Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GET-ME-A-DB-TD

Eric Reid goes full Rain Man before coin toss

114 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Never stopped Belichick from signing those types of players.  Maybe thats why the Patriots got multiple chips...

I'm sure Bill and Brady have nothing to do with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Considering the huge positive impact that they ARE having on the world, I'm betting they will be very proud. 

"Positive impact"? I'd like to see you back that up with facts and data. Whenever you mention anything about either of them, people automatically think about disrespecting the flag. No one is talking about police brutality because of them kneeling. Their form of protest officially killed the conversation they supposedly wanted to have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

Right, cause we would have a SB by now. Good luck with your soft butt HC, Quinn.

The Falcons never get players like that and never will. If we had it certainly doesn't we would have won a SB:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nomak said:

They're creating a lot of noise that in the end means northing and accomplishes nothing at all. A few weak minded individuals are following along for a few moments of publicity. Prove to me there's a reason for any of this "protesting" non-sense. Go to Chicago, and every other liberal ran city like it, where they are needed and try and make a difference there on the streets instead of accomplishing nothing between the goal post. They are cowards!      

Yep, as suspected you're so ensconced in your little conservative propaganda bubble that you have no idea what those protests are actually about, the actual positive impact that has happened, nor how much more most of these people have done "on the streets" beyond merely protesting. You call them cowards, yet you are too cowardly to spend 10 minutes outside your comfort zone of the propaganda machine. 

These took me all of 60 seconds to find, there is PLENTY more out there for anyone that actually cared about the truth. 

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/7/31/17614874/nfl-national-anthem-policy-player-protests-reasons-trump

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/feb/03/why-the-nfl-player-protests-still-matter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Sell out

Are you black? Or just some angry internet dude who has no idea what a sellout is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, octoslash said:

Why is everyone so obsessed with this nut job?

I won't cosign the "nut job" but the obsession is a couple of things I see:

  •  People who seem to believe that Eric Reid would make this an appreciable better defensive unit (I agree he would)
  • People who like the "In-your-face" style of civil disobedience and see him as a powerful figure for cultural change for a cause they believe in.

The former is that I think people but are oblivious to the passion that drives his actions in a way that may not be in the team's best interests.  I'd love to have him as a player but I could see him being a lockeroom cancer as well.  

As far as the movement, I am a supporter but it's time to do more than protest.   It's a national issue...you're not going to win over more people by taking more knees and getting in fights with people who agree with the cause.  Work out the means in private.  All that stuff on the field with PHI/CAR was for show and unrelated to the cause or a path to a solution.

Iron Saint and virginiafalcon like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Right!! Belicheck probably wanted to sign him, but Kraft probably veto'd that vote.

EVERY year the Patriots get a FREE first round draft choice because they always pick up a player thats deemed " drama "... Meanwhile, in Atlanta, its big news if they can get the hole in the roof to open at the stadium...:(

 

Image result for belichick superbowl rings

 

Image result for belichick superbowl rings

 

 

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

I won't cosign the "nut job" but the obsession is a couple of things I see:

  •  People who seem to believe that Eric Reid would make this an appreciable better defensive unit (I agree he would)
  • People who like the "In-your-face" style of civil disobedience and see him as a powerful figure for cultural change for a cause they believe in.

The former is that I think people but are oblivious to the passion that drives his actions in a way that may not be in the team's best interests.  I'd love to have him as a player but I could see him being a lockeroom cancer as well.  

As far as the movement, I am a supporter but it's time to do more than protest.   It's a national issue...you're not going to win over more people by taking more knees and getting in fights with people who agree with the cause.  Work out the means in private.  All that stuff on the field with PHI/CAR was for show and unrelated to the cause or a path to a solution.

Exactly, regardless of if you support his actions or the movement.

Thats pretty much where I was coming from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Never stopped Belichick from signing those types of players.  Maybe thats why the Patriots got multiple chips...

Only the players actually had to follow the rules or didn’t stay with the Pats. Lol.

Yall act like they went to NE and kept being who they were known as before.

nomak likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I'm sure Bill and Brady have nothing to do with it. 

With some help from players like Blount.  Blount was full of drama but the Patriots needed a beast at running back who could score in the redzone.  They didn't go off into all the excuses to NOT win they just get it done...

