Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Falcon Jedi Knight

Just 2 bad teams fighting to be the tallest midget in the room

79 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, etherdome said:

We really do have a bad OL......and so expensive.  

Funniest thing I saw was Garland 2nd snap I think and after it was blown up I saw a body going full rolley polley and it was Garland lol ohh **** he only been on 30 seconds.

Schrader that last penalty yikes.

On the flip side I liked some of Sarks playcalling showing outside zone run and slipping the RB out the other side of the formation for easy yardage.I think some of these play calls helped the oline bigtime.

Inside running,there's just nothing there.

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

You just don’t understand his sense of humor....that’s all. :rolleyes:

Yeah yeah I got his sense a humour.I knew this clown was full of ****.

Vandy likes this

I think we watched different games. In the game I was watching:

• Falcons defense had 4 sacks in a half
  • Falcons stopped Giants cold on forth and goal
  • Falcons sign a wrong footed kicker off the street who goes 5/5 on kicks including two of 50+
  • Falcons holder didn't screw up while playing wrong sided
  • Falcons QB was 18/18 in clutch time
  • Falcons coaches called worked out. Not sure I like the FG call, but Quinn's style is to trust his players. Lefty came through. Probably would have been fine to trust Ryan...but it worked.
  • Falcons came in with an obvious defensive game plan to let anyone but Barkley beat them. They played him as well as anyone has all season.

I get that plenty went wrong. The two false starts that kept us from icing the clock were really the things that bothered me the most. That said, there was plenty to like if you were looking for it. Some things clearly differentiated this game from our previous less than stellar efforts. 

1 minute ago, falcndave said:

• Falcons sign a wrong footed kicker off the street who goes 5/5 on kicks including two of 50+
  • Falcons coaches called worked out. Not sure I like the FG call, but Quinn's style is to trust his players. Lefty came through. Probably would have been fine to trust Ryan...but it worked.
  • Falcons came in with an obvious defensive game plan to let anyone but Barkley beat them. They played him as well as anyone has all season.

I get that plenty went wrong. The two false starts that kept us from icing the clock were really the things that bothered me the most. That said, there was plenty to like if you were looking for. Some things clearly differentiated this game from our previous less than stellar efforts. 

This was hands down the best performance by the defense since week 1. Stats may not suggest it, but this defense looked more like the 2016 unit. Not a great unit, but played well when it mattered most 

3 hours ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

This game is just comical and exactly what i thought it would. Im just more impressed we held the Giants to 3 points at Half Time.

This game is painful to watch. I cant wait til the End. Someone has to Lose right?

Then get out and stop following this team... The parity in Football is very well alive and the NFC is wide open. 

Vandy likes this

Does anyone wanna know what other NFC teams have only three wins?

Green Bay

Chicago

Detroit

Dallas

Philadelphia

Seattle

You DMN RIGHT we can turn this motha around and make the playoffs!

Next two weeks the Saints play the Vikes and Rams, Green Bay (legitimate threat) plays Rams and Patriots... Detroit and Seattle play each other this week...counting on the inevitable Seattle, Detroit, Chicago implosions, we gotta beat Washington and Dallas and we'll be back on track to a home Super Bowl!

GO FRIGGIN' FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Funniest thing I saw was Garland 2nd snap I think and after it was blown up I saw a body going full rolley polley and it was Garland lol ohh **** he only been on 30 seconds.

Schrader that last penalty yikes.

On the flip side I liked some of Sarks playcalling showing outside zone run and slipping the RB out the other side of the formation for easy yardage.I think some of these play calls helped the oline bigtime.

Inside running,there's just nothing there.

Not one sack after Garland came in... how about the Teco TD behind Garland's side?

kiwifalcon likes this

2 hours ago, falcndave said:

I get that plenty went wrong. The two false starts that kept us from icing the clock were really the things that bothered me the most. That said, there was plenty to like if you were looking for it. Some things clearly differentiated this game from our previous less than stellar efforts. 

We played a 1-5 team and almost pissed it away. It's the same crappy effort we've seen all year.

That 1-5 team has lost 4 of their games by less than a touchdown. But you know if we don’t blow everyone out we suck. 

3 hours ago, MAD597 said:

We played a 1-5 team and almost pissed it away. It's the same crappy effort we've seen all year.

You can say it is if you want to. I saw some of the same crappy stuff as mentioned where you quoted me, but I saw a lot of vastly improved things.

