Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slewis1952

Awful, awful Alford

57 posts in this topic

I cannot fathom why Alford is playing in this league. I saw #23 chasing receivers all night long. He is terrible. I saw one play where the Giant's receiver was in our secondary with two or three Falcons trying to tackle him and Alford stopped and stood there watching. I know there are injuries. Watch a player like Kazee and then watch Alford. There is no comparison. 

From Atlanta All Day:  Cornerback Robert Alford was beaten like a drum in this game. He was a part of the coverage for an unheard of three plays of 50 yards or more. Two of which he was toasted, despite being called for holding on the play. He was also beaten on the Giants lone touchdown pass.

Edited by slewis1952

The secondary as a whole is playing bad. Kazee is a bright spot but even he has his moments. Alford and Trufant have definitely been embarrassed by elite WR's. The bad holding calls don't make things any better. Some legit, some BS but can't control that. Front 7 actually surprised last night for the bulk of the game. Was fully expecting Barkley to have a career night rushing

Alford was really really bad. Got beat all night long with a bunch of holding penalties to boot! Last season he looked like a pro bowler, this year not so much.

good thing Jarrett came back and played great along w Crawford and Takk, or it would have been worse and likely a L.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

The secondary as a whole is playing bad. Kazee is a bright spot but even he has his moments. Alford and Trufant have definitely been embarrassed by elite WR's. The bad holding calls don't make things any better. Some legit, some BS but can't control that. Front 7 actually surprised last night for the bulk of the game. Was fully expecting Barkley to have a career night rushing

Yea bruh Alford went from playing lights out the first 3 weeks to WTF the last 3.....something wrong w him

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Poole, kazee, Campbell are the only ones I would really want out of our secondary.  (Minus jones and neal, obviously). 

If we could get a true decent corner in each side, falcons defense would be top 5 (minus injuries). And we would stop playing zone so much.  

20 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Poole, kazee, Campbell are the only ones I would really want out of our secondary.  (Minus jones and neal, obviously). 

If we could get a true decent corner in each side, falcons defense would be top 5 (minus injuries). And we would stop playing zone so much.  

Poole and Campbell are not that good. Poole is atrocious and Campbell is ok. 

If I'm not mistaken, OBJ has abused Alford every time they've went against each other.  Notice how they kept going after Alford? That was by design.

Both Alford and Tru blatantly  hold receivers. Poole has specialized  skills he's not very fast and he's not great in coverage but He is physical and goes hard and is better then some give him credit for. I think that is why the Staff was so high on Rico he was like the Assistant D C on the field. Kazee is giving his all but Richard's needs help and if we want to make a run in our tough Division we need to look around the league and see what's there.

Oh I forgot DQ says "We are good like we are."

I wanna say that Alford and False ( how can you call him tru) have been getting beat late because of lack of pass rush, but no, they are getting beat at the snap...:(

59 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Poole and Campbell are not that good. Poole is atrocious and Campbell is ok. 

No,  that are not amazing. But they are good and that's something you want to keep.  

ALL D  backfields are products of the front 7's.

Very few Deions, Woodsons and Champs around.

Front 7 can't get to the QB's, DB's struggle.  Front 7 gets to QB, throws come out quick and off target......DB's look good

It's been that way since the beginning of football.

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Looks like cb is a need going to next year..i hope we get the corners that quinn really wants..it started with jalen and oliver.our secondary is awful right..you would think with the loses alf and tru would step it up smh.

ya_boi_j likes this

2 hours ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Man toss Poole too, his decision making isn't there. He's hit his ceiling to me

Lol, weeks ago he was the hero, tru is garbage blah blah. Corners run hot and cold man, easiest to see get beat and cover the best athletes on the field. Just the way it is, in this nfl as a corner the deck is definitely stacked against you.

Giants run option routes as well.

Campbell is my guy but he was beaten in all phases last night. He was bad.

Edited by red falcon