Jump to content

Italian Ice Won Special Teams Player of the Week


Peyton
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, jlrfalcon said:

What are we going to do when our own special guy comes back?  Watch us let the Italian guy go and another team we play later in the year signs him (Ravens might need another kicker soon?).

I just have a feeling Bryant will be out a while.  He's older and hamstrings are really tricky sometimes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, CrimsonFalcon said:

I just have a feeling Bryant will be out a while.  He's older and hamstrings are really tricky sometimes.

I think there is a chance he even ends up on IR. A full hamstring tear for a kicker is always tough to come back quickly from, nevermind that the guy is 43.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

What are we going to do when our own special guy comes back?  Watch us let the Italian guy go and another team we play later in the year signs him (Ravens might need another kicker soon?).

I don't think the Ravens are going to cut the most accurate kicker in NFL history at 28 years old because he missed his first extra point in over a decade, but I do hope the Falcons are able to find a way to keep the dude. 

On the other hand, I don't think we should necessarily all overreact to one game either. 

Great game though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, octoslash said:

 

This dude had a chance with the Bills but Hauschka beat him out.  The Giants had signed him to a reserve contract but released him.  He is set to be the placekicker for the Salt Lake franchise in the new Alliance of American Football.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Peyton said:

By the way, I think it was one of our own board members who first dubbed the dude Italian Ice in the thread I started yesterday.  Now the Falcons are using it lol.

I want my credit or maybe something cool signed by Signor Ice

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

I just have a feeling Bryant will be out a while.  He's older and hamstrings are really tricky sometimes.

And hasn't Matty Ice II been having these reoccurring hamstring issues. Is he just too old? I love the guy, but it will suck if we cut the one and Bryant's injury is a nagging issue that carries over.

I pulled my hamstrings playing softball, and it's a lingering thing that comes back every time I try to Sprint. Of course, he's a lot younger than me and hopefully has much better doctors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, celtiksage said:

And hasn't Matty Ice II been having these reoccurring hamstring issues. Is he just too old? I love the guy, but it will suck if we cut the one and Bryant's injury is a nagging issue that carries over.

I pulled my hamstrings playing softball, and it's a lingering thing that comes back every time I try to Sprint. Of course, he's a lot younger than me and hopefully has much better doctors.

He's had leg problems the last few years, but hasn't missed significant time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

What are we going to do when our own special guy comes back?  Watch us let the Italian guy go and another team we play later in the year signs him (Ravens might need another kicker soon?).

Justin Tucker is the most accurate kicker in NFL history. He's not going anywhere because he missed his first PAT since high school on a day where the wind was stupid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...