Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peyton

This Win is Soooo Beautiful

75 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

This was the type of game where the box score does not tell the whole story....we controlled this game..and it was a 2 score game with 40 seconds left.

Yup (backatcha!)

falconsd56 likes this

45 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I don't think anyone is saying we are. It's more like we have a fighter's chance now.  If we lost that game it was definitely over.

I agree a fighters chance. But we need a lot if things to start going our way, sunday was brutal

2 hours ago, Tandy said:

This was the best game of the year because it brought more than a win - it brought back H-O-P-E!

Go Falcons - Rise Up!

LMAO ATL sports best at creating hope and best at not delivering.

Just now, BLM said:

LMAO ATL sports best at creating hope and best at not delivering.

Best?   Nah - Buffalo - 4 consecutive SB appearances - talk about hope!   Have to win at least one of those, right?

I've been an Atlanta sports fan all of my life.   Even followed the now Calgary Flames at one time.   So, nothing I don't understand about ATL sports.

But, if there is no hope, there is no fun in the game.    Win, lose or draw, if you go in feeling hopeless, there is little to enjoy.   I sat through the SB and enjoyed every second of it until the last quarter - when the hope faded and then disappeared.   The drive home was long - but I wouldn't trade the experience.    I had a blast the week before - and most of the game.    My hopes were high - and the joy was real.

This year we are riddled with injuries.   The hope has been dashed by close games ending in loss.    The joy most felt at the beginning of the season has turned to frustration, aggravation and hopelessness for many - and the joy of the game has been sucked away.

This game doesn't mean they will win another game.   Certainly doesn't mean they will make the playoffs.    But - if it gives some fans back the joy of the game - it's good.

If there is no hope and no joy in the game left - then it might be time to divert your attention to those things which can bring you joy.

I've sat through 2 SB's of the Falcons and walked away from the stadium crying and hurt.   But, I have hope that one day, hopefully before I die, I can walk away crying and ecstatic.   That's hope - and it keeps me enjoying the game.

Liked what Neasmon brought to the run defense.. Foye as well.. Garland looked really well got our qb hit less which is always great.. Great swarm tackling until Richards got in then they started driving on us.. 

Peyton likes this

1 hour ago, IfTheBirdsCouldTalk said:

Liked what Neasmon brought to the run defense.. Foye as well.. Garland looked really well got our qb hit less which is always great.. Great swarm tackling until Richards got in then they started driving on us.. 

Neasman was the key to that 4th down stop too.  He immediately recognized the play and was all in Beckham's hip pocket, regardless of what the media will tell you.  He had him covered.

Drew4719 likes this

3 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

We beat the worst team in the NFL, our offense was avg vs a terrible D. Why should all of us think we are a playoff team after that? I love winning but this board gets insane with dillusions after even an UGLY win vs THE WORST TEAM IN THE NFL! We are not a playoff team, not even close. 

I don't think we're looking at that bad a team overall.  If not for a coin toss and a couple last minute plays, it's not crazy to realize just how close this team was to being 5-2 right now. 

The good news is, if the defense can continue to heal, and Deion comes back, with the way the NFC is shaping up, well,  until it's over...it's not over. 

1 hour ago, Tandy said:

Best?   Nah - Buffalo - 4 consecutive SB appearances - talk about hope!   Have to win at least one of those, right?

I've been an Atlanta sports fan all of my life.   Even followed the now Calgary Flames at one time.   So, nothing I don't understand about ATL sports.

But, if there is no hope, there is no fun in the game.    Win, lose or draw, if you go in feeling hopeless, there is little to enjoy.   I sat through the SB and enjoyed every second of it until the last quarter - when the hope faded and then disappeared.   The drive home was long - but I wouldn't trade the experience.    I had a blast the week before - and most of the game.    My hopes were high - and the joy was real.

This year we are riddled with injuries.   The hope has been dashed by close games ending in loss.    The joy most felt at the beginning of the season has turned to frustration, aggravation and hopelessness for many - and the joy of the game has been sucked away.

This game doesn't mean they will win another game.   Certainly doesn't mean they will make the playoffs.    But - if it gives some fans back the joy of the game - it's good.

If there is no hope and no joy in the game left - then it might be time to divert your attention to those things which can bring you joy.

I've sat through 2 SB's of the Falcons and walked away from the stadium crying and hurt.   But, I have hope that one day, hopefully before I die, I can walk away crying and ecstatic.   That's hope - and it keeps me enjoying the game.

Got that right. If you want to see hopeless, try sitting in the stands of a rundown AFCS back in the mid-late '80s watching Montana's 49ers or those Ram teams with Eric Dickerson walk onto the field literally laughing their a$$es off at what they were facing on the other sideline. I'll enjoy ANY Falcons victory no matter how mediocre some want to call it and continue to hold on to the hope that they'll one day win a world title until the league ceases operations or they leave town...  

Tandy and Andrews_31 like this

2 minutes ago, ratesforless said:

Got that right. If you want to see hopeless, try sitting in the stands of a rundown AFCS back in the mid-late '80s watching Montana's 49ers or those Ram teams with Eric Dickerson walk onto the field literally laughing their a$$es off at what they were facing on the other sideline. I'll enjoy ANY Falcons victory no matter how mediocre some want to call it and continue to hold on to the hope that they'll one day win a world title until the league ceases operations or they leave town...  