One item i didn't bring up is that watching these two offenses was like looking in a mirror. Both QBs were stupid efficient. Both teams were taking shots down field. Both teams were unable to run the ball. The difference? Sark coached circles around their OC on first down. They continued to spot us 2nd and long the entire game by ramming Barkley into the LoS for 4 quarters. The Falcons ran enough of first down to make make PA effective, but called a game that kept us in 2nd and short on many series. Our offense was playing a better defense than theirs and played from in front the whole game. Ryan was special, and Sark may have called his best game. 

kiwifalcon and HASHBROWN3 like this

4 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Dude I don't know why you bother watching if you can't say anything positive about the Falcons. Like seriously, this is bad for your health.

Vandy likes this

6 hours ago, MAD597 said:

You must be a miserable person in life. 

1 hour ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Dude I don't know why you bother watching if you can't say anything positive about the Falcons. Like seriously, this is bad for your health.

As a long time fan since the 1970's that has been through **** with all the Ga sports teams, I've earned my right to complain about this team when they perform badly. I will continue to do so un abashed no holds barred with ZERO benefit of the doubt given to the team.

Win a SB or go home, they ain't winning a SB this year so they get the wrath.

15 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

As a long time fan since the 1970's that has been through **** with all the Ga sports teams, I've earned my right to complain about this team when they perform badly. I will continue to do so un abashed no holds barred with ZERO benefit of the doubt given to the team.

Win a SB or go home, they ain't winning a SB this year so they get the wrath.

I'm sure your "wrath" sends chills down their spins. I've been a fan since the 70's too and proud this team is no longer at the bottom of the heep.  No reason to be so harsh when they've lost many key players, it's frustrating no doubt but they have fought hard and been in every game when considering the circumstance they could had laid down and tried again next year.  And please when those players start coming back after the bye week and go on a playoff run...keep your mouth shut about how well they are doing. I'm glad the team isn't ready to give up like some of the "fans" are.  

2 hours ago, nomak said:

I'm sure your "wrath" sends chills down their spins. I've been a fan since the 70's too and proud this team is no longer at the bottom of the heep.  No reason to be so harsh when they've lost many key players, it's frustrating no doubt but they have fought hard and been in every game when considering the circumstance they could had laid down and tried again next year.  And please when those players start coming back after the bye week and go on a playoff run...keep your mouth shut about how well they are doing. I'm glad the team isn't ready to give up like some of the "fans" are.  

I'm going to be harsh until they prove other wise, If they ever win a SB I won't be so harsh on them, Until then I'm going to call it like I see it and not pull any punches on any team in Georgia. The current existence of sports teams in Ga is pretty much just to piss of native sports fans in this state save for 1 single season the Braves had in 1995.

The teams in this state have not earned the benefit of the doubt and will not get any from me.

12 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Basically. 

The most overpaid most sucky oline 

with

The most overpaid most sucky corners

with

The most overhyped defensive end

with

The most in over his head head coach

You need to watch more football. 

11 hours ago, falcndave said:

Good stuff.

HASHBROWN3 likes this

35 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

You need to watch more football. 

You need to stop sipping the kool aid and be real every once and a while.  

Our offensive line is struggling mightily.

Our corners are struggling mightily.

Beasley had an okay game.  I appreciate Quinn for trying him more at LB last game.  But overall he is not nearly as effective for his drafted position and hype that most of you placed on him.

Quinn’s track record is shaky when the lights are brightest.  We played a bad Giants team and just narrowly escaped with a win.  

12 hours ago, falcndave said:

I saw pressure from Beasley and I swear I saw Duke Riley make a play behind the line of scrimmage to stop a play... honestly, I did...

falcndave likes this

13 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

You need to stop sipping the kool aid and be real every once and a while.  

Our offensive line is struggling mightily.

Our corners are struggling mightily.

Beasley had an okay game.  I appreciate Quinn for trying him more at LB last game.  But overall he is not nearly as effective for his drafted position and hype that most of you placed on him.

Quinn’s track record is shaky when the lights are brightest.  We played a bad Giants team and just narrowly escaped with a win.  

So wait....because your assessment was out of line, I need to stop "sipping the kool aid"? 

Wut? 

Also lol @ "Quinn's track record is shaky" nonsense. 

Quinn's "track record" is currently 35-25 with an NFC Championship and three playoff wins in two years. 

But apparently thats what happens when you're "in over your head" more than any other coach in the league....

Meanwhile, Hue Jackson has two wins in two and a half years. 

1 minute ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Falcons “Fans” - “We suck! We need to win more games!”

*Falcons win games

Same Falcons “Fans” - “No not like that!”

If it doesn look like 11 - 0, its not a real win!

OTHER TEAMS ARENT ALLOWED TO HAVE GREAT PLAYERS!