Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mashburn*Fibonacci

Mods, what's the problem?

167 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Dude one deleted my post containing a completely legal and safe product to ease the mind. Not close to breaking the COC. Some, not all,  just let the power get to them. It's sad when they forgot they were regular joes at one time.

so maybe those particular ones just need a little more roughage in their diet............

oh wait, you didn't mean 'that' kind of 'regular' did ya   NM

:ninja::ninja:

6 hours ago, Bunchy Carter said:

TATF needs more complaining! 

6 hours ago, PK Manley said:

All I see on the last 5 pages is a few non-Falcons threads moved to Around the NFL.  So, I'm not really sure what the problem is.

see the quoted post above yours for your answer there sir....  ;)  :lol:

7 hours ago, jidady said:

To the contrary, mods let too much go by here. There's a nonsensical Trufant/Peterson thread right now that doesn't deserve the underlying technology required to post it. It's not just trolling. It's the stupid, lazy kind that makes me sad that the person is that transparently desperate for attention. That's the sort of thing this board doesn't need.

Mods are the filter that elevates the level of discourse here. If you're falling under that bar, it's on you to do better, not for them to pretend like you don't suck.

I think the combination of censorship and people who think they know what speech should be allowed to “elevate the discourse” is a dangerous combination.

27 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I love history....carry on bro...

Pure Football was started for two reasons:  1)  people wanted a place where they could talk football and avoid the main board (and the mess that was going on) and 2) because a certain poster (dont want to violate the CoC, but his name started with a B and a lot of rrrrrrs at the end for those that remember)  had a COMPLETE MELTDOWN when Vick got hurt (Vick said something to the extent that he wasn't coming back until he felt like he was fully healed)!  The moderator allowed this guy to hijack the board for well over a year, if not more!  The dude would make soooooo many back to back threads *****ing about Vick, it would push almost anything else to page 3 with a quickness!  Then Blank pushed Vick onto the field in a wheelchair............and this guy turned it up SEVERAL NOTCHES!  Finally, we got some relief when they announced Pure Football, and you had to apply!  IIRC, BankerBird approved me!  The main board was straight garbage!  Then Vick shot a bird at some rednecks calling him a n****r after the receivers forgot how to catch the ball and losing to the Aints, and the board went bananas AGAIN! Died down, then his boy dimed him out on the dogs, and if you thought the board was hot ***, racist garbage before then, LAWD............

5 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I nominate myself as a MOD....I will clean all this up....Its simple...No rules..

No filter...No Bans...No holds barred

If you cant stomach it...or too sensitive..

Do Not Enter..

you know you're just quoting your girlfriend now......  :ninja:

6 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

Pure Football was started for two reasons:  1)  people wanted a place where they could talk football and avoid the main board (and the mess that was going on) and 2) because a certain poster (dont want to violate the CoC, but his name started with a B and a lot of rrrrrrs at the end for those that remember)  had a COMPLETE MELTDOWN when Vick got hurt (Vick said something to the extent that he wasn't coming back until he felt like he was fully healed)!  The moderator allowed this guy to hijack the board for well over a year, if not more!  The dude would make soooooo many back to back thread *****ing about Vick, it would push almost anything else to page 3 with a quickness!  Then Blank pushed Vick into the field in a wheelchair............and this guy turned it up SEVERAL NOTCHES!  Finally, we got some relief when they announced Pure Football, and you had to apply!  IIRC, BankerBird approved me!  The main board was straight garbage!  Then Vick shot a bird at some rednecks calling him a n****r, and the board went bananas AGAIN! Died down, then his boy dined him out on the dogs, and if you thought the board was hot ***, racist garbage before then, LAWD............

LOL!!!!! I can just imagine.

papachaz likes this

7 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

Me too. Only things I have ever gotten were a two-week ban in 2012 (Rev Hal), and a warning in 2014 (Tuggle 2). 

The art of knowing how to be funny or an a-hole without crossing a line is one to learn. Mashburn is fine...the others know who they are. 

I'm flattered.  But that's just cause you know I'll buy you a beer when you come to visit.  Lol

Duff_Man likes this

2 hours ago, PK Manley said:

Looks like I'm the one who's been giving the suspensions lately, so maybe you guys are talking about me.  I don't know.

nah, you're just about the most regular one, so it's on you for a large part. Larry is around some too, and I know real life things are taking care of all the time one or two other have. After all, there are more important things in life than a message board full of goofs....  

but you're good dude, just do what you do

PK Manley likes this

6 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

The slightest bit of authority changes some people. About an hour ago, Larry told me to "Go away, child". Keep in mind that I was a 2nd lieutenant who led a company of men for 3 1/2 tours in Afghanistan. And he's just some random guy on the internet. 

Agreed.  Some let things go way too much to their hread and they forget respect.  

Edited by mashburn*Fibonacci

6 hours ago, Bunchy Carter said:

This thread is brought to you by the guy who posted "Did Julio Tonya Harding Ridley?"

And? You don't see the joke? You don't like it,  k. Some see it and laugh.  

papachaz likes this

6 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

IMO, this is fitting because there truly is a power abusing mod on board. Even though I have a complete personal vendetta against the OP, I completely agree with this thread.

Agreed.  And for the record I don't dislike you anymore.  It's too old to fight over. 

Honestly sorry bro. Never meant it that way, and I really mean that. 

6 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Abusing power on a MB cmon man what does that even mean to take this place that seriously.

Ask the mod who can't take a joke about our season and decides to lock threads up and move them.  

6 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I'm trying not to laugh.

Hoping nobody will start crying.:lol:

To be panting over mods on a message board speaks volumes about how sad some lives are. 

Related image

No wonder we have safe spaces and pansy cry closets with play dough.  Oh nooooo's someone called you out for being who you are....lmao.

Ii'm lost.  Because this thread would have not been made if a mod wasn't crying over joke threads where he locked them and moved them.  

5 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I nominate myself as a MOD....I will clean all this up....Its simple...No rules..

No filter...No Bans...No holds barred

If you cant stomach it...or too sensitive..

Do Not Enter..

You got my vote being like this

24 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

So that begs the question, why waste your time responding to it? I honestly think you came in, saw what appeared to be complaining and decided to put your own spin on it instead of getting different opinions but all in all were going to do nothing more than dismiss it regardless. No one has challenged a mod at all. It has actually been the most civil non football related conversation in this furom in quite some time if we’re going to be honest about it. 

I don’t necessarily disagree with your talking points really.  I already said I enjoy opining so I did when I saw an actual topic calling out mods.  It’s classic weakness & victim-speak & begs for those like me who long to see folks man up.  That’s not necessarily directed at you personally but I appreciate the opportunity to clarify why I interjected my thoughts.