Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peyton

This Win is Soooo Beautiful

75 posts in this topic

Yes, good win. They have two weeks to get healthier and to do a little self scouting.

DLine looked good, albeit against a poor OLine. Still think that Takk, Grady, Senat and Beasely will be a really good Dline come playoff time.

Wish that Ryan had hit Hoop just before the half, and/or that Hoop hadn't false  started on the  pass to Ito in the fourth quarter.

Defense did a great job on both Barkley and OBJ, aside from a couple of breakdowns on OBJ's big plays.

There's stuff to build on.

Win in two weeks, Falcons could actually be tied with 2-3 other teams for the 6th best record, the  last wild card spot. 

If this team goes from 1-4 to making the playoffs, that'll be an impressive feat.

ratesforless likes this

52 minutes ago, WornOutFalconFan said:

I enjoyed the game. Our offense under Sark looks good to me. The Julio fumble sucked but nobody's perfect. If the defense was healthy we would be scary.

Imo that play is what kept it from being a blow out...you had the feeling that we were going to score there.....the giants defense were on their heels

ratesforless and HolyMoses like this

14 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Agree with just about everything except Alford. He may have looked his worst last night but he hasn't exactly been worth even his rookie contract the past month.

It hasn't been the greatest month for sure.  It's been rough.  But here is the good thing.

In the last 5 games, the Falcons have had to face Michael Thomas, AJ Green, Antonio Brown, Mike Evans and Desean Jackson, and Odell Beckham Jr. 

That is an absurd murderer's row stretch, and in the next three games, the Falcons don't face anything like that......at all.

So maybe Alford can get some of his confidence back in this stretch.

17 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

His nickname is Lefty. Obviously. That’s what I was calling him all night. :lol:

Seriously though. Walking in off the street and nailing TWO 50+ FGs, one of which was 56 and in a super high pressure situation?

While Bosher is adjusting to an entirely new angle? 

Those FGs looked so odd with the left-footed angle but **** if they weren’t as money as Bryant’s.

Yes Bosher deserves some props for sure for handling the holds so flawlessly after doing it the other way all these years.  Fantastic work.

Kaptain Krazy likes this

1 hour ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Falcons could've won by 40 and the same bunch would still say the Giants just stink. No winning with that bunch.

We see what Grady means to that Dline.

Good post, nothing more to add.

We beat the worst team in the NFL, our offense was avg vs a terrible D. Why should all of us think we are a playoff team after that? I love winning but this board gets insane with dillusions after even an UGLY win vs THE WORST TEAM IN THE NFL! We are not a playoff team, not even close. 

Takk is very much a problem for other teams. 

He's been an absolute stud. If we can keep him and the rest of the DL reasonably healthy, we could see some improvement over the second half of the season. 

3 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

We beat the worst team in the NFL, our offense was avg vs a terrible D. Why should all of us think we are a playoff team after that? I love winning but this board gets insane with dillusions after even an UGLY win vs THE WORST TEAM IN THE NFL! We are not a playoff team, not even close. 

That's the spirit!!

HASHBROWN3 and Tiny Black Dog like this

1 minute ago, Peyton said:

That's the spirit!!

Very happy about the win, being real about what this team is doesnt make a win less satisfying. 

11 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Takk is very much a problem for other teams. 

He's been an absolute stud. If we can keep him and the rest of the DL reasonably healthy, we could see some improvement over the second half of the season. 

Yeah the entire defense line played well....I am Sure some chucklehead willI talk about  Vic....but he was right there on a couple of the sacks.

1 hour ago, WornOutFalconFan said:

I enjoyed the game. Our offense under Sark looks good to me. The Julio fumble sucked but nobody's perfect. If the defense was healthy we would be scary.

The thing that bothers me the most about that play is this:

Had he "fumbled" out of bounds without a recovery, and it was ruled incomplete as it initially was, does anyone think that if WE had challenged the pass as complete they would have overturned the incomplete call on the field?

There's no doubt in my mind that if Julio fumbled out of bounds without a recovery that call is NOT overturned as a completed catch.  Therefore, the review was a crap call...

21 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

We beat the worst team in the NFL, our offense was avg vs a terrible D. Why should all of us think we are a playoff team after that? I love winning but this board gets insane with dillusions after even an UGLY win vs THE WORST TEAM IN THE NFL! We are not a playoff team, not even close. 

I bet if we took a vote on this board to see if everyone preferred us “delusionals” over your constant negative harassment...

...well, you’d find yourself walking the streets mumbling to yourself.

I’ll take 100 of us being excited about a Monday night win vs your horrific, nonstop,  vomit-belching nonsense every day of the week.

What’s your problem anyways?

2 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I bet if we took a vote on this board to see if everyone preferred us “delusionals” over your constant negative harassment...

...well, you’d find yourself walking the streets mumbling to yourself.

I’ll take 100 of us being excited about a Monday night win vs your horrific, nonstop,  vomit-belching nonsense every day of the week.

What’s your problem anyways?

I speak the truth, I love the falcons, the injuries are just too much to overcome. Some of us have already realized that and think a lot of you are foolish. Sorry I dont agree with your opinion on the falcons. But i really dont care if any of you like me, like at all!

GREAT win!  The refs are some cheating *****, ****!  I saw our D line (Vic, of all people) getting mugged ALL NIGHT LONG (I think I saw one guy have Vic in a Cobra Hold (look it up, old wrasslin' move)), refs didn't do ****!!!

12 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

I speak the truth, I love the falcons, the injuries are just too much to overcome. Some of us have already realized that and think a lot of you are foolish. Sorry I dont agree with your opinion on the falcons. But i really dont care if any of you like me, like at all!

If Deion Jones was out for the year, I might tend to agree with you.  But the Falcons are in a bit of a soft spot on the schedule, at least in regards to the offenses they are playing against, and they have a good chance to get Deion back with a 5-4 record.

The other injuries can be overcome.

Drew4719 and Boise Falcon Fan like this

4 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

Nah bro, that’s not what I’m talking about man.  Everything I said is true.  If you love these falcons so much, then why don’t you try showing some love every now & then.

Showing just an ounce of joy in a victory would certainly be a good indicator of your affection for the team.... but NOOOOO,  we’ll continue to get your usual, miserable takes which are indicative of your true motives.

But please insult our intelligence more by coming back with more about how you just love the Falcons.  With Falcon lovers like you, who needs killjoy haters anyways!?

LOL, dude, you’re a real positive influence around here smfh. :rolleyes:

26 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Yeah the entire defense line played well....I am Sure some chucklehead willI talk about  Vic....but he was right there on a couple of the sacks.

Vic was also spying Barkley a lot last night.

2 hours ago, Peyton said:

I know there are fans bumming that the Falcons only beat the "horrible" Giants by a FG, but that is the nature of the NFL, and there was so much beauty in this win.

1.  At 2-5 this season would have felt over, even with a manageable 3 game stretch after the bye. The Falcons would have needed to sweep all 3 just to get to 5-5, but now they a real shot to get into the wild card race.

2. The Defensive Line has quietly gotten its health back.  Everybody played last night and everybody looked good.  Senat got banged up late last night, let's hope he's ready to go in two weeks.

3. The LBs are holding up better.  Riley is getting less snaps but is playing better when in.  Foye is improving.  Carter is contributing, actually got 20 snaps on D last night.  These guys might just be able to hold this together until Debo gets back.

4. Due to the factors mentioned in 3 and 4, the Falcons looked like they had a real NFL run defense last night.  Barkley had the 1 fifteen yard carry but was 13 carries for 28 yards besides that.  Averaged 5 yards a catch. He was really a non factor, shockingly.

5. The Fusco injury didn't look good, but maybe the one position where the Falcons have some unique depth is at OG.  I can't quantify how much of a drop off there is from Fusco / Levitre to Schweitzer / Garland, but we do know this.  The Falcons have won a road playoff game against a fierce Defensive line with the very offensive line they will put on the field at Washington (assuming Fusco is out).  They've been here before.  There is value in that.

6. So much fear about the health of the WRs last week, but everybody looks OK.  Now they have 13 days to get completely well. 

7. Matt Ryan is quietly having an MVP caliber season.  Since Matt threw his INT where his arm got hit against the Panthers, he is 151-201 (75%)  for 1919 yards (9.55 YPA) with 13 TDs and 0 INTS.  That computes to an absurd 126.03 passer rating over his last 5 and a half games. And just for good measure, two rushing TDs too.  He completed his last 18 passes last night, leaving him 4 consecutive completions of his own franchise record for consecutive completions.  We'll see if he can get that against the Redskins. 

8.  Maybe the Falcons have their kicker of the future.  How money was that!!!!!!!  In a season where even the great Justin Tucker is faltering, the Falcons call the dude in off the street and he ices the game with a 56 yarder right down the middle, after hitting another 50 yarder earlier.  Hats off to dude with the long name that I dare not try and type.  We need to give that guy a nickname, a short one.

9.  Alford was so bad last night.  He was trying but man he was just off.  But to have a corner get beat that bad and still hold on feels like a win for the Falcons.  I doubt we will ever see Alford that bad again.

10.  The Falcons brought everything they had all night last night.  If stopping the Giants on two consecutive QB sneaks from a foot away in the final minute doesn't illustrate that, I don't know what could.  Props to everyone.

Great win! Great Win!!  Great Win!!!

Very nice write-up.  

Peyton likes this

1 minute ago, Andrews_31 said:

GREAT win!  The refs are some cheating *****, ****!  I saw our D line (Vic, of all people) getting mugged ALL NIGHT LONG (I think I saw one guy have Vic in a Cobra Hold (look it up, old wrasslin' move)), refs didn't do ****!!!

I did see on one punt where the giants called a fair catch that the Giants player just blatantly shoved our gunner in the back right in front of the ref and the ref just didn't do anything.  It was weird.

Falconcheff likes this

Just now, Peyton said:

I did see on one punt where the giants called a fair catch that the Giants player just blatantly shoved our gunner in the back right in front of the ref and the ref just didn't do anything.  It was weird.

I think the Falcons get Katrina refs every game now!  I wonder how many owners lost a "money counting bet" with AB and paid off the refs for revenge?

39 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

Falcons just missed a couple of plays on offense that would have made for a much more comfortable win.

Actually, they're a game and a half out of the 6th playoff spot, win against Washington, they could be tied for 6th place in the conference. So, they're actually pretty close to a playoff spot. Not like any of the 3 win teams, our competition for that playoff spot, are juggernauts.

Stranger things have happened. If the falcons can get healthier, the rooks grow up fast, make just a few more plays on defense, it's certainly possible.

If you want to assume the worst to keep from being disappointed,fine, just don't act as if that's the only way to be a fan.

49 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

I don't think anyone is saying we are. It's more like we have a fighter's chance now.  If we lost that game it was definitely over.

HASHBROWN3 likes this

We would make just about any game interesting, but we even do that when healthy. :angry:

Our CB's make me really nervous. My hope was that them being the only healthy position on D, they would kind of be the glue holding things together until we could heal up a bit at DL and LB. They've been the weak link far too often.

I agree, a good win, but our corner play really needs to pick up.

Peyton likes this

25 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

I'll bet you're a lot of fun at parties...

HASHBROWN3 and falconsd56 like this