Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jpg428gggg

Hoopers false start at the end of game...

43 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, rudy said:

And during the post game interview on 92.9 Ryan praised his line  :)

That’s all PC talk. He was mic’d and ESPN caught him yelling at the line quite a bit, not to mention a few f bombs they tried their best to cut from the audio. Dude takes no sht for sure.

Drew4719, Vandy and Jpg428gggg like this

Editing the "Mic'd Up" stuff to be played during the game has to be one of the most difficult jobs during the games. There was one segment where they showed two clips and Matt said literally no words. Getting around F-bombs for TV has to be maddening.

1989Fan likes this

8 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

That's true, but we will not stop with those sorts of errors. I love our team and I respect what this staff has done, but I have given up hope that we won't continually make a bone-headed mental mistake in the most crucial of situations.

We play stupid. We have always played stupid in the past.. we played stupid this game.. we will play stupid next week. 

Our only hope is that our athleticism and talent outweigh our mental errors.

Sorry... it's a fact. We aren't getting any awards from MENSA.

It certainly doesn’t have to stay this way. 

DQ must try to stem this problem & let it be known that these mental lapses are unacceptable.  Maybe he should consult with someone like Belichick & learn how he handles it.  

16 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

DQ must try to stem this problem & let it be known that these mental lapses are unacceptable.  Maybe he should consult with someone like Belichick & learn how he handles it.  

As much as what you say is true, I have just come to expect it out of us and I will continue to expect it until proven otherwise.

HASHBROWN3 likes this

8 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Spot on man I thought Sark called a great 2nd half and not for the penalties our 4 min offense probably closes out that game and we win by 2 scores.

Jesus we love making these games hard on ourselves.

Dan Quinn and co's playcalling to finish the halves last 2 weeks has been really important in these close Ws aswell.

These numbskull penalties always seem to come at crucial junctures in a game.  

Our Oline needs to step up & heighten their concentration during these critical junctures.

kiwifalcon likes this

9 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

73; Schraeder, was called after Hooper did the mistake in question the OP is referring to.

2 false starts in 3 plays by 2 different players. Thankfully our K made it and it was enough to salvage a poor ending to a good game by our D.

One of those, not sure which one, is hard to blame anyone. Matt saw something so late in his cadence that the when he tried to make a change, his OL fired off. This happened to me before...long time ago!! I was so far in my cadence, my next word shoulda been “go”, calling for the snap. But i noticed a misaligned player and when I tried to get him in position, my line heard my voice and fired off. Center didn’t snap cuz he knew I wasn’t ready, but the other 4 were ready to go!! 

Not sure if the case, but it’s what it looked like to me. 

Jpg428gggg likes this

2 minutes ago, Bquinn_11 said:

One of those, not sure which one, is hard to blame anyone. Matt saw something so late in his cadence that the when he tried to make a change, his OL fired off. This happened to me before...long time ago!! I was so far in my cadence, my next word shoulda been “go”, calling for the snap. But i noticed a misaligned player and when I tried to get him in position, my line heard my voice and fired off. Center didn’t snap cuz he knew I wasn’t ready, but the other 4 were ready to go!! 

Not sure if the case, but it’s what it looked like to me. 

Yeah, I saw that as well. On that one, our entire right side of our line moved. Matt didn't seem as peeved about that one.

8 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Spot on man I thought Sark called a great 2nd half and not for the penalties our 4 min offense probably closes out that game and we win by 2 scores.

Jesus we love making these games hard on ourselves.

Dan Quinn and co's playcalling to finish the halves last 2 weeks has been really important in these close Ws aswell.

Yeah, I thought the coaches did a fairly good job of keeping Barkley bottled up as much as possible. In order to do that, you needed Trufant and Alford to try to keep Shepard/Beckham in check. You knew Beckham would get his yards, but the disappointing part for me was how Shepard destroyed Alford. Shepard is a good player, but Alford has to do better. On the long pass at the end of the game, I have no idea why Alford was playing so close to the line of scrimmage. I have to imagine that the defensive coaching staff gives the cornerbacks some leeway on those type of plays.

kiwifalcon likes this

1 hour ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Heck, he could go to Mike Smith for that. 

HASHBROWN3 likes this

4 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

That’s all PC talk. He was Mikes and ESPN caught him yelling at the line quite a bit, not to mention a few f bombs they tried their best to cut from the audio. Dude takes no sht for sure.

Yeah, I saw one time where he was livid on the side line after the fact when looking at the previous play on the tablet. Knowing Matt, he was probably mad at himself and the line. I just can’t imagine the damage this offense could do with our skill players if we could run the call and give better protection. In reality, we just need to be able to run the ball decently to keep defenses honest. Having a decent run game, makes your pass protection so much better.

10 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Am I the only one that didn't see the false starts actually happen? Normally I'm spot on when a guy moves early but I saw 3 false starts get called against the Falcons and I didn't see it happen and ESPN never showed a replay. The last one on Schraeder I was celebrating Matt getting the Giants to jump and then they announced the penalty and I about lost it.

Hooper one was legit.. he was moving forward at the snap of the ball

12 hours ago, Jesus said:

Hooper did make an incredible catch earlier in the game.

I agree. Hooper is an integral part of our offense. Still those are the type of plays that are the difference between winning and losing. There is no reason he should be false starting there. We are playing at home with no noise and the play isn’t even going his way.

5 hours ago, Jpg428gggg said:

Yeah, I thought the coaches did a fairly good job of keeping Barkley bottled up as much as possible. In order to do that, you needed Trufant and Alford to try to keep Shepard/Beckham in check. You knew Beckham would get his yards, but the disappointing part for me was how Shepard destroyed Alford. Shepard is a good player, but Alford has to do better. On the long pass at the end of the game, I have no idea why Alford was playing so close to the line of scrimmage. I have to imagine that the defensive coaching staff gives the cornerbacks some leeway on those type of plays.

^^^^^^^^^^^ agreed.

I look for lmprovements each week.

The last 2 weeks Crawford has been making some plays and with Jarrett back and the ever improving Senat I'm kinda good with how the interior is playing.

Corners I need to go back and have another look I saw Tru get lost in the wash with pick plays they used to spring OBJ but for the most part I believe he has to change it up more at the PoA.I think he gives to much away within the first 5 yards.

Alford right now is a mess his tackling is down his coverage is all over the shop he's getting beat like a drum and the PIs are back aswell.Confidence and technique are really down with Alford.What I look to next week is small improvement like everywhere else if he can remedy 2 areas of concern and can stop the slide I think this really helps his confidence as of now he's the guy that's struggling the most.