Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mashburn*Fibonacci

Mods, what's the problem?

167 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

honestly have zero intentions to. You show respect to those who show respect back. If a particular mod can't respect you enough to discuss what he has an issue with but instead will use their power against you, why waste the time. You may view it as complaining but for me i'm just chiming in on the conversation and speaking my mind. Like I said earlier, PK Manley may be the only current mod who deserves any type of respect from the board. Some may even disagree, just like some disagree about Larry. It is what it is. But just because you don't agree with the conversation being had, it doesn't mean that the conversation shouldn't be had. Certain mods make public threats to other posters, why not discuss the bs publicly

My "complaining" comment wasn't a vote for or against any of the mods. It was moreso to say *FOR ME* I think the real value is in addressing people directly. 

I understand your position, and still think you might want to consider talking to whoever. As far as the o.p. goes though... dude's post history is questionable.

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

I’m cool with most everyone in here. Mods are good by me too. I could have been banned countless times. It’s a thankless job. I get the beef about some things but I just don’t care. Some of my posts have proven that lol. Much love to all my brothers and sisters up in this joint. 

**** near 85% of my posts show that lol. But it’s a simple civil discussion. No name calling or threats. Different if someone crossed the line

Black Francis and papachaz like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpongeDad said:

I was agreeing with you. Not sure how you took that backwards.

You're obviously looking to instigate a fight. Take down my pictures off your wall. Lose my number. I told you I'm moving on with my life. You're just sounding like a bitter ex right now. 

Keep your agreement and the rest of your blabber away from me. Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I nominate myself as a MOD....I will clean all this up....Its simple...No rules..

No filter...No Bans...No holds barred

If you cant stomach it...or too sensitive..

Do Not Enter..

Where are the early voting polls? I'm voting ROH.

PokerSteve and RING OF HONOR like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

My "complaining" comment wasn't a vote for or against any of the mods. It was moreso to say *FOR ME* I think the real value is in addressing people directly. 

I understand your position, and still think you might want to consider talking to whoever. As far as the o.p. goes though... dude's post history is questionable.

Trust me I understand and like I said earlier, I personally despise the op but he has a point. As for the whole contracting thing, nah. I show respect to those who show respect. The only mod that has earned that type of respect is PK. Don’t care how the others feel about that comment. Just telling the truth via personal experience 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

The slightest bit of authority changes some people. About an hour ago, Larry told me to "Go away, child". Keep in mind that I was a 2nd lieutenant who led a company of men for 3 1/2 tours in Afghanistan. And he's just some random guy on the internet. 

Thank you for your service! That is impressive! I was in Metharlam (sic) in between a range of mountains back in 2006.

but yea, that is messed up. It's called a "power trip".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to frequent a wrestling forum Called Rajah I believe, I was younger and it was when wrestling was actually entertaining to watch.

Anyway they had a sub on their board called the Asylum where it was pretty much "anything goes" no nudity/racism or stuff like that but everything u guys have complained about being banned for was perfectly okay in this sub of the forum

Just maybe if we had a forum with these same rules it would clear out a lot of the clutter. Number 1 being Game day meltdown threads, nobody will want to complain in here because u can't really speak your mind but in the other uncensored forum u would be able to say whatever ypur heart desired.

This allows u to have ur more serious post in one sub and then ur everyday locker room talk in the other. 

I'm a hardcore lurker im in here everyday and honestly after a loss I don't even wanna see what kinda threads will be on the 1st page, where as during off-season and if were having a good season this ends up being the best place to get news about the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

I'm not going after anyone I'm just struggling to understand why you'd complain about something that's inconsequential in your day to day or is coming here and worrying about being moderated a big part of your day?

because ive had negative experiences with them, for no reason. I’ve gotten in trouble for no reason so yeahh it gets annoying when your on here and they keep annoying you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

I just texted him to let him know you're talking about him. He will be so flattered. He's been my friend and gracious host for the past 18 years of me visiting Atlanta for games. We will have to make a toast to you when I go down for the Ravens game. 

Also, I really miss Shiney as a Mod. Whenever i'd get reported, he'd just throw it away. HA! Suck it, haters!

