Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scott1988

Saints acquire Eli Apple

112 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

That's not bad imo. 

As long as he rebounds...

5 hours ago, Bossmare said:

The Saints 2019 draft class is taking shape:
1st round: DE Marcus Davenport trade
2nd round: Still own
3rd round: Teddy Bridgewater trade
4th round: Eli Apple trade
5th round: Still own
6th round: Still own + Jets' pick
7th round: Still own

Yikes!

6 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Tru hasn't been the same since that injury. I would rather have Lattimore. Apple is no better than Tru or Rocky right now. If the saints got Jackrabbit I would say yeah that's a good one. But Apple? Heck no

The difference between Rocky and Lattimore is that Latt gets away with holding. 

3 hours ago, The best NFC South team said:

Yet other teams keep giving up W’s to us. B)

Giving is the right description for what happened Sunday. The law of averages caught up to the most reliable kicker in NFL history.

19 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

Explain how one's sexual preference is relevant to being drafted? Explain why Manuel felt the need to ask when it obviously wasn't a Falcon's policy? Explain why DQ, Blank, and the Falcons organization got pissed off for him asking?

Manuel asked for his own amusement because he obviously disagrees with homosexuality. Don't be naive.

Are you really this ignorant? It has nothing to do with Apple being "self-conscious". This statement is a sad attempt at victim blaming. 

Your statements are nothing more than conjecture. The organization went into damage control mode because of how the media covered the situation. Ironically, those kinds of questions are designed to gauge how prepared players are for all the media coverage, good and bad, and Eli Apple (again ironically) went to the largest (and arguably most brutal) media market of all. I doubt Manuel really cared whether or not Apple was actually gay but was more interested in how he'd respond to those kinds of allegations.

It's pretty simple and a sign of maturity if you can do this:

Interviewer: Are you gay?

"No, no comment, next question," or any answer to the effect of "I'm not obligated to answer that question" or "I know my rights" would have sufficed. As far as I know, inquiring about someone's orientation isn't discrimination, unless that information is used against the person in question.

Sorry, but if that question bothers someone that much, he/she probably isn't ready to be in a such a public facing position, at least not without some supervision or mentorship.

15 hours ago, saints4life25 said:

Apple has given up 225 yards this season. 

Alford gave up 224 yards last night. 

LOL.

Falcon fans are just mad that their team's FO is content with them being shredded on the regular.  The Saints have already beat them once this season, the thread on this very board is some good reading, and The Saints will do it again.  This division race will come down to the Saints and the Panthers.  The Bucs might play spoilers.  The Falcons will play female dog...

saints4life25 likes this

8 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Ironically, those kinds of questions are designed to gauge how prepared players are for all the media coverage, good and bad,

You can't be serious. 

Asking a potential draft pick if they are gay is a "designed question to see how they will react to the media".... :lol:

Kim-Jong-Un-LaughingClappings.gif

23 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

You can't be serious. 

Asking a potential draft pick if they are gay is a "designed question to see how they will react to the media".... :lol:

Kim-Jong-Un-LaughingClappings.gif

Yeah, I am serious, because in case you haven't noticed, we're in the social media age, and people don't care about your feelings on the Internet.

I like how you seem to have totally ignored the second part of my comment.

Like I said, if you're that bothered by that question, you need a reality check.