Realistically, Do you see a Falcons Team that WILL rebound this year to compete for a playoff spot?!

roguebeaver

4 minutes ago, Falcons_own_nfc_south said:

I thought Debo can't be back until Nov 18th... 

Pro football reference said be could come back for the Cleveland game.  Guess they got it wrong.  You are right, he isn't eligible until the Cowboys game.

If the Falcons get through NYG and Washington without him, I kind of like their chances in Cleveland.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the Falcons can still make the playoffs.  Will they, IDK.  I'm in the middle on it, mainly because the offense has so much potential.  As many have said, adding Debo back in the mix will help a lot, and I don't think this team is going to give up.  

As far as tonight, I think the boys will roll, and start gaining confidence for the rest of the season.  The Giants are a bad football team, and they are just what the Dr. ordered.

29 minutes ago, Peyton said:

The situation could be very much the same as last year, where both wild cards were NFC South teams.

The Falcons defense has been beyond atrocious, there is no running from that, but if they can take care of business tonight, then they have a weak to recoup a little bit....It'll be worth it to keep watching anyway. 

Well falcoms gotta show me something tonight, the bucs game isnt enough for me to even blink

@Boise Falcon Fan Yeah, if we can’t take care of the Giants with Grady and Shelby coming back; plus not losing Sanu/Ridley,  it’s probably over anyway at 5 losses before November. You’d have to almost win out. Debo is out at least 2 more games after tonight.

We really got a bye at the best time. Get some guys on the mend and iron out the defense and rush offense.

20 hours ago, roguebeaver said:

Sucs won, Panties won, Taints in first, even with a win tomorrow, birds will remain in...last place, NFC South! 

Big a hole to climb out of and if they let Eli open the book on them tomorrow, you gotta believe the fat lady is singing in the bowels of MB Stadium...last rights have been given,.

Life support is plugged in and working overtime to keep the blood pumping! Either they wear the black well tomorrow night, or hospice starts and the death knelt has begun for our beloved, once proud and gloriously, proud beautiful birds! Which one presents at games end, we shall see in the sea of black tomorrow night!

Amen!

We are not making the playoffs. We are going to go something like 8-8 so that not only do we not make the playoffs but we also won't get a good draft pick either.

14 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

We are not making the playoffs. We are going to go something like 8-8 so that not only do we not make the playoffs but we also won't get a good draft pick either.

I would rather be 8-8 than tank. Teams draft high all the time and take busts. Teams draft low all the time and find probowlers/all-pros.

As long as you can draft, won't matter where you pick. 

Keanu was in the 2nd half of the first.
Jones was 2nd round
Alford was 2nd round
Trufant was end of 1st
Poole was undrafted
Campbell was 4th round
Takk was end of 1st
Grady was 5th round

Meanwhile..Matthews was top 5. Beasley was top 10... 

I could keep going but I'm sure you get my point. You don't need to draft in the top 10 to have good players/team. And some of the players we did draft in the top 10 aren't even great. Matthews is mediocre. Beasley sucks.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

6 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I would rather be 8-8 than tank. Teams draft high all the time and take busts. Teams draft low all the time and find probowlers/all-pros.

As long as you can draft, won't matter where you pick. 

Keanu was in the 2nd half of the first.
Jones was 2nd round
Alford was 2nd round
Trufant was end of 1st
Poole was undrafted
Campbell was 4th round
Takk was end of 1st
Grady was 5th round

Meanwhile..Matthews was top 5. Beasley was top 10... 

I could keep going but I'm sure you get my point. You don't need to draft in the top 10 to have good players/team. And the players we did draft in the top 10 aren't even great. Matthews is mediocre. Beasley sucks.

Point taken but Khalil Mack was selected with the 5th overall pick. I'm sure there are plenty examples of great players being selected in the top 10 as well.

1 minute ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Point taken but Khalil Mack was selected with the 5th overall pick. I'm sure there are plenty examples of great players being selected in the top 10 as well.

Of course. But I will never hope to lose as no matter where you pick you can find great players. That's all I am saying. 

