Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bweb blapho

Bembry is just awful!

46 posts in this topic

On 10/22/2018 at 1:24 PM, bweb blapho said:

Bembry and Dorsey are pretty much the same player.  I'd give the very slight edge to Dorsey.  I think his penetration is slightly better and as a 2nd rounder, he is less expensive than Bembry.  Other than that, they are the same player.  I really believe they will alternate coming off the bench until one of them can show a clear difference.  Bembry had a decent game Sunday.  Next, it will be Dorsey's turn.  Dorsey had a decent Summer League.

Bro you just might be clueless. Bembry's ceiling is way higher than Dorsey's. Dorsey is a shooter shooting at a low clip and also has defensive challenges. Bembry is bigger, stronger, quicker, a better penetrator, a better rebounder, a better defender, a better passer and shooting the three ball better so far. Dude is a point forward on the verge of breaking out and should be the first off the bench. I expect him to get plenty minutes in 2018 if he stays healthy. You will eventually get on board or vanish with Dorsey. Trust me.

jayu70 likes this

3 hours ago, jayu70 said:

Dont wanna jinx it but Bembry is shooting 47% from 3.  Keep on improving that stroke.

Bembry is at #5 in defensive efficiency:

That’s pretty good and didn’t we have someone say he was awful :lol:

jayu70 likes this

9 hours ago, jayu70 said:

Dont wanna jinx it but Bembry is shooting 47% from 3.  Keep on improving that stroke.

Bembry is at #5 in defensive efficiency:

Just another young Hawk to be excited about...

Bembry is a hotdog.  You give it to him he is gonna shoot the ball.  I don't like his selfish game one bit...

Huerter is the one who is gonna shine once he can get these injuries behind him...

Edited by slickgadawg

23 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Bembry is a hotdog.  You give it to him he is gonna shoot the ball.  I don't like his selfish game one bit...

Huerter is the one who is gonna shine once he can get these injuries behind him...

You're not paying attention.

If you had said Prince, I would have agreed.

Spts1 likes this

1 hour ago, jayu70 said:

You're not paying attention.

If you had said Prince, I would have agreed.

I agree on Prince. He definitlely not gonna give it up...:lol:   I hate it though because that freezes out the shooting guard on the perimeter.   The defense collapses and the shooting guard is just standing there. Huerter can't get into a flow because he hardly ever sees the ball...

Edited by slickgadawg

It feels like he's too chunky or something, having trouble finishing. He has dunked some, but other times he misses layups like he doesn't have the lift for dunking.

great first quarter hawks! Finally not down 10+ to start a game. Much better energy so far and not turning the ball over every other possession.

wrong thread lol

Edited by Drew4719

On 10/22/2018 at 0:04 AM, jayu70 said:

RJ Hunter is not NBA caliber. Bembry just needs to control his TOs and finish at the rim since he can get there so easily.

Called it! He has done both these things while playing spectacular defense!

blkbigdog35 and Drew4719 like this

Bembry has definitely elevated his game with his ball handling and defense.  He’s also has been very good attacking the basket.

Bembry had a decent season. His off season assignment should be to work on finishing at the rim and on his three point shot. If he can improve in those two areas he will be a key sub next year and could even work his way into the starting line up. 

On 4/10/2019 at 10:44 PM, tl;dr said:

Bembry sucks.

Really I'm just mad about that stupid foul at the end of the game. 

Yeah it was Bazemore-esque for sure.

Bembry is still a fine young player who is a do it all, plug-and-play type that can fill whatever role you need off the bench any given night. 

He has room to improve but it’s not likely he will be much more than he is considering his playing time will likely never increase with Huerters development being a higher priority as well as whichever Rookie(s) we end up with this year