Can we ALL once AGREE?

9 minutes ago, since68andcounting said:

Well, I'm no cap expert. But it seems unloading a higher contract (Trufant) and keeping a lower one (Alford) would be a better cap move, idk.

It doesn't work that way. You can't just give someone a contact with a bunch of guaranteed money and then trade or cut all of that away. If we cut him, we'd be on the hook for $27.5m in dead cap over the next 2 years. If we trade him, it's $19m in dead cap.

In layman's terms the signing bonus money that whilst paid in a lump sum to Trufant, is prorated over the length of the contract. Any team that trades for him would not be liable to pick that up.

Alford on the other hand could be cut or traded this coming offseason with minimal cap implications as most of his guaranteed money within his contract has already been paid and accounted for in previous cap hits.

48 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

It doesn't work that way. You can't just give someone a contact with a bunch of guaranteed money and then trade or cut all of that away. If we cut him, we'd be on the hook for $27.5m in dead cap over the next 2 years. If we trade him, it's $19m in dead cap.

In layman's terms the signing bonus money that whilst paid in a lump sum to Trufant, is prorated over the length of the contract. Any team that trades for him would not be liable to pick that up.

Alford on the other hand could be cut or traded this coming offseason with minimal cap implications as most of his guaranteed money within his contract has already been paid and accounted for in previous cap hits.

We need more ppl who understand the Cap to post more and break things down, so we understand why the falcons do what they’re doing sometimes.

Makes things more reasonable and based in reality than a fantasy. 

1 hour ago, since68andcounting said:

Alford had a horrible game, but Trufant has had a horrible season. I'd rather trade Tru for Peterson than Rocky. More cap friendly as well.

cosigned, Trufant is a brilliant con artist been robbing us for 3 seasons now. Alford has his moments and is aggressive he is a decent #2.

I think people shouldn't be giving up on either of our corners.  I think some of the frustration has led to some exaggerated hate.  I remember someone started a thread ragging on Trufant after the Steelers game, and it turned out that the Steelers were 0 for 4 passing against him. I don't remember him giving up a catch at all last night either.  And trust me, I've been plenty critical of the guy in the past, but let's keep it somewhat real.

Alford had a bad game last night, no doubt, and honestly he's had a difficult month or so.  A month that included Michael Thomas, AJ Green, Antonio Brown, Mike Evans, Desean Jackson, and OBJ.

The Redskins top WR is Paul Richardson, and I think we'll all feel a little bit better about our corners after that game.

But yeah if we could trade for Peterson and talk him into playing Safety for the rest of the year, that would be pretty cool.

I wouldn't trade any of the mentioned either.

Much like all this trade Freeman talk.

Back your talent if I was the coaches and GM you picked them we are going through some injury some tough times right now but you picked developed and payed them now it seems time to back them not turn your back on them because of hardship.

Alford has had a terrible month and is struggling right now but as above I think he turns it around.

2 hours ago, MAD597 said:

No, we will just give up and the only reason we win is the team we are playing is even more pathetic then we are. Average and above teams will blow us out.

Saints and Carolina are both average to above average, and I missed them blowing us out.

I still think it will be a miracle if we win 6 this year, but enjoy the victory.