Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bweb blapho

Bembry is just awful!

46 posts in this topic

LMAO at R.J. Hunter over Bembry. Dude is still a little erratic, but he has a pretty high ceiling. A good point forward who's shooting better this year (67% from three). Can penetrate, rebound, dish and play defense. 13 points, 3 rebounds, 2 steals and an assist tonight. In only 16 minutes? Very productive. All he needs to do is finish his drives better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it should be obvious that RJ Hunter over Bembry is an exaggeration.  But, Bembry really should be the last G/F off the bench.  Not sure why Dorsey had a DNP-CD in the game today.  Maybe it was his turn between him and Bembry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bweb blapho said:

Well, it should be obvious that RJ Hunter over Bembry is an exaggeration.  But, Bembry really should be the last G/F off the bench.  Not sure why Dorsey had a DNP-CD in the game today.  Maybe it was his turn between him and Bembry.

Bembry is much better than hunch back Dorsey. People forget he still lacks NBA experience, he didn't play much as a rookie and was hurt most of last year. He has all the skills, he'll get there

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, cwell1 said:

Bembry is much better than hunch back Dorsey. People forget he still lacks NBA experience, he didn't play much as a rookie and was hurt most of last year. He has all the skills, he'll get there

We disagree.  I would love to see Bembry become a superstar, or star, or starter, or role player, or just good enough to survive the NBA.  But, I just don't see it.  Bembry, at best, may survive 2 or 3 more years.

Those who say he has skills but just needs to finish.  Well, you could say that about every NBA player who is not a star.  Finishing is EVERYTHING.  I could probably get to the basket most of the time.  But, finishing is the difference between good players and not-so-good players.

Edited by bweb blapho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather have Bembry than Dorsey. Bembry has not played a full season of NBA games. Twenty something games in 1st year, 2nd season was a lost season due to injury.

I love the improvement in his 3 point shots so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bembry and Dorsey are pretty much the same player.  I'd give the very slight edge to Dorsey.  I think his penetration is slightly better and as a 2nd rounder, he is less expensive than Bembry.  Other than that, they are the same player.  I really believe they will alternate coming off the bench until one of them can show a clear difference.  Bembry had a decent game Sunday.  Next, it will be Dorsey's turn.  Dorsey had a decent Summer League.

Edited by bweb blapho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, bweb blapho said:

Bembry and Dorsey are pretty much the same player.  I'd give the very slight edge to Dorsey.  I think his penetration is slightly better and as a 2nd rounder, he is less expensive than Bembry.  Other than that, they are the same player.  I really believe they will alternate coming off the bench until one of them can show a clear difference.  Bembry had a decent game Sunday.  Next, it will be Dorsey's turn.  Dorsey had a decent Summer League.

No they're not. Dorsey is a small SG learning to play point. Bembry is a SG that has difficulty shooting from range (though his 3 ball has looked good so far)  but can run the offense, dribble and defend.

No.11 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jayu70 said:

No they're not. Dorsey is a small SG learning to play point. Bembry is a SG that has difficulty shooting from range (though his 3 ball has looked good so far)  but can run the offense, dribble and defend.

YES, they are.  Forget the labels.  They are essentially identical.  Their size is similar (Dorsey a bit slimmer), their stats are similar.  If you were to just look at the box score for any set of 10 games, you would not be able to identify Bembry vs Dorsey.

If you like, we can go on forever about this.  But, as I said, we just disagree.

EDIT:

BTW, this is a trivial debate.  Neither Bembry nor Dorsey will be the future of the Hawks.  Neither will get any NBA team to the promise land.  I suspect you would like to argue that.  But, really, these guys are just happy to be playing in the NBA.  Neither is that far removed from the G League.  And, if you think otherwise, then you have lost focus.

Edited by bweb blapho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 point, 16 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, great work on defense and more importantly 1 turnover. That's filling the boxscore.

