falcons007

Dave Archer on Vic Beasley against the Giants

72 posts in this topic

Looks like Grady makes every one better.

“And I think because Grady was having success getting push up the middle that Vic was very active last night in the rush last night. There’s been some criticism levied at Vic because he doesn’t have the numbers that everyone wants to quantify his performance with, but when you start to talk about quarterback pressures, I would credit him with four or five quarterback pressures last night. That created problems for Eli, and give Grady some credit for creating that interior push.”

4 minutes ago, falconidae said:

The typo in the title conjures up a disturbing image. 

I was thinking the same thing, I figured a fellow dirty minded individual would say something. 

falcons007 likes this

Beasley just doesnt have the arm-length or the moves to compensate for his size. All he's got is a speed move. He cant spin, he cant bull-rush. He literally has no technique, and i think its time to start looking for his replacement before it gets too late.

Takk on the other hand has all the tools to be a good DE in this league.

sdogg, FalconsFanSC, shock and 2 others like this

11 hours ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

Beasley just doesnt have the arm-length or the moves to compensate for his size. All he's got is a speed move. He cant spin, he cant bull-rush. He literally has no technique, and i think its time to start looking for his replacement before it gets too late.

Takk on the other hand has all the tools to be a good DE in this league.

That speed move sucks when all the OL does is give him a good push and his momentum has him 10 yards behind the qb.. 

Edited by Dirtybird3

57 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Looks like Grady makes every one better.

“And I think because Grady was having success getting push up the middle that Vic was very active last night in the rush last night. There’s been some criticism levied at Vic because he doesn’t have the numbers that everyone wants to quantify his performance with, but when you start to talk about quarterback pressures, I would credit him with four or five quarterback pressures last night. That created problems for Eli, and give Grady some credit for creating that interior push.”

Not just Jarrett 007 Crawford's been getting there aswell the last couple of games.

Small incremental improvements.

Check out this video at the 0:48 second mark. Vic gets absolutely zero credit for this sack on the stat sheet but this sack doesn't happen without Vic. Be forced Eli to move up into the waiting arms of Grady Jarrett. That's exactly what Archer is talking about here. This is the exact kind of stuff I see from Vic and folks give him absolutely no credit for it when he deserves it. The sack doesn't happen without him.

43 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

He does every week. Called out Alford this week. Campbell and Poole in earlier weeks. He breaks down the game, that’s his job.

I don't have much of an opportunity to follow as much of the satellite media as I'd like to. I have very limited screen time watching Arch. 

I do however, know what his job is. I also know he's not independent media. I'm glad he's objective. In this instance, I disagree with his takeaway.

I'm glad Grady is back and for sure that makes everyone's job on the DL that much easier... The saying: "A rising tide lifts all boats" comes to mind. However, it seemed to me that he was saying the pressures he's crediting to Beasley signals a corner turned. I'm not sure about that!

I'd love it to be so, but I don't trust Beasley enough to be hopeful.

roguebeaver and GhostofGritz like this

5 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Check out this video at the 0:48 second mark. Vic gets absolutely zero credit for this sack on the stat sheet but this sack doesn't happen without Vic. Be forced Eli to move up into the waiting arms of Grady Jarrett. That's exactly what Archer is talking about here. This is the exact kind of stuff I see from Vic and folks give him absolutely no credit for it when he deserves it. The sack doesn't happen without him.

I agree. THIS play is exactly as you've described it. I couldn't say it's representative of his play down to down.

Falconsfan567 likes this

1 minute ago, Bunchy Carter said:

I agree. THIS play is exactly as you've described it. I couldn't say it's representative of his play down to down.

No. It's not what he does on a consistent basis. But, if you watch him closely, he moves the QB off the spot 3 or 4 times a game consistently. He just doesn't finish enough plays to where he gets the sacks. I think back to the Bengals game and that final drive. There were 2 straight plays where he was this close to getting the strip sack fumble of Dalton to seal the game and instead Dalton was able to get away. That's the difference between an average pass rusher like Vic and a game changer like Mack or Von Miller. They finish those plays and end the game in those situations.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

No. It's not what he does on a consistent basis. But, if you watch him closely, he moves the QB off the spot 3 or 4 times a game consistently. He just doesn't finish enough plays to where he gets the sacks. I think back to the Bengals game and that final drive. There were 2 straight plays where he was this close to getting the strip sack fumble of Dalton to seal the game and instead Dalton was able to get away. That's the difference between an average pass rusher like Vic and a game changer like Mack or Von Miller. They finish those plays and end the game in those situations.

Once again, I agree. For me, the fact that he's in a position to make impact plays and often comes away empty-handed is why I'm wildly frustrated. 

It reminds me of Vick a little bit. Freakishly talented... but just can't seem to get it together. Obviously they're ONLY comparable in that they're both ridiculously gifted physically...

I just don't think his almost sacks and virtual invisibility the rest of the time is up to the standard I think we should have. 

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

Not just Jarrett 007 Crawford's been getting there aswell the last couple of games.

Small incremental improvements.

Yeah. Hopefully with Bye week, they can improve more.

kiwifalcon likes this

29 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

I don't have much of an opportunity to follow as much of the satellite media as I'd like to. I have very limited screen time watching Arch. 

I do however, know what his job is. I also know he's not independent media. I'm glad he's objective. In this instance, I disagree with his takeaway.

I'm glad Grady is back and for sure that makes everyone's job on the DL that much easier... The saying: "A rising tide lifts all boats" comes to mind. However, it seemed to me that he was saying the pressures he's crediting to Beasley signals a corner turned. I'm not sure about that!

I'd love it to be so, but I don't trust Beasley enough to be hopeful.

Archer is pretty balanced if you listen to him. Wes Durham is the color guy, he almost always pumps Falcons up.

Bunchy Carter likes this

28 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

Once again, I agree. For me, the fact that he's in a position to make impact plays and often comes away empty-handed is why I'm wildly frustrated. 

It reminds me of Vick a little bit. Freakishly talented... but just can't seem to get it together. Obviously they're ONLY comparable in that they're both ridiculously gifted physically...

I just don't think his almost sacks and virtual invisibility the rest of the time is up to the standard I think we should have. 

Exactly. I was all over the we need Beasley train when he was drafted. I saw a guy that had the potential to become the next John Abraham for the Falcons and he's just never put it together. It's just made even more frustrated because he's always so close.

I'm in full agreement we need to improve and get some bigger guys at DT. BUT Vic needs so many conditions to go his way perfectly for him to get a sack I'm just tired of it.

Tak is the real deal and can create sacks, Vic cannot. I want guys that can create sacks even when things are not optimal.

Beef up our DT's and replace Vic with a better pass rusher to bookend with Tak.

Flying Falcon likes this

14 hours ago, Bunchy Carter said:

Has Arch ever publicly spoken negatively about a Falcons player?

Yes he does, Arch doesn't sugar coat he polite but he doesnt hold back and calls it like it is

RiseUpFalcs likes this