Flying Falcon

Should we hire Lovie Smith as DC?

65 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

But his defense creates turnovers. Ours dont.

Well it’s not like a Tampa 2 will grant Neal and Tru hands. I actually wouldn’t mind seeing this unit in that shell a little more since Kazee is a little more susceptible at centerfield, but then again I wouldn’t trust our CBs in hard flats on run support or Richards with a deep half. 

EDIT: definitely wouldn’t trust Riley playing that mid read deep...

Edited by Wjcorner

8 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

Well it’s not like a Tampa 2 will grant Neal and Tru hands. I actually wouldn’t mind seeing this unit in that shell a little more since Kazee is a little more susceptible at centerfield, but then again I wouldn’t trust our CBs in hard flats on run support or Richards with a deep half. 

EDIT: definitely wouldn’t trust Riley playing that mid read deep...

It's the coaching. I dont believe they're being taught to attack the ball while it's in the air.

My whole family are Bears fans. They are my second team behind the Falcons. Lovie’s defense benefited greatly due to Urlacher being one of the greatest LBs to ever play the game. Falcons ran a version of the Tampa 2 back when Mike Smith was coaching and it was very “bend but don’t break”.

If we decide to get a new DC this offseason, it needs to be someone with fresh/creative ideas, not a rehash. 

Falconer89 likes this

10 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Still philosophically the same defense. There's no inherent advantage the Tampa 2 has in creating turnovers that ours doesnt.

Quinn's Seattle defense created turnovers. It's players. Not x's and o's.

I'm not talking about X's or O's. I'm talking which coach teaches about attacking the ball and not the player.

Falconer89 likes this

1 hour ago, Flying Falcon said:

It's the coaching. I dont believe they're being taught to attack the ball while it's in the air.

Alford’s brother says they practice it on Thursday...call it turnover Thursday. 

Flying Falcon and Falconer89 like this

6 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

I'm not talking about X's or O's. I'm talking which coach teaches about attacking the ball and not the player.

When you mention bend but don’t break you are taking scheme.

What happened to Lovie’s teaching in Tampa because they didn’t produce turnovers there, even when he did can Leslie Frazier and take over the defense.

1 hour ago, Flying Falcon said:

You're so dense it's insane... Kazee leads the league in picks but we don't tell the guys to attack the ball in the air..:rolleyes:

Falconer89 likes this

8 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Do you guys know how good we were last year from 2016.

We were top 10 in defense gave up barely 21 pts / game.

Defended Superbowl Champs at 15 pts on their own turf.

Lovie Smith could not have done better than Manuel.

Disagree on this one.

Our defense was good last year. Maybe all that soft zone is a product of what's left on the field.

Falconer89 likes this

2 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

When you mention bend but don’t break you are taking scheme.

What happened to Lovie’s teaching in Tampa because they didn’t produce turnovers there, even when he did can Leslie Frazier and take over the defense.

Don't know what happened in Tampa, but that Chicago defense was vicious.

Just now, Flying Falcon said:

Don't what happened in Tampa, but that Chicago defense was vicious.

He had better players in Chicago. Just like the defense DQ coordinated in Seattle that finished one year with 39 turnovers had better players.

Flying Falcon likes this

8 hours ago, Malachore said:

LOL what?

Professionals aren't supposed to get better? Coaches aren't supposed to coach up players? I can't believe anyone would actually think that......

There is a reason why some players are all time greats and others dont hardly get in. Missing 4 high level starters on one side of the ball hurts. But think whatever you like