Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slewis1952

Awful, awful Alford

57 posts in this topic

It's hard to know if these guys are playing through an injury that limits their ability.  Alford is better than what he's shown the past couple of weeks. 

As much as people applauded Falcons getting Isiah Oliver in the 2nd round, he's a bigger liability than Alford or Trufant.  Falcons may need to cut Tru in 2019 and use that money to pick up a good FA cornerback. He's not worth an elite CB money.      

On 10/24/2018 at 5:24 AM, atljbo said:

I've been waiting for someone to post this.    Yall killed Tru for having a couple of rough games..m. Alford has been roasted the las 4 or 5 games.

Just a rough year

It's all about the cash JBO that's why people talk that get rid of Tru rubbish.

If your comparing the 2 as to whose playing worse it's not even a comparison.Its Alford by a country mile he's given up more big plays in the last 6 games than he probably has his whole career with the Falcons.

PIs bad tackling terrible technique out the window he's been made to look like a rookie who has zero idea.Its painful too watch.Anytime that ball is thrown his way Im waiting for the big play or penalty,right now that's what's happening when teams are attacking Alford.

Tough year is how you described it is exactly right.

Vandy likes this

On 10/23/2018 at 6:27 AM, slewis1952 said:

I cannot fathom why Alford is playing in this league. I saw #23 chasing receivers all night long. He is terrible. I saw one play where the Giant's receiver was in our secondary with two or three Falcons trying to tackle him and Alford stopped and stood there watching. I know there are injuries. Watch a player like Kazee and then watch Alford. There is no comparison. 

From Atlanta All Day:  Cornerback Robert Alford was beaten like a drum in this game. He was a part of the coverage for an unheard of three plays of 50 yards or more. Two of which he was toasted, despite being called for holding on the play. He was also beaten on the Giants lone touchdown pass.

Fundamental football!!!! Last year Alford was awesome and Campbell was very good  . Now that we don’t have a true pass rush and the whole secondary has to keep their heads back helping out the lbs of course they’re gonna slip! Why no one understands this is beyond me.

1 minute ago, The Daywalker said:

Fundamental football!!!! Last year Alford was awesome and Campbell was very good  . Now that we don’t have a true pass rush and the whole secondary has to keep their heads back helping out the lbs of course they’re gonna slip! Why no one understands this is beyond me.

But that's the thing the rush was getting home yesterday more so than anytime this season.

To me Alford is severely lacking in confidence there's just not one part of his game right now that is working for him he's on a slippery slope and is struggling to arrest the slide.

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

If your comparing the 2 as to whose playing worse it's not even a comparison.Its Alford by a country mile he's given up more big plays in the last 6 games than he probably has his whole career with the Falcons.

PIs bad tackling terrible technique out the window he's been made to look like a rookie who has zero idea.Its painful too watch.Anytime that ball is thrown his way Im waiting for the big play or penalty,right now that's what's happening when teams are attacking Alford.

no i get it... Both are getting paid alot.... Tru is making ike 5 more mil a season tho... I get it bro...  I just dont like when a guy struggle... This board goes crazy... Then that guy start playing good and a fan fav start struggling and you hear nothing.

But i get it ... IDK whats going on... To be our coverage ability was our strength... IDK with Dion Jones and Neal gone are we asking our guys to do something different but the outside CBs has been a strength... Its not now.... The one thing both did is played with instincts... They are not high int guys but they would break on balls ... It seems like our WHOLE D except Kazee is playing very very Reactionary. They are not attacking anything.... They are letting the play happen then reacting.

Dirtybird56 and kiwifalcon like this

13 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Same here. I got my own little office now and don't really do as much as I used to so I'm here daily. that's not necessarily a good thing though

Nice bro , hey man we love this team that’s why we all here !

17 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Hey, at least it’s stopped those awful ‘Alford > Trufant’ threads we saw all last year. 

kiwifalcon likes this