IIRC, every record that Rice broke, he did it in AFCS!  That was embarrassing!:(

ratesforless likes this

1 minute ago, Andrews_31 said:

IIRC, every record that Rice broke, he did it in AFCS!  That was embarrassing!:(

I was there for the Dimry game in 1990. What Jerry Rice did to that man that afternoon bordered on violating his 8th Amendment rights...

Andrews_31 likes this

13 minutes ago, ratesforless said:

I was there for the Dimry game in 1990. What Jerry Rice did to that man that afternoon bordered on violating his 8th Amendment rights...

That was UGLY!  

ratesforless likes this

5 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

This was the type of game where the box score does not tell the whole story....we controlled this game..and it was a 2 score game with 40 seconds left.

I agree. And as someone else said, if we had a less penalty ridden game, and had Julio not muffed that catch, then I suspect it would have sucked all the air out of the Giants and they would have folded. Instead we kept giving them hope of a turn around.

I would also remind everyone that the Giants knew this was the game. If they didnt win, their season is effectively over. They put a lot of heart into this game and it showed on the field. I think they played better than they have all year, but it just wasnt enough.

I do think our O-line got exposed a bit last night. They used the Steelers blue print of putting pressure on Ryan. We will see that again. Sark needs to open his bag of tricks and have some quick plays ready that negate some of those rushes.

Just now, FalconFan1st said:

I agree. And as someone else said, if we had a less penalty ridden game, and had Julio not muffed that catch, then I suspect it would have sucked all the air out of the Giants and they would have folded. Instead we kept giving them hope of a turn around.

I would also remind everyone that the Giants knew this was the game. If they didnt win, their season is effectively over. They put a lot of heart into this game and it showed on the field. I think they played better than they have all year, but it just wasnt enough.

I do think our O-line got exposed a bit last night. They used the Steelers blue print of putting pressure on Ryan. We will see that again. Sark needs to open his bag of tricks and have some quick plays ready that negate some of those rushes.

No doubt.....the fumble hurt and the  late game penalties hurt.....clean those 2 things up and it is a laugher.

They struggled a good bit in the first half but I thought that did a good job in the second half..Garland was much better than Fusco.

I noticed the Steelers similarities aswell...one thing that we did last night that we did not do a against Pittsburg was adjusted quicker.

Let's see if that continues

5 minutes ago, FalconFan1st said:

We should go no huddle hurry up  more.    We can control the package they have on the field.    Every time the best pass rusher leaves the field - go into no huddle and don't change personnel.   

2 hours ago, ratesforless said:

I not only sat there - but many times I sat there with my husband who was a 9er fan at the time.    I've been through those years - and a lot of the younger fans we have really don't know how bad it was for so many years.

ratesforless and falconidae like this

Big Congrats to the Falcons!...I still don't understand how JJ's catch was ruled a fumble-looked like he was down before the ball came out.

7 hours ago, dmite said:

On the same vein as stopping their 2 qb sneaks (and almost blowing up the 3rd down pass play), we got a tough 1 yard with our own qb sneak.

Indeed! Mattic Ice is a true friend of the Crown.

Dilly Dilly!

BCEagleATLFalcon and rounz like this

5 hours ago, Tandy said:

Your whole post was spot-on, and this in particular is so, so, SO true. To each their own as fans, but I can't imagine not being able to take joy out of every Falcons victory and to keep hope alive until we're mathematically out. I can't operate any other way. (In fact, I strongly believe sports mirrors life, and what I just wrote is EXACTLY how my grandma taught me to think about life. Gotta keep the joy and hope alive no matter what is thrown your way, or what's the point?)

It wasn't the prettiest of games, but when Julio recovered the onside kick and we were headed to 3-4 and a bye and Deion will be back in November and maybe the non-IR folks can heal up and we can take a moment to make some adjustments and gel and it's a weak NFC this year so a wildcard is still a possibility and who knows what might happen if you just sneak in ...

Yep. No fun without hope.

:D

falconidae and Tandy like this

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:38 AM, Jesus said:

Don't forget stopping Barkley on 3rd and goal. If you paid attention to the hype for most of the game you would think he was the love child of Earl Campbell, Eric Dickerson and Barry Sanders. Then you go back and look at his stats. He's having a great year but failed to get 50 yards rushing against the 3 NFC South teams he faced.

As for nicknames:

Italian Ice - not sure if you have it in the south but its a real thing.
Gelato Giorgio

Hey Look -

Italian Ice!

Well done!

16 hours ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Your whole post was spot-on, and this in particular is so, so, SO true. To each their own as fans, but I can't imagine not being able to take joy out of every Falcons victory and to keep hope alive until we're mathematically out. I can't operate any other way. (In fact, I strongly believe sports mirrors life, and what I just wrote is EXACTLY how my grandma taught me to think about life. Gotta keep the joy and hope alive no matter what is thrown your way, or what's the point?)

It wasn't the prettiest of games, but when Julio recovered the onside kick and we were headed to 3-4 and a bye and Deion will be back in November and maybe the non-IR folks can heal up and we can take a moment to make some adjustments and gel and it's a weak NFC this year so a wildcard is still a possibility and who knows what might happen if you just sneak in ...

Yep. No fun without hope.

:D

There are 8 three win teams in the NFC, including the falcons, fighting for the last wild card spot, if the falcons keep winning, they've got as good a shot as anybody.

BCEagleATLFalcon and slick0ne like this