Also: Once someone brings up the COC, it's a pretty clear sign that they are a **** poster.  

I think i'll go for a mod position. Then you're all ******. Bad joke? Two-week ban.

I'm glad he's your friend and all, but Shiney's behavior is that of an anti-social weirdo.

PokerSteve, ya_boi_j and papachaz like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, caponine said:

because ive had negative experiences with them, for no reason. I’ve gotten in trouble for no reason so yeahh it gets annoying when your on here and they keep annoying you 

What sort of trouble did you get in?  You have zero warning points, which means zero supensions or even any official warnings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

Personally, in my years since 2001 on the boards, ive seen Mods get involved in too many threads, and a lot of good threads got moved or deleted, and often posters suspended. Shiney McShine was one of the most infamous ones to destroy threads and incite arguments with people (especially me, he hated me the most) and he would ban us when we upset him. Thats not right

I really think that Members should be allowed to post freely - within the terms of the COC -without Moderators getting involved in the discussions.

I understand when certain threads or posts violate the COC, then removal is warranted. But as long as nobody has violated anything, and we're just having fun then just let it be.

The 3 AM Club threads were Epic back in the day, and the Mods just let us play and share music and get pumped up for Sundays game. I miss those late nights. We never went to sleep until 7 or 8 in the morning. It was a huge Pep rally Party every saturday night. Those were fun times

 

3am drinking crew represent!

HAMMER TIME!!! Circa 2010/11

i miss those nights

i still had an avatar as the 3am crew till last yr i think lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The freedom in coming back here a second time is that you really don't care about mods (or other posters, or old grudges, etc.)  any longer. I stay within the COC, but if some over-active mod perma-banned me tonight I would still sleep like a baby when my head hit the pillow. :lol:

ya_boi_j, PokerSteve and papachaz like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GhostofGritz said:

The freedom in coming back here a second time is that you really don't care about mods (or other posters, or old grudges, etc.)  any longer. I stay within the COC, but if some over-active mod perma-banned me tonight I would still sleep like a baby when my head hit the pillow. :lol:

I would honestly laugh hard and move on but even then there’s a shining issue that needs to be addressed. Of course nothing’s gonna change but I feel that if they’re allowed to do as they please publicly, why isn’t everyone else allowed that same privilege without posts being removed with zero explanation. Moving threads not pertaining the Falcons is what it is and warranted because mostly those threads are kept around at least a day or 2. After that it should be moved regardless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

What sort of trouble did you get in?  You have zero warning points, which means zero supensions or even any official warnings.

i can remember a few times , one time where i posted an article and a mod gave me a warning for it. Saying i shouldnt post unneccessary rumors even though it was falcons related 

and there was another time idek , the mod was like. It was a mod i never heard of before , or talked to. Last time im telling you this, then in banning you. It was for my comments which were not offensive nor inapprpriate at all it was in 2016 

That was 2 times it happened at least 3 times 

Edited by caponine
mashburn*Fibonacci likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, caponine said:

i can remember a few times , one time where i posted an article and a mod gave me a warning for it. Saying i shouldnt post unneccessary rumors even though it was falcons related 

and there was another time idek , the mod was like. Last time im telling you this, then in banning you. 

That was 2 times it happened at least 3 times 

The first one sounds like it could have been me, tbh, but I certainly wouldn't suspend someone over that.

And the other one is incredibly vague, but yeah, if we ask you to stop doing something multiple times and you don't, well...

Maybe someone was on a power trip, I don't know, but doesn't sound like much to me.  All I can say is that the current active mod staff is not that heavy-handed unless you're really causing a problem.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

the current active mod staff is not that heavy-handed unless you're really causing a problem.

 

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, no so fast PK!  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Andrews_31 said:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, no so fast PK!  :)

Looks like I'm the one who's been giving the suspensions lately, so maybe you guys are talking about me.  I don't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

Looks like I'm the one who's been giving the suspensions lately, so maybe you guys are talking about me.  I don't know.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I didn't get suspended, but I was blindsided with a threat (IN A THREAD AT THAT) just last week!  

 

Edit:  Not you PK!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I miss the 2001-2005 boards. One Mod. Everything goes. Good times. Yall boys would have never survived that era. Trust me. