Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peyton

This Win is Soooo Beautiful

75 posts in this topic

Don't forget stopping Barkley on 3rd and goal. If you paid attention to the hype for most of the game you would think he was the love child of Earl Campbell, Eric Dickerson and Barry Sanders. Then you go back and look at his stats. He's having a great year but failed to get 50 yards rushing against the 3 NFC South teams he faced.

As for nicknames:

Italian Ice - not sure if you have it in the south but its a real thing.
Gelato Giorgio

4 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I know there are fans bumming that the Falcons only beat the "horrible" Giants by a FG, but that is the nature of the NFL, and there was so much beauty in this win.

Falcons could've won by 40 and the same bunch would still say the Giants just stink. No winning with that bunch.

We see what Grady means to that Dline.

Good post, nothing more to add.

Fusco injury happened right in front of my section, and it did not look good.  He was not able to put any weight on his leg.  I don't expect him back this season.

Agree with everything else the OP stated.  This was an AWESOME win!

Winning always makes me feel better. To be honest I thought our defense was doing pretty good. I was shocked to see Manning had 399 yards passing. I watched the whole game and it just didnt seem like NY moved the ball that much. But Oh well. I'll take it.

I wont be so hard on Alford. I wanted him gone years ago. But you know I changed my mind, He is going to have a game or two a year where he seems to play brain dead but all in all he does his job. I am concerned about Trufant though.

14 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I know there are fans bumming that the Falcons only beat the "horrible" Giants by a FG, but that is the nature of the NFL, and there was so much beauty in this win.

Great win! Great Win!!  Great Win!!!

Post of the week.

3 minutes ago, Skeetbird said:

Winning always makes me feel better. To be honest I thought our defense was doing pretty good. I was shocked to see Manning had 399 yards passing. I watched the whole game and it just didnt seem like NY moved the ball that much. But Oh well. I'll take it.

I wont be so hard on Alford. I wanted him gone years ago. But you know I changed my mind, He is going to have a game or two a year where he seems to play brain dead but all in all he does his job. I am concerned about Trufant though.

True, but there were some things in this game that made me feel better than last week.  Especially the goal line stand.  All the analyst are talking about how Beckham was open on 4th down, but he wasn't.  The Falcons picked up all their assignments beautifully on that play.

And that's just not something I could say about a lot of defensive plays this year.   

Spot on dude with everything you said.  A lot of positives came out of that game.  Props to DQ and Sark too, they called a great game.  The bomb to Julio before halftime I didn't expect at all, that gave us 3 pts. with the penalty.   Only disappointing thing to me was Alford.  He gets an obligatory penalty or two every single game.  Last night he was complete trash.  I find it hard to imagine that Oliver could be worse.  But it WAS a great win.  People want to trash the Giants but Ryan had to play won of the best games of his career to win.  He willed the team to win last night.  I love our QB.  

Tackling was key too, that's the best they've tackled all season!  That Kazee tackle on Barkley was a thing of beauty.  

Did the Falcons beat a bad last night? Yes. But to me any win in the NFL this year is a good one. There are 6 teams above 500 in the NFC. We now have consecutive wins going in to the bye. I am optimistic about where this team can go. We do need better play from DB's especially Trufant and Alford.

Glass half full no matter how much negativity is shown on the Boards 

J-Nice likes this

10 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Don't forget stopping Barkley on 3rd and goal. If you paid attention to the hype for most of the game you would think he was the love child of Earl Campbell, Eric Dickerson and Barry Sanders. Then you go back and look at his stats. He's having a great year but failed to get 50 yards rushing against the 3 NFC South teams he faced.

As for nicknames:

Gelato Giorgio

I think that play was all about film study, coaching, recognition and execution.  (OK, that is pretty much football but. . )  As soon as the Giants shifted, it seemed like the entire defense knew what was coming and loaded the area where the play went. 

16 minutes ago, abstract said:

I feel like the last two years we’ve been basically in the exact same position, about .500 and not quite meeting expectations.   Those teams grew, and this one will too.

That's why I was never in much doubt that they could turn it around under DQ. Fans in general have taken for granted that these Falcons have been remarkably resilient under DQ and have never really wilted under pressure. Yeah, there may have been some bad decisions, but it wasn't for lack of effort or determination. 2017 proved to me that it would take a whole lot to keep these Falcons down.

Godzilla1985 and ratesforless like this

18 minutes ago, Jesus said:

As for nicknames:

Gelato Giorgio

Tavecchio's 56-yard FG is the longest FG by a player in his first game with a new team in the last 40 seasons.

2 minutes ago, dmite said:

On the same vein as stopping their 2 qb sneaks (and almost blowing up the 3rd down pass play), we got a tough 1 yard with our own qb sneak.

When the Patriots have a 3rd and 1 they don't even huddle, the just run up to the line in a spread formation and the defense has to respect Brady, and why they are busy respecting him he powers ahead for the 1st down.  Looks like the Falcons are finally catching on to that concept.  Only took them a decade lol.

His nickname is Lefty. Obviously. That’s what I was calling him all night. :lol:

Seriously though. Walking in off the street and nailing TWO 50+ FGs, one of which was 56 and in a super high pressure situation?

While Bosher is adjusting to an entirely new angle? 

Those FGs looked so odd with the left-footed angle but **** if they weren’t as money as Bryant’s.

rounz, Peyton, falconidae and 3 others like this

59 minutes ago, Jesus said:

As for nicknames:

Gelato Giorgio

They actually literally called him Earl Campbell and Barry Sanders combined..... I mean the kid is indeed super impressive but come on... It was such a Giant's love fast on the broadcast it was ridiculous

Peyton, ratesforless, Jesus and 2 others like this

44 minutes ago, Statick said:

Tavecchio's 56-yard FG is the longest FG by a player in his first game with a new team in the last 40 seasons.

And it still had some distance to go it too...**** of a kick!