Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jpg428gggg

Hoopers false start at the end of game...

43 posts in this topic

They were using Ito on that snap exactly how I was hoping the6 would. 

That was a short pass that was going for a long explosive TD.

24 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

It looked like we had the perfect play call there. Looked like some misdirection with Ito leaking out matched up on a lineman in space. Probably why Ryan dropped a couple f bombs.

That's why Matt was so pissed. Smith would have scored

RiseUpFalcs likes this

5 minutes ago, rudy said:

I thought they called it on #73 

Agree. I think that was Shrader. Earlier Matt could be heard yelling at Hoop. He said “Come on Hoop”. 

The play the OP is describing is on Ryan. 

5 minutes ago, RiseUpFalcs said:

Agree. I think that was Shrader. Earlier Matt could be heard yelling at Hoop. He said “Come on Hoop”. 

The play the OP is describing is on Ryan. 

And during the post game interview on 92.9 Ryan praised his line  :)

43 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Ito would still be running & MR lit Hooper up for that bonehead move!  He was pizzed off like we were & Hoop deserves it.  We need to stop with these mental errors bigtime!

That's true, but we will not stop with those sorts of errors. I love our team and I respect what this staff has done, but I have given up hope that we won't continually make a bone-headed mental mistake in the most crucial of situations.

We play stupid. We have always played stupid in the past.. we played stupid this game.. we will play stupid next week. 

Our only hope is that our athleticism and talent outweigh our mental errors.

Sorry... it's a fact. We aren't getting any awards from MENSA.

rogueleadersf likes this

Just now, Sportsman2593 said:

Which is ironic, since, thanks to his line, he isn’t standing up so much of the time. 

Well done!

1 hour ago, Jpg428gggg said:

It looked like we had the perfect play call there. Looked like some misdirection with Ito leaking out matched up on a lineman in space. Probably why Ryan dropped a couple f bombs.

Spot on man I thought Sark called a great 2nd half and not for the penalties our 4 min offense probably closes out that game and we win by 2 scores.

59 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Ito would still be running & MR lit Hooper up for that bonehead move!  He was pizzed off like we were & Hoop deserves it.  We need to stop with these mental errors bigtime!

Jesus we love making these games hard on ourselves.

Dan Quinn and co's playcalling to finish the halves last 2 weeks has been really important in these close Ws aswell.

Jpg428gggg and HASHBROWN3 like this

25 minutes ago, rudy said:

And during the post game interview on 92.9 Ryan praised his line  :)

He said the same after 4 sack and 12 hit game. Just the usual BS.

rudy likes this

1 hour ago, Jpg428gggg said:

That was a touch down!

2 boneheaded penalties; stopped the clock fee of charge (to say nothing of the missed points / chance to ice the game). 

After that false start you could hear Matt yell.

“What are you doing?!”

”Are you Fawking kidding me?!”

”next play next play”

It would not be the Dan Quinn Falcons if we didn’t blow a double digit lead and there was an idiotic drive killing penalty that keeps us from controlling the clock. Thank goodness for Tevecchio’s 56 yarder because that could have easily ended a tie game. 

VTCrunkler likes this

48 minutes ago, Sportsman2593 said:

Which is ironic, since, thanks to his line, he isn’t standing up so much of the time. 

Underrated first post

Am I the only one that didn't see the false starts actually happen? Normally I'm spot on when a guy moves early but I saw 3 false starts get called against the Falcons and I didn't see it happen and ESPN never showed a replay. The last one on Schraeder I was celebrating Matt getting the Giants to jump and then they announced the penalty and I about lost it.

16 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Am I the only one that didn't see the false starts actually happen? Normally I'm spot on when a guy moves early but I saw 3 false starts get called against the Falcons and I didn't see it happen and ESPN never showed a replay. The last one on Schraeder I was celebrating Matt getting the Giants to jump and then they announced the penalty and I about lost it.

I wasn’t sure that I saw the second false start on Schraeder, but others I was watching the game with said he did move before the giants, so I believe them. The first false start on him and the hooper false start were legit, I saw them both live. It’s unbelievably frustrating that we false-started twice in short yardage like that with the game on the line.