Coach Pierce says he sees Bembry as our Lead defender. Loves his ability to rebound and push the pace in transition.

Edited by jayu70

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, Bembry had a good game last night.  Can't complain when a player has 16 rebounds.  But, I am excited about the Hawks future.  The future looks great with Trae and Collins.  They are the stars that will propel the Hawks.  The best any of the other current players will be would be role players.  And, although I would not care to be wrong, I still don't see Bembry as even being a role player over the next two years.  He would have to have more "good" games to prove himself.  They don't have to be great games, just good.

For example, Bazemore is prototypical role player.  His role is defense.  Once in a while he can have good or great scoring games, like he did last night with a career high 32.  But, Baze scoring big is an anomaly.  But, you can pretty much depend on his defense.

What precisely can you depend upon from Bembry?  Nothing at this point other than a body on the floor.  If he can develop an identity, something that can fulfill a role, then he would tremendously increase his value.  Otherwise, he will not be around 2 years from now when the Hawks are ready to compete.

Unlike the rest of you posters, I don't fall in love with every player just because they wear a Hawks uniform.  Instead value excites me -- talent, potential, and other players who fill the gaps (role players).  Right now, the Hawks value consists of:

Potential superstars: Ice Trae, Collins
Role players: 
  Scorer: Prince
  Defender: Baze (although his price is way too high)
  Big man who can spread the floor: Len, Dedmon (not as much as Len, but adequate)
  Experienced leader: VC (great player/coach)

Everybody else is just happy to be playing in the NBA.  IOW, the Hawks are required to fill a roster with a minimum cap.  If some of these young guys can develop into a role player or start, Great!  If not, they won't be part of the Hawks future, including Bembry no matter how much you guys love him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think most here are:

1.refuting your title thread that 'Bembry is awful and should not have been extended.' 

2. That he and Dorsey are the 'same'

That's it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

19 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

I think most here are:

1.refuting your title thread that 'Bembry is awful and should not have been extended.' 

2. That he and Dorsey are the 'same'

That's it! 

Well, it should be obvious by now that I don't follow the crowd.  I think for myself.  And, that's the way I see it.  Have fun being a sheep, having others think for you.

That's it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jayu70 said:

I think most here are:

1.refuting your title thread that 'Bembry is awful and should not have been extended.' 

2. That he and Dorsey are the 'same'

That's it! 

lol he’s on my ignore list so I can’t see this nonsense!  :D

jayu70 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Looks like someone has found himself/herself a bigger shovel..

 

My goodness!  Must everyone here think the same?  Is there no such thing as opposing opinion here?  What's wrong with you people?  Holy Moly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bweb blapho said:

My goodness!  Must everyone here think the same?  Is there no such thing as opposing opinion here?  What's wrong with you people?  Holy Moly!

Says the one calling people “sheep” because their opinions are the same as others’? 

Keep digging.. you’ll get there soon enough

blkbigdog35 and jayu70 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2018 at 9:31 AM, bweb blapho said:

YES, they are.  Forget the labels.  They are essentially identical.  Their size is similar (Dorsey a bit slimmer), their stats are similar.  If you were to just look at the box score for any set of 10 games, you would not be able to identify Bembry vs Dorsey.

If you like, we can go on forever about this.  But, as I said, we just disagree.

EDIT:

BTW, this is a trivial debate.  Neither Bembry nor Dorsey will be the future of the Hawks.  Neither will get any NBA team to the promise land.  I suspect you would like to argue that.  But, really, these guys are just happy to be playing in the NBA.  Neither is that far removed from the G League.  And, if you think otherwise, then you have lost focus.

Lol no they're not bro. Not even close. Dorsey is nothing more than a scorer. As already stated, Bembry can run the offense and defend (multiple positions) far better than Dorsey. Bembry's skillset will allow him to carve out a role on any team. Dorsey will struggle to get minutes on an active roster.

jayu70 and FalconFanSince1970 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0