Italian Ice Won Special Teams Player of the Week

Peyton

1 minute ago, jlrfalcon said:

What are we going to do when our own special guy comes back?  Watch us let the Italian guy go and another team we play later in the year signs him (Ravens might need another kicker soon?).

I just have a feeling Bryant will be out a while.  He's older and hamstrings are really tricky sometimes.

Just now, CrimsonFalcon said:

I just have a feeling Bryant will be out a while.  He's older and hamstrings are really tricky sometimes.

I think there is a chance he even ends up on IR. A full hamstring tear for a kicker is always tough to come back quickly from, nevermind that the guy is 43.

22 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

What are we going to do when our own special guy comes back?  Watch us let the Italian guy go and another team we play later in the year signs him (Ravens might need another kicker soon?).

I don't think the Ravens are going to cut the most accurate kicker in NFL history at 28 years old because he missed his first extra point in over a decade, but I do hope the Falcons are able to find a way to keep the dude. 

On the other hand, I don't think we should necessarily all overreact to one game either. 

Great game though!

39 minutes ago, octoslash said:

This dude had a chance with the Bills but Hauschka beat him out.  The Giants had signed him to a reserve contract but released him.  He is set to be the placekicker for the Salt Lake franchise in the new Alliance of American Football.

4 hours ago, Peyton said:

By the way, I think it was one of our own board members who first dubbed the dude Italian Ice in the thread I started yesterday.  Now the Falcons are using it lol.

I want my credit or maybe something cool signed by Signor Ice

2 hours ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

And hasn't Matty Ice II been having these reoccurring hamstring issues. Is he just too old? I love the guy, but it will suck if we cut the one and Bryant's injury is a nagging issue that carries over.

I pulled my hamstrings playing softball, and it's a lingering thing that comes back every time I try to Sprint. Of course, he's a lot younger than me and hopefully has much better doctors.

1 minute ago, celtiksage said:

And hasn't Matty Ice II been having these reoccurring hamstring issues. Is he just too old? I love the guy, but it will suck if we cut the one and Bryant's injury is a nagging issue that carries over.

I pulled my hamstrings playing softball, and it's a lingering thing that comes back every time I try to Sprint. Of course, he's a lot younger than me and hopefully has much better doctors.

He's had leg problems the last few years, but hasn't missed significant time.

4 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

Justin Tucker is the most accurate kicker in NFL history. He's not going anywhere because he missed his first PAT since high school on a day where the wind was stupid.