Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scott1988

Saints acquire Eli Apple

112 posts in this topic

Just now, SpongeDad said:

I think he's got potential..........more than what we've got at CB right now.

Potential to not suck that bad I guess. Tru and Alford were horrible last night. And Rocky was actually pretty good last year 

Just now, youngbloodz said:

Potential to not suck that bad I guess. Tru and Alford were horrible last night. And Rocky was actually pretty good last year 

Apple is not that bad. You can't take one game and allow that to define his career. He ain't a pro bowler but he's certainly not as bad as yall making it seem

Big_L likes this

5 minutes ago, Bossmare said:

The Saints 2019 draft class is taking shape:
1st round: DE Marcus Davenport trade
2nd round: Still own
3rd round: Teddy Bridgewater trade
4th round: Eli Apple trade
5th round: Still own
6th round: Still own + Jets' pick
7th round: Still own

This is a win this year move. The Saints think they have everything to win it all this year

Bossmare likes this

5 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

They’re rebuilding the Ohio state secondary? Guessing they’ll call Gruden and try to get Gareon Conley too. 

Sean Payton loves collecting Buckeyes 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Apple is not that bad. You can't take one game and allow that to define his career. He ain't a pro bowler but he's certainly not as bad as yall making it seem

I watch a lot of Giants games. He was benched last year cause of performance. He ain't good. He is average at best

jidady and ATLFalcons11 like this

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

Don't get me wrong, I love to **** on the Taints as much as other Falcons fans but I'm a fan of football in general too. I can swallow my homer pride and see things for what they are. I'd much rather have lattimore and Apple than Tru and Rocky. I lost ALL faith in Tru a couple of years back.

1 minute ago, Statick said:

Desperation to get Brees his last SB before he goes out.

That voodoo they're using is going to backfire on them again, unfortunately.

Brees is looking **** good this year. 

Iron Saint likes this

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

I watch a lot of Giants games. He was benched last year cause of performance. He ain't good. He is average at best

Average is tons better than bad and terrible which is something we cant come close to saying about the falcons corners.

Just now, SpongeDad said:

Don't get me wrong, I love to **** on the Taints as much as other Falcons fans but I'm a fan of football in general too. I can swallow my homer pride and see things for what they are. I'd much rather have lattimore and Apple than Tru and Rocky. I've lost ALL faith in Tru a couple of years ago.

Tru hasn't been the same since that injury. I would rather have Lattimore. Apple is no better than Tru or Rocky right now. If the saints got Jackrabbit I would say yeah that's a good one. But Apple? Heck no

16 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

I was just thinking that I would trade Trufant for Apple all day.

Apple's lucky to have a job in this league. The only people who hate him more than his teammates are his coaches. I get that people are frustrated with our secondary, but this is legit crazy talk.

1 minute ago, Statick said:

Brees looks good every year, but he won't be their downfall.

True. That defense will be imo. Cause Kamara and Thomas will give people fits all day long. And Brees will be great as usual 

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Average is tons better than bad and terrible which is something we cant come close to saying about the falcons corners.

Lol cant even argue that

ya_boi_j likes this

1 minute ago, SpongeDad said:

And for what it's worth, there was no way Apple would come to Atlanta because homophobic Marquand Manuel asked him if he was gay. 

Well there were rumors at Ohio State about him so...

2 minutes ago, jidady said:

Apple's lucky to have a job in this league. The one people who hate him more than his teammates are his coaches. I get that people are frustrated with our secondary, but this is legit crazy talk.

I admit I'm clueless in what's going on with the Giants locker room. What's going on with his teammates and coaches?

2 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Lol cant even argue that

The main thing I can assume Giants fans are happy about is that his mother wont be a burden anymore.

1 minute ago, SpongeDad said:

I admit I'm clueless in what's going on with the Giants locker room. What's going on with his teammates and coaches?

It's been an ongoing thing basically since he got drafted. The kid's mother is an awesome human being. But he's wildly immature. Ownership had to come out and say they weren't cutting him last year because the Giants fans were screaming for it so often. Landon Collins, his own teammate, called him a cancer, and he got benched multiple times for stupid play and lack of effort. He's a supremely talented player, but he has low levels of want-to. He likes the trappings of being a successful athlete a lot more than he likes trying to be the best version of himself.

Realistically, he's someone who needs the hardest coaching possible, and he just went to the worst organization I've ever seen for coaching defense.

SpongeDad likes this

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

The main thing I can assume Giants fans are happy about is that his mother wont be a burden anymore.

His mom was something else lol. She babied him too much after he got into the NFL. Had a couple yelling matches with some of the fans about him during games too