Image result for legarrette blount patriots gif

 

Image result for legarrette blount patriots gif

 

 

Image result for legarrette blount vs falcons gif

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Only the players actually had to follow the rules or didn’t stay with the Pats. Lol.

Yall act like they went to NE and kept being who they were known as before.

but, but, but WHY can't the Falcons organization do the same?  Its kinda funny that when players came to the Atlanta Braves when Cox was managing them that they ALL FIT into the organizational structure.  There is not one ex Braves who says anything bad about Cox and how he ran a tight ship there. The players WANTED to win and be a part of that culture. Its the same with Belichick.  The problem points to the Falcons either not being able or not wanting to develop a culture thats bigger than the individual player which allows them to bring in players like the Braves and the Patriots did...

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

I won't cosign the "nut job" but the obsession is a couple of things I see:

  •  People who seem to believe that Eric Reid would make this an appreciable better defensive unit (I agree he would)
  • People who like the "In-your-face" style of civil disobedience and see him as a powerful figure for cultural change for a cause they believe in.

The former is that I think people but are oblivious to the passion that drives his actions in a way that may not be in the team's best interests.  I'd love to have him as a player but I could see him being a lockeroom cancer as well.  

As far as the movement, I am a supporter but it's time to do more than protest.   It's a national issue...you're not going to win over more people by taking more knees and getting in fights with people who agree with the cause.  Work out the means in private.  All that stuff on the field with PHI/CAR was for show and unrelated to the cause or a path to a solution.

I appreciate the response.  I only say 'nut job' because he seems like one to me and I call 'em like I see 'em.   If Austin Hooper were doing it I'd call him one, too. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

but, but, but WHY can't the Falcons organization do the same?  Its kinda funny that when players came to the Atlanta Braves when Cox was managing them that they ALL FIT into the organizational structure.  There is not one ex Braves who says anything bad about Cox and how he ran a tight ship there. The players WANTED to win and be a part of that culture. Its the same with Belichick.  The problem points to the Falcons either not being able or not wanting to develop a culture thats bigger than the individual player which allows them to bring in players like the Braves and the Patriots did...

Bobby Cox didn't run a particularly tight ship. He was very player friendly.  The Braves just generally didn't bring in jerkoffs.  Ok so Otis had a little bit of a cocaine thing going on. 

Ergo Proxy, Vandy and nomak like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Divide and Conquer

Too many people are stuck in their own bubbles, devoid of facts, empathy, and understanding.

Smart enough to realize what’s unfolding in front of them, comment and trash those with different views, but yet not smart enough to do anything to fix it. 

Thats where we are at. From the top down. We’d rather fight than listen. Meanwhile, in real-life, American citizens are suffering. 

This is directed at everyone. No matter whose side you’re on. 

Nobody wins when the people are too busy fighting each other while those at the top sit and watch the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

EVERY year the Patriots get a FREE first round draft choice because they always pick up a player thats deemed " drama "... Meanwhile, in Atlanta, its big news if they can get the hole in the roof to open at the stadium...:(

 

Image result for belichick superbowl rings

 

Image result for belichick superbowl rings

 

 

Exactly!!!! And they (Atlanta) stand star gazed while just looking at the Halo.

Spts1 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Bobby Cox didn't run a particularly tight ship. He was very player friendly.  The Braves just generally didn't bring in jerkoffs.  Ok so Otis had a little bit of a cocaine thing going on. 

Gary Sheffield had a bad reputation among Gms and the media. He spoke more openly about social issues than Kaepernick and Reid combined.  Kenny Lofton was given a chance.  Heck Deion Sanders was the encyclopedia of drama but the Braves signed him...

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000976848/article/eric-reid-malcolm-jenkins-sold-out-protest-movement

I mean who does this? I want to first of all thank our front office for not bringing this pussball of festering cancer into our locker room. Who seriously puts 70k people on the back burner to show the world that YOU and YOU alone are the single most important thing on that field..... 

I hope one day when Reid and Cap are sitting in a nursing together they can be proud of the "impact" they made on the world...as they eat their applesauce...smh

what an idiot and F the pantys for signing that POS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Exactly!!!! And they (Atlanta) stand star gazed while just looking at the Halo.

Its baffling.  This has been going on since the 1960s... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Considering the huge positive impact that they ARE having on the world, I'm betting they will be very proud. 

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites