Week 9 Upsets

Carter

Should be a fun week in college football...

Thursday
Baylor at #13 West Virginia
#25 App State at Georgia Southern

Friday
#23 Utah at UCLA

Saturday
#2 Clemson at Florida State
#20 Wisconsin at Northwestern
#9 Florida vs #7 Georgia (in Jacksonville)
Kansas State at #8 Oklahoma
#18 Iowa at #17 Penn State
#21 South Florida at Houston
#12 Kentucky at Missouri
#15 Washington at California
#14 Washington State at #24 Stanford
#16 Texas A&M at Mississippi State
#22 NC State at Syracuse
Tennessee at South Carolina
#3 Notre Dame vs Navy (in San Diego)
#6 Texas at Oklahoma State
#19 Oregon at Arizona

Missouri and Houston are betting favorites in their games believe it or not. I'm honestly not quite sure how South Florida is undefeated. You talk about a team that has played with fire all year...

A&M and Wazzu are both underdogs by Vegas standards as well, and I think both have a shot to win.

An under the radar game that you may not think of is Clemson vs. Florida State. Road game against a rival that has talent. Will be interesting to see how Lawrence responds to a road ACC game. Unfortunately I think FSU's OL is going to cost them like it has in so many games already. But keep an eye on that one. 

35 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Missouri and Houston are betting favorites in their games believe it or not. I'm honestly not quite sure how South Florida is undefeated. You talk about a team that has played with fire all year...

A&M and Wazzu are both underdogs by Vegas standards as well, and I think both have a shot to win.

An under the radar game that you may not think of is Clemson vs. Florida State. Road game against a rival that has talent. Will be interesting to see how Lawrence responds to a road ACC game. Unfortunately I think FSU's OL is going to cost them like it has in so many games already. But keep an eye on that one. 

I don’t see any way that FSU offensive line matches up with Clemson’s d line. One is bad, the other is elite. Gonna be a real bad day for FSU’s offense imo... but it will be interesting to see how Lawrence plays against that secondary. Rivalry games can be crazy but I’ll be very surprised if that one is close. FSU just isn’t a good team. 

5 hours ago, Carter said:

I don’t see any way that FSU offensive line matches up with Clemson’s d line. One is bad, the other is elite. Gonna be a real bad day for FSU’s offense imo... but it will be interesting to see how Lawrence plays against that secondary. Rivalry games can be crazy but I’ll be very surprised if that one is close. FSU just isn’t a good team. 

I ultimately think that matchup is going to make it very hard on FSU, but Clemson has played with fire a few times this year (A&M, Syracuse). Now maybe the bye week has completely fixed them, but who knows. Clemson has had a stinker the past 2 years (Pitt and Syracuse), so I wouldn't be shocked to see another

16 hours ago, tl;dr said:

I ultimately think that matchup is going to make it very hard on FSU, but Clemson has played with fire a few times this year (A&M, Syracuse). Now maybe the bye week has completely fixed them, but who knows. Clemson has had a stinker the past 2 years (Pitt and Syracuse), so I wouldn't be shocked to see another

I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see them lose one, but FSU seems ill prepared from a pure matchup standpoint to be that team. Syracuse challenged them due to down field play by the receivers and a gutsy QB. Plus, they kind of already did have 2 "meh" games in A&M/Syracuse... A&M however has elite run defense this year (it's really good) which put a lot on their muddy QB situation at the beginning of the season. Syracuse went awry when their youngster QB went down and they didn't have a quality backup. They still eked it out, but obviously wasn't pretty. If TL stays healthy, I'd be surprised to see them struggle offensively like that again. Someone's gonna have to boatrace them to some degree I think... 40-30something game maybe.

Just now, mike teevee said:

I didn’t see defensive PI on that last drive. Offensive PI if anything. 

UK with the win. Next week will be rockin’

Yeah. They were both fighting and the WR was trying to work back thru the DB yet the ball was over thrown. 

Ref should've kept that in his pocket.

On 10/23/2018 at 2:44 AM, Carter said:

I'm gonna go ahead and pick some...

Mizzou beats Kentucky
Houston beats South Florida
Syracuse beats NC State
Oklahoma State beats Texas

Pulling for Georgia Southern to beat App State but.......

Almost perfect on these. Mizzou got robbed. Very happy Ga Southern got it done vs App State.

Kentucky is about to be reminded who they are next week.