Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mashburn*Fibonacci

Mods, what's the problem?

167 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

While we are on this trip down memory lane, if you guys (and girls I assume) thought the Falcons defense was bad now, there was a running joke on here that Dan Reeves would give the defense Nyquil at halftime!  :lol::lol::lol:

Lmao

papachaz likes this

7 hours ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

I really do love our "Big Lebowski" Mod. He seems to be a cool guy. But the thing is when you take the Mod job, you have be able to separate from being a Poster, and a normal Member, from being a Moderator. And in the past most Mods were former board members,  so it can be difficult to release. IMO you cant get rude or into rants any more when you become a Mod. Thats the sacrifice you have to make. You cant let personal feelings or opinions get in the way of doing your job. You have to be completely objective and un-biased. And most of all not insulting.

Because if you get insulting with me, or us, and we insult you back - then you get to hit the big red Ban Button... and that scares us

I think Mod’s should have an indicator of some sort when interjecting into a thread....let’s say their name is highlighted in red when posting as a Mod.  When the light isn’t on their name they post just like everyone else.  

Edited by Falconsin2012

20 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Ii'm lost.  Because this thread would have not been made if a mod wasn't crying over joke threads where he locked them and moved them.  

Ok Mash, that’s fine man. But it ain’t cool airing it publicly when y’all could have done it behind the scenes.  In today’s day & age it’s too easy to avoid personal interaction & conflicts or disagreements by using email, voice mail, boards, blogs, texts, or countless other social media mechanisms.  I’m engaged in all if it deeply in every facet of  my business & personal life.  Face to face or at least phone communications by their very nature help to keep things real & respectful because you have instant accountability imo.  

Bunchy Carter and kiwifalcon like this

1 minute ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Ok Mash, that’s fine man. But it ain’t cool airing it publicly when y’all could have done it behind the scenes.  In today’s day & age it’s too easy to avoid personal interaction & conflicts or disagreements by using email, voice mail, boards, blogs, texts, or countless other social media mechanisms.  I’m engaged in all if it deeply in every facet of  my business & personal life.  Face to face or at least phone communications by their very nature help to keep things real & respectful because you have instant accountability imo.  

How do you know I haven't? 

HASHBROWN3 likes this

6 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I nominate myself as a MOD....I will clean all this up....Its simple...No rules..

No filter...No Bans...No holds barred

If you cant stomach it...or too sensitive..

Do Not Enter..

Go **** ya'salf.

RING OF HONOR likes this

Just now, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

How do you know I haven't? 

I don’t. Maybe it sounds like you didn’t like the result. I have no idea. But now I’m back to my original statement.  Outside of my opinion, I have no skin in the game.

28 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Why you step down? 

*don't say me.  Lol

cause he's a 'like ho'  and as a mod, he couldn't get em  ;)

@HASHBROWN3 and anyone else wondering. Things have been talked to with a certain mod directly and talked to other mods. And now I'm just bringing it to the attention to anyone else who would like to discuss and/or other mods to start keeping an eye out for someone abusing their power. 

Here's a screen shot of the last time I discussed with this one mod.  

k0rku8.jpg

58 minutes ago, papachaz said:

why the heck are you here then??? :ninja::lol::lol:

Ha! That’s the real. I am the definition of I don’t give a **** my brother. When  I want to have fun I go off lol. It’s pure entertainment for me, even when I act mad or bad and I’ve been both. I’m like Francy you know you don’t really care. Not really.  I care enough when I’m adulting and yes I have a very responsible hight pressure job. That’s the real. Here? It’s all made up. Not everything and not me. Just the feelings. Real life is hard. TATF life is easy. Also, Golden showers are getting a bad rap. Folks just aren’t doing it right. I love women. Actually just my wife, but you get it. 

1 minute ago, Black Francis said:

Ha! That’s the real. I am the definition of I don’t give a **** my brother. When  I want to have fun I go off lol. It’s pure entertainment for me, even when I act mad or bad and I’ve been both. I’m like Francy you know you don’t really care. Not really.  I care enough when I’m adulting and yes I have a very responsible hight pressure job. That’s the real. Here? It’s all made up. Not everything and not me. Just the feelings. Real life is hard. TATF life is easy. Also, Golden showers are getting a bad rap. Folks just aren’t doing it right. I love women. Actually just my wife, but you get it. 

all I can do sir in response to that is :tiphat:

25 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

@HASHBROWN3 and anyone else wondering. Things have been talked to with a certain mod directly and talked to other mods. And now I'm just bringing it to the attention to anyone else who would like to discuss and/or other mods to start keeping an eye out for someone abusing their power. 

k0rku8.jpg

I seem to be wasting time trying to help you understand that the best way to handle it is privately.  I’m certain this person reports to someone.  Leaking bits of a more complex dialogue isn’t prudent imo.  Just go handle it brother.  Unfairness /truth have a way of exposing themselves when light is shined on them.  But we’re not the decision makers. They are.

1 hour ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Ask the mod who can't take a joke about our season and decides to lock threads up and move them.  

Omg a mod locked a thread for no reason gee what a shame first world problems lol.

HASHBROWN3 likes this

2 hours ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

k0rku8.jpg

Nothing has been discussed on the mod side.  I'm closing this one since you decided to go there.  You're making stuff up.

On 10/19/2018 at 2:50 PM, Duff_Man said:

I just texted him to let him know you're talking about him. He will be so flattered. He's been my friend and gracious host for the past 18 years of me visiting Atlanta for games. We will have to make a toast to you when I go down for the Ravens game. 

Also, I really miss Shiney as a Mod. Whenever i'd get reported, he'd just throw it away. HA! Suck it, haters!

Also: Once someone brings up the COC, it's a pretty clear sign that they are a **** poster.  

I think i'll go for a mod position. Then you're all ******. Bad joke? Two-week ban.

cosign w/ letter of recommendation