mashburn*Fibonacci

Is julio the problem at the long ball?

104 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

And you know he’s double-covered in RZ. And Matt lacks the arm to hit him deep yet again.

He did have Matthews getting pushed back into his face.

Diesel_Bird likes this

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

He did but he had a guy in his face.  When throwing to Julio he should just let the ball go earlier and let Julio run under it. 

Agreed.  Maybe he could have gotten rid of it quicker on that.  I don’t know though, id have to look at the pressure again.  But, regardless, it seems like countless times where Julio has torched his zone or man, and has to basically stop and come back 

1 minute ago, Diesel_Bird said:

Who else would that throw be on?

So julio ran his route?  Guess all the other guys run the wrong route, and are fortune tellers knowing where the ball will land.  

1 minute ago, TRUju2111 said:

How are you going to blame an open reciever for a bad ball?

Just because a wr is open doesn't mean he is in the right spot.

2 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

So julio ran his route?  Guess all the other guys run the wrong route, and are fortune tellers knowing where the ball will land.  

Still not sure what your saying,  Julio torches  the D,  Ryan missed the throw.  

Edited by Diesel_Bird
Flying Falcon and Vandy like this

Just now, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

I really dont want to rag on Ryan because he's been balling this year but Julio is in no way at fault on any deep targets this year. 

Agreed, Ryan has played well given the o line play. 

Jerz #DukeSZN likes this

1 minute ago, Diesel_Bird said:

Agreed.  Maybe he could have gotten rid of it quicker on that.  I don’t know though, id have to look at the pressure again.  But, regardless, it seems like countless times where Julio has torched his zone or man, and has to basically stop and come back 

Yep, he waits too long and Julio is so fast he gets way down field.  He should let it go early because he doesn't have that kind of arm strength.  Anytime Julio is in single he should toss it to him because he will win jump balls more often than not.  

2 minutes ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Matt just hit a deep ball for more yardage. On that play his arm was hit and he stepped on someone’s foot. He’s not the best deep ball thrower. But that’s not due to his arm strength when he’s throwing deeper bombs Lolol :rolleyes:

But that’s not on Jones missing OTAs. 

Which is why I’m busting you- guys chops in this silly thread. 

6 minutes ago, Vandy said:

And you know he’s double-covered in RZ. And Matt lacks the arm to hit him deep yet again.

He also makes 3-5 times as much. And got paid because he catches them in triple coverage,  but within 20 yards (except the redzone) 

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

So let me guess, you think that’s on Julio? 

You guys.....

But to say it is on Ryan is just as bad. Put the blame where it should be. Our horrible offensive line. The giants had 7 sacks in 6 games and they are abusing our line.

1 minute ago, Falcon Ben said:

Just because a wr is open doesn't mean he is in the right spot.

Ryan is throwing julio into coverage..luckily dudes are so beat they have no clue where the ball is so they mug Julio. If he throws the ball in the right spot its a td

Diesel_Bird likes this

5 minutes ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

Wow these guys are really on the spectrum huh

******* this place has no ******* basement. What an unbelievably ****** up him to say.

2 minutes ago, Diesel_Bird said:

Still not sure what your saying,  Julio torches  the D,  Ryan missed the throw.  

You claim ryan miss throws julio on the D.  Yet ryan connects with several other players on the D. 

If ryan sucked at throwing to julio on the D, he would blow chunks on the rest of the guys as well...... but that's not true.  Ryan connects with everyone,  but julio.  

Just now, TRUju2111 said:

Ryan is throwing julio into coverage..luckily dudes are so beat they have no clue where the ball is so they mug Julio. If he throws the ball in the right spot its a td

You’re right. I’m trying to give Ryan the benefit of the doubt because of the o line 

Jerz #DukeSZN likes this

9 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I thought the same thing in real time.  But the protection broke down and Ryan was hit while throwing and unable to step into it

Vandy likes this

33 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

I've always heard Ryan can't do it.  But all year long ryan has been connecting with all the others deep, except julio.  

ryans worst throw is the deep ball that pass to julio was short

2 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Cmon Vandy, you’re too smart to play the Ryan blame game.

Who is blaming Ryan? He’s having an overall  great season. But The fact is he’s also missed Jones on 3-4 TDs this year by underthrowing him when he had the DB beaten. 

1 minute ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

You claim ryan miss throws julio on the D.  Yet ryan connects with several other players on the D. 

If ryan sucked at throwing to julio on the D, he would blow chunks on the rest of the guys as well...... but that's not true.  Ryan connects with everyone,  but julio.  

I give up