Flying Falcon

Should we hire Lovie Smith as DC?

65 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

I truly believe that he could change our defense to a ball hawking, run stopping defense. We need this change. 

Thoughts...

Sure...go ahead and run it by Dimi and Quinn.

4 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

To do what? We dont have a Defense to coordinate. Its just scrap parts.

Lovie could piece them together and make something out of them. I don't think he's gonna last too much longer at U of Illinois.

U do realize Lovie has stunk at Illinois and will probably be fired don't you and he didn't do well as H C at Tampa Bay? Lovie has a good rep but I wonder if it is just a name like people who were dying for Jon Gruden. MM is okay and a a disciple of DQ. He can't help it if his defense has been gutted with injuries and the F O doesn't believe in players with size or making significant moves after the season has started

8 minutes ago, Gold4425 said:

U do realize Lovie has stunk at Illinois and will probably be fired don't you and he didn't do well as H C at Tampa Bay? Lovie has a good rep but I wonder if it is just a name like people who were dying for Jon Gruden. MM is okay and a a disciple of DQ. He can't help it if his defense has been gutted with injuries and the F O doesn't believe in players with size or making significant moves after the season has started

Can you read? I said DC........Defensive Coordinator. I also said he would not last long at U of Illinois.

Our defense wasn't that good before the injuries. It was "all right". Lovie defenses always was Top 10. Lovie doesn't play that pantsy "Bend but don't break" crap we play now.

Malachore likes this

5 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

The problem would be that Lovie runs a different system(Tampa 2)...so the only way it works is if Quinn gives him complete control over the defense...which I dont see happening

I like Lovie though

True. I just don't like this "Bend, but don't break" crap Quinn runs here. We're broke and we're broke good.

Malachore and RING OF HONOR like this

8 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

Complete different philosophy to DQ. 

We already have one of the best DC's in the game in DQ. The defense should be a reflection if him and if it's not, he needs to take back control.

Naw, our defense SUCKS. Even before the injuries. This, keep the ball in front of you SUCKS!!! Just let the WR catch the ball and concentrate on making the tackle instead of attacking the ball in the air is crazy. Lovie defenses attacks the ball in the air, resulting  in interceptions.

IamFRESCO1 likes this

14 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

True. I just don't like this "Bend, but don't break" crap Quinn runs here. We're broke and we're broke good.

The Tampa 2 is basically the same zone defense we run

38 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

He had the Bears defense on point with Urlacher and the rest.

Yea but he has to have control of the defense and Quinn’s trust

51 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

I truly believe that he could change our defense to a ball hawking, run stopping defense. We need this change. 

Thoughts...

Nope. In Manuel we trust. 

We have problem of injuries not an issue of scheme. 

Manuel cant tackle himself or bring in guys off street hes dealing with players given by D.Q and Quinn

IamFRESCO1 likes this

32 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Can you read? I said DC........Defensive Coordinator. I also said he would not last long at U of Illinois.

Our defense wasn't that good before the injuries. It was "all right". Lovie defenses always was Top 10. Lovie doesn't play that pantsy "Bend but don't break" crap we play now.

That is a good point. I hate that soft zone when we get up by a bit. Now we seem to run it all the time.

1 minute ago, celtiksage said:

That is a good point. I hate that soft zone when we get up by a bit. Now we seem to run it all the time.

Do you guys know how good we were last year from 2016.

We were top 10 in defense gave up barely 21 pts / game.

Defended Superbowl Champs at 15 pts on their own turf.

Lovie Smith could not have done better than Manuel.

Disagree on this one.

24 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Naw, our defense SUCKS. Even before the injuries. This, keep the ball in front of you SUCKS!!! Just let the WR catch the ball and concentrate on making the tackle instead of attacking the ball in the air is crazy. Lovie defenses attacks the ball in the air, resulting  in interceptions.

DQ's seattle defense was better than any defense ever coordinated by Smith.

The scheme clearly works, you've just got to get the personnel to fit it. It looked like we were getting somewhere close prior to all the injuries and I still have faith.

Look at Steve Spagnolo who had the top ranked defense with the Giants but the same system with Saints ended with one of the worst defenses in history. Look at Lovie Smith's record away from the Bears.