Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GET-ME-A-DB-TD

Eric Reid goes full Rain Man before coin toss

114 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

I appreciate the response.  I only say 'nut job' because he seems like one to me and I call 'em like I see 'em.   If Austin Hooper were doing it I'd call him one, too. 

Ha.  I totally get why people would say that about him I was just clearing the air that I wasn't agreeing with that part of your comment but was giving my 2 cents on why so many care about a guy who isn't on this team and likely never will be. ;)

1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

but, but, but WHY can't the Falcons organization do the same?  Its kinda funny that when players came to the Atlanta Braves when Cox was managing them that they ALL FIT into the organizational structure.  There is not one ex Braves who says anything bad about Cox and how he ran a tight ship there. The players WANTED to win and be a part of that culture. Its the same with Belichick.  The problem points to the Falcons either not being able or not wanting to develop a culture thats bigger than the individual player which allows them to bring in players like the Braves and the Patriots did...

No one the patriots sign is ever allowed to become a distraction from their organization or principles. If Eric Reid disobeyed Belichek and caused a distraction from his team. Eric would be back to sitting at home staring wide-eyed at the TV.

Blount was never a distraction for them. Neither was Moss. If Gordon even sniffs some weed from a mile away, he's gone. They don't sign obvious idiots. 

Ergo Proxy and Iron Saint like this

9 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

No one the patriots sign is ever allowed to become a distraction from their organization or principles. If Eric Reid disobeyed Belichek and caused a distraction from his team. Eric would be back to sitting at home staring wide-eyed at the TV.

Blount was never a distraction for them. Neither was Moss. If Gordon even sniffs some weed from a mile away, he's gone. They don't sign obvious idiots. 

Thats a lie.

giphy.gif

26-aaron-hernandez-arrest.w710.h473.2x.j

1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

but, but, but WHY can't the Falcons organization do the same?  Its kinda funny that when players came to the Atlanta Braves when Cox was managing them that they ALL FIT into the organizational structure.  There is not one ex Braves who says anything bad about Cox and how he ran a tight ship there. The players WANTED to win and be a part of that culture. Its the same with Belichick.  The problem points to the Falcons either not being able or not wanting to develop a culture thats bigger than the individual player which allows them to bring in players like the Braves and the Patriots did...

Didn’t John Rocker play for Cox and braves? 

Spts1 and Bunchy Carter like this

13 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

Who is debating that?  We can spin this all kinds of ways but the end result is the Falcons either can't or choose NOT to run their ship like the Patriots...

25 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Didn’t John Rocker play for Cox and braves? 

Yep he did.  I'm gonna back up.  Back during the late 70s and early 80s the Braves were the ONLY team in professional sports that came on NATIONAL TV almost every day.  Ted Turner was playing around with the team and the then MLB baseball commissioner, Bowie Kuhn, told Turner that he couldn't do anything about Ted owning the Braves and the TBS Superstation. He said that since he couldn't do anything about it he told Ted to at least represent baseball better and get serious about the ball club.  The Braves were embarrassing baseball.

Ted then went and brought back Bobby Cox to the organization and John Schurhotlz with the MANDATE to win at any costs.  That mean the Braves had a unlimited budget AND could sign anyone they wished to help them win.  The result is that record number of division championships that may never be repeated.  When Ted sold the team Schurholtz THEN starting going in another direction and the Braves haven't been the same since.  The new owners don't wanna pay huge salaries and the Braves are picky about who they sign.  Its not the same as that 90s run.  That 90s team was a carbon copy of the Patriots...

LATE EDIT:  The only exception is the Patriots found a way to win at any costs while keeping the payroll down.  Other than that, the 90s Braves and the Patriots did the same exact thing...

Vandy and Flying Falcon like this

24 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Who is debating that?  We can spin this all kinds of ways but the end result is the Falcons either can't or choose NOT to run their ship like the Patriots...

Then what's your argument in this thread aboht Eric Reid? Falcons wont touch him with a 50 ft pole and neither would the pats. 

36 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Thats a lie.

giphy.gif

26-aaron-hernandez-arrest.w710.h473.2x.j

What does that mean? Gronk doesn't do any of his dumb stuff on the field and wouldn't get caught disobeying the hoodie. 

Hernando got caught, was arrested and cut within a matter of days. 

7 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

Then what's your argument in this thread aboht Eric Reid? Falcons wont touch him with a 50 ft pole and neither would the pats.

You don't know that.

Spts1 likes this

3 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

STOP.  I've made my point clear in this thread and as to your comment about the Patriots not touching him.  They didn't need him.  Trust me if they did he would be up there right now and you know it...

Flying Falcon likes this

4 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

What does that mean? Gronk doesn't do any of his dumb stuff on the field and wouldn't get caught disobeying the hoodie. 

Dude, 1st, the Pats defended Hernandez right up till his 2nd murder charge. Kraft even agreed to pay for his defense legal fees.  Look it up.

2nd, you said they don't sign "idiots". I proved you wrong. Now you're trying to move the goal posts.

Just now, slickgadawg said:

STOP.  I've made my point clear in this thread and as to your comment about the Patriots not touching him.  They didn't need him.  Trust me if they did he would be up there right now and you know it...

Are the pats too good for a probowl player when they were allowing 30 and 40 burgers? New to football?

3 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Right!!

6 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

How many angles you want??

Image result for gronkowski slams into player gif

Image result for gronkowski tre davious white gif

Image result for gronkowski tre davious white gif

Related image

4 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Dude, 1st, the Pats defended Hernandez right up till his 2nd murder charge. Kraft even agreed to pay for his defense legal fees.  Look it up.

2nd, you said they don't sign "idiots". I proved you wrong. Now you're trying to move the goal posts.

Idiots who still aren't a distraction on the field. Reid isn't on the pats and if he kept his clown show going in gillette stadium, he would be out of there quick. This isn't the Eric Reid show.