NOVAFalconFan

So what do we think about Sark and the playcalling?

62 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

They can’t pass block either. We’re 11th in passing attempts and 26th in rushing attempts. Matt threw the ball, what, 39 times last game? There’s only so much more unbalanced you can get behind this line considering they’re still in the bottom 5 for most quarterback hits allowed. 

It doesn’t always look it but what few rushing attempts we do have keeps the defense honest and actually helps out the line when we do go playaction. You tip the run/pass ratio any further Matt loses what little protection he’s still got. Matt’s already doing enough chuckin’ and duckin’ as it is.

He threw it 41 times against the Bucs. Remarkably Ryan has still completed over 75% of his passes (12 straight completions against the Bucs and 18 straight against NYG) with a YPA north of 9 despite attempting 80 passes over these last two games.

Like you said though, that's not sustainable.

On 10/24/2018 at 4:42 AM, Falconsin2012 said:

While the players were part of the problem too, Sark was below average last year.  He wasn’t put in a position to succeed by Quinn & TD....and as such, he didn’t.  He did not gameplan opponents well at all.  See the playoff loss in Phili as example.  Knapp is not getting enough credit for helping turn things around this year.  Sark has improved, but he now has the support he needs.

The now infamous “All Sark No Bite” clearly demonstrates Sarkisian struggles in 2017

As explained, Sark gets a complete pass for 2017 because he was forced into trying to be Kyle Shanahan and not allowed to be himself. It was a disastrous thought process to think Sark would come in and be able to be a Kyle Shanahan clone. Football doesn't work like that. You cannot run another man's offense and call plays the same way he did with his verbage, ect. During the offseason they made the decision to let Sark be himself and implement his offense and this is the result we've gotten.

On 10/24/2018 at 8:25 AM, Draftnut57 said:

Trufant needs  to be let go ASAP , and replaced even if it's a young Rookie,,  Because Tru is not the truth anymore. He's finished,, he needs to retire.

Thread about Sark and you post about Trufant? Get confused my friend?

On 10/24/2018 at 11:16 AM, JerseyNo12 said:

He threw it 41 times against the Bucs. Remarkably Ryan has still completed over 75% of his passes (12 straight completions against the Bucs and 18 straight against NYG) with a YPA north of 9 despite attempting 80 passes over these last two games.

Like you said though, that's not sustainable.

You wanna know what's absolutely incredible, Drew Brees is completing 77.3% of his passes this year. Ryan is completing 71.1% of his passes this year. The NFL record for a single season is 72.0% set by Brees last year. He broke his own record of 71.2% set in 2011. Brees is on track to finish this year over 70% for the 5th time in his NFL career. I can't stand the little swamp rat but it's been downright incredible the career he's put together.

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

You wanna know what's absolutely incredible, Drew Brees is completing 77.3% of his passes this year. Ryan is completing 71.1% of his passes this year. The NFL record for a single season is 72.0% set by Brees last year. He broke his own record of 71.2% set in 2011. Brees is on track to finish this year over 70% for the 5th time in his NFL career. I can't stand the little swamp rat but it's been downright incredible the career he's put together.

Every true fan and casual fan of the game outside of the Falcons fanbase enjoys and appreciates Drew Brees as a player. SMDH if only he was with the Dolphins let's say and Nick Saban stayed there competing with Brady & Belichick every year. The game would be a lot more fun for me and I'd appreciate Drew Brees more as a player. Even if the Chargers had kept him too.

Falconsfan567 likes this

19 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Every true fan and casual fan of the game outside of the Falcons fanbase enjoys and appreciates Drew Brees as a player. SMDH if only he was with the Dolphins let's say and Nick Saban stayed there competing with Brady & Belichick every year. The game would be a lot more fun for me and I'd appreciate Drew Brees more as a player. Even if the Chargers had kept him too.

One of the reasons Saban only stayed 2 years was because the they refused to grant him his wish of signing Drew Brees. They forced Daunte Culpepper on Saban and he was none too thrilled about it.

mqg96 likes this

On 10/24/2018 at 10:27 AM, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Referencing something vel pointed out last year... 

We were #1 in time of possession per drive, #2 in number of plays ran per drive, and #3 yards per drive, and #7 in points per drive last season. An offense doesn’t move the ball like that if your offensive coordinator were anywhere near as bad as this board tried to make him out to be.

I would say the red zone scoring and play calling there have improved the most.

Sark wasn’t terrible last year like people made out. He just had some areas to grow. And wouldn’t ya know getting a better support staff in place would help him spike in effectiveness!

I like that we seem to have more plays for potential YAC into TDs.

We didn’t have Ridley for plays like that last year. I think Sark is getting a better understanding of how the offense plays off Julio in overall concepts of routes in a play and how to work the defense into situations we want to attack them.

If anything, he has a better understanding of his players and what he wants to do vs a given defense week to week.

Thing is, he’d be making progress year 2 even if we didn’t have the RZ issues last year.

And yes, it’s amazing we are doing well without a better run game and the bad pass protection.

I give mostly credit to Ryan but Sark right after with trusting Matt and not being unbalanced forcing run more than necessary knowing the struggles we are having.

People hate on the toss or outside zone but what else are we going to do? Can only run so many middle or inside zone plays in a given game.

4 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Drew Brees is a 1st Ballot HOFer. Whether we hate him or not, he has made a career out of destroying Zone Defenses (like ours). I wish he would  accidentally CHOKE HIMSELF and perish ... but that wont happen. He is a living legend and we have to deal with him 2 times a season. Imagine if Tom Brady was in our division. You just got to deal with it until you stop it.

On 10/23/2018 at 4:07 PM, NCFalconfan said:

Sark has made some strides for sure. I would still like to see more blitz beating options and the toss sweep thrown in the garbage though. 

^this saves me the trouble of expressing my thoughts about this thread...do you also know the Powerball numbers?  I'll split it with you. 

NCFalconfan likes this

On 10/23/2018 at 4:40 PM, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

You cant do a whole when your O Line sucks as bad as ours.

I think Sark is dialing it up as best he can. But if ya aint got Blockers then nothing gonna work. Its plain and simple.

on the side - Im getting REALLY SICK of Julio's drops. This has been a continuing on-going problem the past 2 years. Shape up or Ship him out

Best receiver on team. We ain't the same without Julio. Another Julio hater lol