my words all types of twisted

Flying Falcon likes this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

But let’s think about it. The front 7 is actually showing improvement. The secondary is the weak link now. That should be the higher focus. If they play better, we don’t have any glaring conversation about the defense. That’s a huge if though

They showed improvement against a horrible offensive line, which is good.  It was encouraging.

However I need to see more before I'm even close to thinking they're improved.  Then you have the play of the veteran that should be stable corners.... which is all over the place.

Depth is still a concern on the front 4.  They're one injury away from being completely ineffective.

And there's the question of can the offense play on the road.  On the 2 road games they played this year the answer was clearly no.  And there are teams out there that will be bad match-ups for the offense.  There always are but the difference is there are no teams where our D is a bad match-up.

We're 6 games into the season.  We know what this team is.  They can beat the bad teams.  Can they even complete with the good teams?  We don't even know if they can compete on the road yet.

Too many questions at this point in the season to make me think they're going to the playoffs.  They score 40 on the Ravens then maybe I change my tune.

4 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

They showed improvement against a horrible offensive line, which is good.  It was encouraging.

However I need to see more before I'm even close to thinking they're improved.  Then you have the play of the veteran that should be stable corners.... which is all over the place.

Depth is still a concern on the front 4.  They're one injury away from being completely ineffective.

And there's the question of can the offense play on the road.  On the 2 road games they played this year the answer was clearly no.  And there are teams out there that will be bad match-ups for the offense.  There always are but the difference is there are no teams where our D is a bad match-up.

We're 6 games into the season.  We know what this team is.  They can beat the bad teams.  Can they even complete with the good teams?  We don't even know if they can compete on the road yet.

Too many questions at this point in the season to make me think they're going to the playoffs.  They score 40 on the Ravens then maybe I change my tune.

So you don’t think they’ve shown improvement the  llast couple of weeks? I’m not specifically talking about the pass rush. Yeah I know it was Tampa and New York but at least they showed improvement 

Flying Falcon likes this

If you say so. And you got my words all types of twisted

"If you say so".

My point remains. No one here knows what they're doing behind closed doors. No One knows what Quinn truly wants or has tried to do. The same goes for our front office. People love to assume stuff though. Just because no moves have been made that means no one has tried anything. :lol:

35 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Last I checked Quinn is not the General Manager. Blame our front office for not making trades, Not the coaches.

Hey Quinn, you see this? Everything bad considering the personnel is done by TD, but everything good, like drafting players like Deion, Neal, and acquiring good FAs, is done by you. You have to be the most "super dupest" person in the world to receive all the good accolades for the good acquisitions and none of the bad accolades for the bad ones or sitting idle on your hands and not looking or requesting for help for your injured riddled team. How do you feel with this type of power from your fans?

865185182.0.jpg

THE BESEST!!!!

Just now, PriMeTiiMe said:

"If you say so".

My point remains. No one here knows what they're doing behind closed doors. No One knows what Quinn truly wants or has tried to do. The same goes for our front office. People love to assume stuff though. Just because no moves have been made that means no one has tried anything. :lol:

Yes if you say so. What’s the point in both of us repeating the same thing over and over like your doing in this post? So if you say so man. 

Flying Falcon likes this

Heck, I didn't need Deion to tell me THAT. Too many injuries to too many crucial players.

After we lost Rico, that was it as far as I was concerned. All we can do is to get the rooks crucial playing time and deal with the substitutes trying to adjust to our scheme. So yeah, no playoffs this season.

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

So you don’t think they’ve shown impothe last couple of weeks? I’m not specifically talking about the pass rush. Yeah I know it was Tampa and New York but at least they showed improvement 

No because at the end of the game they have massive break downs that let the other team back in the game.

And the only reason they've won is because of a pair of 50+ yard field goals.  The offense had the ball at the end of the each win and couldn't close out the game and run out the clock.  So Quinn has taken gambles with really long field goals.  Don't get me wrong it's great that the FGs worked and it was ballzy but you can't rely on that.  The next time he tries that and if it doesn't work?

It's one thing if you have a couple of ugly games in a season where you win like that.  It's another when those are your only wins.

mqg96, ya_boi_j and Flying Falcon like this

Just now, Flying Falcon said:

Hey Quinn, you see this? Everything bad considering the personnel is done by TD, but everything good, like drafting players like Deion, Neal, and acquiring good FAs, is done by you. You have to be the most "super dupest" person in the world to receive all the good accolades for the good acquisitions and none of the bad accolades for the bad ones or sitting idle on your hands and not looking or requesting for help for your injured riddled team. How do you feel with this type of power from your fans?

865185182.0.jpg

THE BESEST!!!!

You need help. Please show me where I credited Quinn for drafting good players and blamed all the bad players on TD. I'll wait.

falconsfan4life3 likes this

Just now, Statick said:

Heck, I didn't need Deion to tell me THAT. Too many injuries to too many crucial players.

After we lost Rico, that was it as far as I was concerned. All we can do is to get the rooks crucial playing time and deal with the substitutes trying to adjust to our scheme. So yeah, no playoffs this season.

IMO, if there was a legit replacement for Neal to pair with Kazee, Rico wouldn’t be mentioned at all. I understand he and Debo put the guys in place and all but **** someone else needs to have those guys prepared better or something. 

Flying Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

No because at the end of the game they have massive break downs that let the other team back in the game.

And the only reason they've won is because of a pair of 50+ yard field goals.  The offense had the ball at the end of the each win and couldn't close out the game and run out the clock.  So Quinn has taken gambles with really long field goals.  Don't get me wrong it's great that the FGs worked and it was ballzy but you can't rely on that.  The next time he tries that and if it doesn't work?

It's one thing if you have a couple of ugly games in a season where you win like that.  It's another when those are your only wins.

If almost every other contender didn’t do the same then I agree with this. There’s only one team that’s playing super bowl contending football and that’s the rams. Ugly wins are league wide yearly. The falcons ugly wins stick out more because it’s who we watch more

1 hour ago, Flying Falcon said:

Thanks Quinn for sitting back idle while others trade their team away and we could have gotten help, doing the same idiotic thing by running Richards and Riley out on the field expecting different results, all while standing in the sidelines cheerleading and applauding bad play from sorry players, and managing to keep this look on your face at the same time. 

865185182.0.jpg

YOURE A WINNER!!!

You managed to take us to a Superbowl, suffer the worst coneback lost in Superbowl history, and take us to the bottom of the division in the matter of 3 years, all while standing on the sidelines keeping this expression on your face.

YOURE THE GREATEST!!!!

^ this post is AWESOME!!!!!!  I feel the exact same way about it.  Atlanta sports are frustrating.  Always "they are a year ahead of schedule" so the loss was no big deal, nobody expected them to be there.  Always, "they don't fit or are not a Falcons/Braves type of player."  This is why we watch other cities celebrate.  You have to sell out and be willing to go big and take advantage of the opportunity....BUT that is not the ATL way.  Its always build it from in-house.

Flying Falcon likes this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

If almost every other contender didn’t do the same then I agree with this. There’s only one team that’s playing super bowl contending football and that’s the rams. Ugly wins are league wide yearly. The falcons ugly wins stick out more because it’s who we watch more

Yeah.  I said it's one thing if you have a couple of ugly wins.  That happens.

It's another if those are your only wins.

Flying Falcon likes this