Jump to content

Our new FG Kicker is Left Footed


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Saw that yesterday playing madden. They still have a lot of time before kickoff to get in sync

I just read the article this morning on ajc.com about this. I didnt realize what potential problem this could be until i read how much extra time Bosher has had to put in adjusting to receiving the snap from the opposite side. Im not gonna lie ... im a little worried.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

I dont know if anyone has realized this but Matt Bosher has had to practice receiving the snap from the Other Side this week. Bosher had 3 days to practice this, but i am just a LITTLE CONCERNED that this could go bad for us.

10 to 1 says they bounce one off his face mask....  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

from ajc article

>>

Giorgio kicks with his left foot, so coach Dan Quinn said Saturday that he was very glad “they got three full days” to work on a new snap-hold-kick operation, whose parameters for measurement will not change even if all of Bosher’s handwork will.

I held for Giorgio in (exhibition) season. It’s an experience,” Bosher said. “... If you write your name with your right hand, put the pen in your other hand ... it’s just one of those things that you’ve got to rep it out, and luckily Giorgio will let me know what I need to do to get better. I have to make sure that come Monday, we are ready to go ... 

“Our world, that we live is in a 1.26- to 1.31-second world. It’s very quick time. We have to get that timing down. It’s all about reps. The more reps you get, the more precise you’re going to be.”

Tavechhio, who was born in Milan, Italy, only to grow up in the Bay Area in California, has been on the go, go, go for several years.

<<

Edited by The Falcon Jedi Knight
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, EZfalcons said:

Just go for two and go for it on 4th down instead of kicking field goals boom! Problem averted 

I seem to remember a game in the late 90's or early 00's where the Falcons played against someone... I feel like it was the Rams during their 'Greatest Show on Turf' days w/ Warner, Faulk, Holt, Bruce, Hakim, etc... and the other team's kicker got hurt. So, they just kept going for it on 4th down rather than try a FG w/ the punter & of course they converted every time. Then they'd score a TD & rather than going for the XP, they went for 2 & converted all of those as well. I feel like it was a MNF game possibly, too... so we got absolutely embarrassed in front of a national audience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, k-train said:

I seem to remember a game in the late 90's or early 00's where the Falcons played against someone... I feel like it was the Rams during their 'Greatest Show on Turf' days w/ Warner, Faulk, Holt, Bruce, Hakim, etc... and the other team's kicker got hurt. So, they just kept going for it on 4th down rather than try a FG w/ the punter & of course they converted every time. Then they'd score a TD & rather than going for the XP, they went for 2 & converted all of those as well. I feel like it was a MNF game possibly, too... so we got absolutely embarrassed in front of a national audience.

Yes it was the Rams during Dan Reeves era. I think their kicker pulled a muscle and Warner went for two every time and made it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

I just read the article this morning on ajc.com about this. I didnt realize what potential problem this could be until i read how much extra time Bosher has had to put in adjusting to receiving the snap from the opposite side. Im not gonna lie ... im a little worried.

so you're saying, our FG and PAT attempts are at risk for being 'shredded'??? :ninja:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

from ajc article

>>

Giorgio kicks with his left foot, so coach Dan Quinn said Saturday that he was very glad “they got three full days” to work on a new snap-hold-kick operation, whose parameters for measurement will not change even if all of Bosher’s handwork will.

I held for Giorgio in (exhibition) season. It’s an experience,” Bosher said. “... If you write your name with your right hand, put the pen in your other hand ... it’s just one of those things that you’ve got to rep it out, and luckily Giorgio will let me know what I need to do to get better. I have to make sure that come Monday, we are ready to go ... 

“Our world, that we live is in a 1.26- to 1.31-second world. It’s very quick time. We have to get that timing down. It’s all about reps. The more reps you get, the more precise you’re going to be.”

Tavechhio, who was born in Milan, Italy, only to grow up in the Bay Area in California, has been on the go, go, go for several years.

<<

He help for him in camp and preseason are you really worried?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...