3-4 heading into the bye, not what every one wanted but it's where we are at

This team is a couple defensive stops from being 5-2 right now.  The offense has come alive despite the craptastic oline play and the D is bleeding but could stabilize with D Jones coming back soon and a bye week to try and sort some things out. 

We are lucky there aren't many dominant teams this year so we really could crawl back into the thick of things. 

The Falcons were 4-4 last year, and still made the playoffs along with Carolina and the Saints. This is not unfamiliar territory.

I saw an improving defense tonight that actually made some smart plays against some talented players. I won't say the Falocons D has turned the corner, but they have been getting better.

Just got to beat Cleveland and then move on to the next one. As for Cleveland, they are talented, but young. They are already having to deal with some let down losses this year, so I'm hoping that will keep them pressing to the point of making mistakes when the Falcons face them. I think Ryan is very focused and will continue to grind. Grinding is what it is about right now. I wish we were on autopilot like the Rams, but the Falcons are not healthy enough to be that kind of team. We'll see what it's all about come December.

Edit: I forgot about Washington. Washington is not Cleveland. Ehh.

Edited by 4dabirds

20 minutes ago, LookAboutFalcon said:

Not what any of us wanted and it has been pretty at all.  Still a lot of season left.  Put everyone in hyperbolic time chambers and come out strong for a 2nd half of the season.

After starting 1-4, this is exactly where we want to be. We still control our destiny. Keep winning. We have the best division record at 2-1. Season is far from over.

1 minute ago, 4dabirds said:

The Falcons were 4-4 last year, and still made the playoffs along with Carolina and the Saints. This is not unfamiliar territory.

I saw an improving defense tonight that actually made some smart plays against some talented players. I won't say the Falocons D has turned the corner, but they have been getting better.

Just got to beat Cleveland and then move on to the next one. As for Cleveland, they are talented, but young. They are already having to deal with some let down losses this year, so I'm hoping that will keep them pressing to the point of making mistakes when the Falcons face them. I think Ryan is very focused and will continue to grind. Grinding is what it is about right now. I wish we were on autopilot like the Rams, but the Falcons are not healthy enough to be that kind of team. We'll see what it's all about come December.

The 3rd down play when we dropped Barkley 6 yards behind the LOS was dang good. Maybe it's cuz we played a bad o-line, but the front 7 looked way better tonight. The Eagles struggled mightily against Barkley, and we kept him in check all game. We just need our CBs to get back to the level they've been in the past. 

12 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

The 3rd down play when we dropped Barkley 6 yards behind the LOS was dang good. Maybe it's cuz we played a bad o-line, but the front 7 looked way better tonight. The Eagles struggled mightily against Barkley, and we kept him in check all game. We just need our CBs to get back to the level they've been in the past. 

That was a sweet play by Kazee with that TFL on Barkley. I also thought Trufant played a good game too.

5 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

That was a sweet play by Kazee with that TFL on Barkley. I also thought Trufant played a good game too.

Tru wasn't trash, but he wasn't great. He allowed his fair share of plays. The fact that Rocky was complete garbage and we may as well have just left whoever he covered run free makes Tru's game look way better. 

5 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Tru wasn't trash, but he wasn't great. He allowed his fair share of plays. The fact that Rocky was complete garbage and we may as well have just left whoever he covered run free makes Tru's game look way better. 

I don't know what is up with Alford. He made a good play on OBJ, but he was getting it handed to him up until that point. Alford has just really sucked this year.

6 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Yeah, neither of the starting corners looked good tonight, Archer was speculating a couple of times that they thought they had safety help, but didn't. Hope it's communication issues that get ironed out.

And manning/Beckham just  made some crazy good throws /catches.

1 minute ago, 4dabirds said:

I don't know what is up with Alford. He made a good play on OBJ, but he was getting it handed to him up until that point. Alford has just really sucked this year.

He was good the first 2-3 games. But since Rico has been gone, he's completely sucked. This has to be his worst string of games in his career, maybe dating back to his pee wee days. 

3 hours ago, takeitdown said:

Really, if we'd just won Cinci which we should have easily given the lead at the end, we're 4-3 and feel ok.

It's going to be a tight race in the NFC.

The big concern is the OL...really disconcerting seeing them play so badly.  Going to be hard to get the OL and the D right.

5-2 if we take that same approach to the Saints game... which would be enough for #2 in the entire NFC...

3 hours ago, LookAboutFalcon said:

Not what any of us wanted and it hasn't been pretty at all.  Still a lot of season left.  Put everyone in hyperbolic time chambers and come out strong for a 2nd half of the season.

were now maybe make the playoffs there Get blown out. Because Defense sucks.