I'd rather tank than go 8-8, we get a high pick in every round. at 8-8 you get nothing, no playoffs no good draft picks just nothing. But I don't think our team will have a choice in the matter we are going to end up 4-12 to 6-10 no matter what we fans think.

8 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

So beating NO and GB is now considered an upset, huh? First of all, Debo will be back by Thanksgiving, and hopefully there won't be any additional injuries. Secondly, NO narrowly escaped with a win in Atlanta that the Falcons had every opportunity to win. 

I like our chances against Green Bay (I'd say DQ has come up with some solid game plans against Aaron Rodgers).

I don't doubt this team's attitude. Their backs are against the wall. We're 2-1 in the division, which is tied for the best with (guess who?) the Saints. If Ryan and the offense keep playing at a high level, we'll be competitive in every game.

NO is one of the favorites coming out of the NFC. Additionally, having to play on the road on Thanksgiving in their house is a huge ask.  Yes, I would say we are an underdog there.

Rodgers is 63-16-1 at home compared to 43-41 on the road. Lambeau Field is a tough place to play anytime. In Dec, it is that much harder.  Yes, I think we are an underdog there.

Considering the defense can’t play any worse, there’s is no where to go but up for them.

If they can manage to just play mediocre, we will be a markedly better team.

With that being said. I think we got exposed early on and we can either fight or flight at this point. History says that it’s unlikely for us to bounce back, but I also doubt any of those teams were as talented as ours even with the injuries. So with that in mind, I think it’s possible. 

But it literally starts 1 game at a time. Any loss from this point on all but sinks us. (Realistically we can lose two more and be in the mix, but it’s do it die time right now)

On 10/21/2018 at 6:15 PM, HouseofEuphoria said:

I refuse to believe this is a lost season until 7 losses. 

One week at a time.

I do believe we'll be 4 - 4.

If we get to 4-4 after all the defensive struggles, it's on again as far as I'm concerned. You just have to get on a roll. We're capable of doing that on offense if the defense can tag along for the ride.

17 minutes ago, coastiemike said:

NO is one of the favorites coming out of the NFC. Additionally, having to play on the road on Thanksgiving in their house is a huge ask.  Yes, I would say we are an underdog there.

Rodgers is 63-16-1 at home compared to 43-41 on the road. Lambeau Field is a tough place to play anytime. In Dec, it is that much harder.  Yes, I think we are an underdog there.

Wow that guy is nuts, when you are 2-4 and giving up 32 points a game you are pretty much an under dog to everyone.

26 minutes ago, coastiemike said:

If those are our only 2 other losses, 10 - 6 might be enough for a wild card spot.

Then, anything can happen.

On 10/21/2018 at 8:03 PM, papachaz said:

if these 'younger' fans didn't learn this secret 2 years ago from the middle of the 3rd quarter to the end of losing the SB in overtime, they never will. 

us long timers on the other hand, have known this truth for decades.....some of us can even say 5 of em  ;)

I'd be willing to bet just about every single one of us old-timers knew in the third quarter the Falcons were going to lose. Not even very suspenseful lol.

this team isnt a championship team with DQ as coach.

AB needs to look at this team as Glazers did with dungy/gruden

bucs fired dungy despite playoff success because he couldnt win against teams with equal talent

DQ and Smith are great at building teams , just not game planning

if AB had fired smith in 2013 and Quinn in 2017 they would have a SB trophy by now.

Falcons had a better HC in shanahan that knows how to beat teams

BB,Payton,shanahan,  they have experience as assistants scheming to beat opponents in big games and not expecting to win on talent alone

bill walsh had holgrem , gruden 

BB beat the bills in the SB as DC

Payton  as OC got the Giants to the SB with Kerry Collins

Shanahan likely wins the SB if AB realized Shanahan and not DQ led the team to the SB. Shanahan wouldnt have used the SB as an audition and protected his offensive line and QB better

DQ can follow a blue print on building a defense, but has never schemed and shut down a powerful offense like the seahawks did to manning

Now DQ is relying on Sark to mask the deficiencies of the HC and DC to scheme for opposing offenses