Should we hire Lovie Smith as DC?

Flying Falcon

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Op the only thing I see wrong here is when it came to the offense, people cried because we didn't promote from within. Now that the DC was promoted from within, we want to jettison him for a retread. Defense has taken a slide, but I'd prefer to see how MM does without so many key injuries. Only dude 2nd season as DC. This imo is the best time for MM to learn how to make the most out of what he has when ish hit the fan.

6 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

You know "bend but don't break" is exactly what Tampa-2 is.

Lol yeah the backers are dropping the corners just have difficult responsibilities as well as the strong safety .  I think I remember back in the day the bears defense only had 2 plays, they just had the athletes  .got to have a pass rush as well as players knowing their assignment. 

These folks dont know anything about football. Why fire our DC when we got a boat load of injuries we was a top 10 defense last did yall forget that? Held the high power Rams to only 13 points and the Eagles to 15 points. I swear i hate some of you so called fans Manuel is on the come up wtf is he pose to do with this scrap together defense he got. 

5 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I don't think Quinn, or any other defensive minded coach would let any DC coach his defense. Makes me wonder why Teryl Austin went to Cincinnati.

Mike Smith did.  Let Nolan come in and run a scheme totally unlike anything he'd done in his coaching career.

Teryl Austin and Marvin Lewis actually have a fair amount in common as far as scheme, especially in the back end with some of their coverages.

MM was a rising young star in the coaching ranks until the middle of his defense went on IR.  I still like him and think he will be great for us moving forward.  All these injuries were probably too much for a young coach such as Marquand.  Definitely a great learning experience for him. But how about we get him his actual defense or we start calling for his head.

14 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Mike Smith did.  Let Nolan come in and run a scheme totally unlike anything he'd done in his coaching career.

Teryl Austin and Marvin Lewis actually have a fair amount in common as far as scheme, especially in the back end with some of their coverages.

Mike Smith gave too much freedom to his coordinators. Nolan never had his 3-4 personnel.

1 hour ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Nope. In Manuel we trust. 

We have problem of injuries not an issue of scheme. 

Manuel cant tackle himself or bring in guys off street hes dealing with players given by D.Q and Quinn

At some point a unit must progress, injuries or not. That's what coaching is supposed to do. They seem to play worse every week.

13 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

MM was a rising young star in the coaching ranks until the middle of his defense went on IR.  I still like him and think he will be great for us moving forward.  All these injuries were probably too much for a young coach such as Marquand.  Definitely a great learning experience for him. But how about we get him his actual defense or we start calling for his head.

Yep, cant do it if you dont have your star players. Especially the entire middle of the defense

So Marquand's the problem now??? No one can get over the type of injuries this defense has faced. Not only that, the guys you're replacing them with are non serviceable trash. Imagine replacing a guy like Deebo with (Dookie) Duke. Or a guy like KeKe with a guy named Jordan (D!ck) Richards. I call them The Dookie D!ck Replacements.

Just now, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

So Marquand's the problem now??? No one can get over the type of injuries this defense has faced. Not only that, the guys you're replacing them with are non serviceable trash. Imagine replacing a guy like Deebo with (Dookie) Duke. Or a guy like KeKe with a guy named Jordan (D!ck) Richards. I call them The Dookie D!ck Replacements.

Son of a ***** in actually lol'ed :lol:

4 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

I truly believe that he could change our defense to a ball hawking, run stopping defense. We need this change. 

Thoughts...

You're desperate. This is what happens when you spend too much time thinking about the Falcons' record.