Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slewis1952

Awful, awful Alford

57 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, 7979 said:

ALL D  backfields are products of the front 7's.

Very few Deions, Woodsons and Champs around.

Front 7 can't get to the QB's, DB's struggle.  Front 7 gets to QB, throws come out quick and off target......DB's look good

It's been that way since the beginning of football.

This.

Which is why so many of us have been clamoring for a great front 7 for quite some time. Too bad Beasley and Duke have not worked out.

7979 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

You don't get rid of good players

Ehh, he's decent in the slot but I don't see Poole as anything to brag about. And his tackling generally cause more damage than good. Late hits, missed hits, or angles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, 7979 said:

ALL D  backfields are products of the front 7's.

Very few Deions, Woodsons and Champs around.

Front 7 can't get to the QB's, DB's struggle.  Front 7 gets to QB, throws come out quick and off target......DB's look good

It's been that way since the beginning of football.

What was the excuse last night because the line did their part for the most

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Alford was really really bad. Got beat all night long with a bunch of holding penalties to boot! Last season he looked like a pro bowler, this year not so much.

good thing Jarrett came back and played great along w Crawford and Takk, or it would have been worse and likely a L.

Grady, Crawford and Takk were awesome. I gave Alford a grade of GTFOH and don't come back until you've got your **** together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

You don't get rid of good players

Poole can't make a play on a ball and lacks speed and height. His best quality was tackling and that has vastly declined this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

Looks like cb is a need going to next year..i hope we get the corners that quinn really wants..it started with jalen and oliver.our secondary is awful right..you would think with the loses alf and tru would step it up smh.

We just took a CB in the 2nd and we have more pressing issues than corner with our early picks, no doubt we need some depth though.

 

1 hour ago, osiruz said:

This.

Which is why so many of us have been clamoring for a great front 7 for quite some time. Too bad Beasley and Luke have not worked out.

Luke?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, osiruz said:

He can't play in the slot.

He wasn’t in the slot. And watch the Super Bowl. He played incredibly well in the slot, actually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Yea bruh Alford went from playing lights out the first 3 weeks to WTF the last 3.....something wrong w him

Missing the General #37.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always liked Alf, he’s having a down season, but two things have always bugged me about him, when he starts getting beat he starts to get a pouty attitude, gets even more handsy and then throws his hands up for a flag in the middle of the play, not even worry about tackling the receiver, when the penalty is also clearly on him

the second is run support in general he and Tru have always been so wishy-washy with getting their noses dirty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been waiting for someone to post this.    Yall killed Tru for having a couple of rough games..m. Alford has been roasted the las 4 or 5 games.

 

Just a rough year

kiwifalcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, slewis1952 said:

I cannot fathom why Alford is playing in this league. I saw #23 chasing receivers all night long. He is terrible. I saw one play where the Giant's receiver was in our secondary with two or three Falcons trying to tackle him and Alford stopped and stood there watching. I know there are injuries. Watch a player like Kazee and then watch Alford. There is no comparison. 

From Atlanta All Day:  Cornerback Robert Alford was beaten like a drum in this game. He was a part of the coverage for an unheard of three plays of 50 yards or more. Two of which he was toasted, despite being called for holding on the play. He was also beaten on the Giants lone touchdown pass.


I hate to criticize my Falcons, especially after a WIN --- but I will say this about your post --- I think Alford is good enough to play in this league, BUT, I agree, he hasn't played very well lately, that's for sure! 
And last night he was hot garbage!  Trufant wasn't much better!  But we have to remember, they were defending two of the premiere receivers in the NFL, in Beckham and Barkley.  I just hope they can get their act together and play as well as they have in the past!  I think when Deion Jones comes back, it will help their game, substantially --- at least I hope so...  

GREAT WIN!!!  GO, DIRTY BIRDS!!!!!!!  


 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s hilarious when he gets toasted and the receiver drops the ball and then he acts like he had something to do with it by waving his hands incomplete when he was clearly beat .

Dude you stink , always hated his game and he holds like no other I have ever seen . Smh!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FalconJim said:


I hate to criticize my Falcons, especially after a WIN --- but I will say this about your post --- I think Alford is good enough to play in this league, BUT, I agree, he hasn't played very well lately, that's for sure! 
And last night he was hot garbage!  Trufant wasn't much better!  But we have to remember, they were defending two of the premiere receivers in the NFL, in Beckham and Barkley.  I just hope they can get their act together and play as well as they have in the past!  I think when Deion Jones comes back, it will help their game, substantially --- at least I hope so...  

GREAT WIN!!!  GO, DIRTY BIRDS!!!!!!!  


 Barkley is not one of the premier receivers in the NFL.


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, slewis1952 said:

I cannot fathom why Alford is playing in this league. I saw #23 chasing receivers all night long. He is terrible. I saw one play where the Giant's receiver was in our secondary with two or three Falcons trying to tackle him and Alford stopped and stood there watching. I know there are injuries. Watch a player like Kazee and then watch Alford. There is no comparison. 

From Atlanta All Day:  Cornerback Robert Alford was beaten like a drum in this game. He was a part of the coverage for an unheard of three plays of 50 yards or more. Two of which he was toasted, despite being called for holding on the play. He was also beaten on the Giants lone touchdown pass.

He got beat twice on plays where he held a guy, other play was like 30 yard completion

Edited by TRUju2111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, NateDogg1215 said:

It’s hilarious when he gets toasted and the receiver drops the ball and then he acts like he had something to do with it by waving his hands incomplete when he was clearly beat .

Dude you stink , always hated his game and he holds like no other I have ever seen . Smh!!!!!!

And you used to get in my *** years ago when I was bashing him lol. Welcome to the club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

I think having Debo back alone getting everyone lined up will help

Yeah, Debo coming back will be big, but Alford's Right-hand man is Rico. He's more comfortable. Kazee makes big plays, and Richards is on the active roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Peyton said:

I love Robert Alford's game but last night was his worst night ever.  He was close on some plays but....it was just bad.  Everybody has some bad games here and there and that was one for him.  I think he'll bounce back.

Agreed.  I think some are overreacting a bit here.  He's much better than he showed last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What concerns me is the defensive holding.  Tru and Rocky need to trust their technique and athleticism.  They both seem to get out of position and panic by grabbing!  Hopefully when they watch film they can see this.  Also if you are going to play press man you have to actually put your hands up to disrupt the route and timing!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

And you used to get in my *** years ago when I was bashing him lol. Welcome to the club

Lol don’t remember !  How ya been man . I haven’t been on as much . Crazy working and kids but I try when I can 

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NateDogg1215 said:

Lol don’t remember !  How ya been man . I haven’t been on as much . Crazy working and kids but I try when I can 

Same here. I got my own little office now and don't really do as much as I used to so I'm here daily. that's not necessarily a good thing though

NateDogg1215 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0