Can we be realistic about what is really going on?

TRUju2111

Yes we beat a very very bad team tonight, and we beat a very bad team last week. But we barealy beat them.

Oline is so bad, defense is bad..played well tonight vs a bad offense but then showed who we are late!

Offense just cant take over a games, they love shoot outs but fail to show up big against bad defenses in low scoring afairs.

We squeeked by again but this game left a lot to be desired!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TRUju2111 said:

Yes we beat a very very bad team tonight, and we beat a very bad team last week. But we barealy beat them.

Oline is so bad, defense is bad..played well tonight vs a bad offense but then showed who we are late!

Offense just cant take over a games, they love shoot outs but fail to show up big against bad defenses in low scoring afairs.

We squeeked by again but this game left a lot to be desired!

This is what bothers me.  As much as people like stats and close wins, we don't look like contenders.

All the belly-aching.  Guys this is who we are this year.  Wounded and barely hanging on and I expect this to be the case the rest of the season.   Each week will be nail-biters and we will win just enough that we spend the rest of the season on the playoff bubble just because that's just the right amount of torture for Falcons fans.  :lol:

I couldn't watch the game last night and just checked the box scores and I don't get why people are so negative.  Looks like the Falcons were up 2 scores in the 4th and the Giants score towards the end to make the score look close.  Falcons ends the game with the ball.  Granted it probably was a bit more dramatic than it needed to be the final few mins but this is the NFL and most games are very close. 

23 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Complains about close wins while refusing to acknowledge that we lost 3 games on the final play of the game. We could just as easily be a one loss team....

This is a very true point. Aside from the defense looking absolutel putrid during the losing streak, NO and Cincy had no answer for us and were fortunate to win those games. Philly, we were inches from victory.

If anything I’m disappointed that we refuse to put teams away. That’s our weakness this year. Even tonight. A 57 yard field goal saved our bacon when we shot ourselves in the foot with penalties.

We have to fix that problem. But to say we are a bad team when we were in position to win every game except 1 so far is a glass half empty outlook 

2 minutes ago, LightningDawg58 said:

This is a very true point. Aside from the defense looking absolutel putrid during the losing streak, NO and Cincy had no answer for us and were fortunate to win those games. Philly, we were inches from victory.

If anything I’m disappointed that we refuse to put teams away. That’s our weakness this year. Even tonight. A 57 yard field goal saved our bacon when we shot ourselves in the foot with penalties.

We have to fix that problem. But to say we are a bad team when we were in position to win every game except 1 so far is a glass half empty outlook 

Agreed. That plus we went into that soft-*** zone D again letting opponent race down field and score late TD...again. 

8 hours ago, Vandy said:

Agreed. That plus we went into that soft-*** zone D again letting opponent race down field and score late TD...again. 

Actually that Shepard catch that set up their TD was because they WEREN'T playing "soft *** zone". It was the exact defense everyone whined for and it let a play get behind them. Trufant was on Beckham and Alford was on Shepard straight up. Two linebackers were on the other two eligible receivers on the line and poor #41 got sucked into "Saquon Watch" because that entire side of the field was cleared out. Barkley stayed in to block and Sterling was having a nice casual morning jog down the sidelines with the defense scrambling to recover. The play looked designed to overload things to the Beckham side of the field. 

I'd feel a lot better if the game finished 20-6, which was looking likely at one stage. It's crazy that we picked up a couple of first downs late on and still NYG had a chance to get back in it. Ultimately, it's a win so I'll take it. The way things are, we have to take them any way we can get them.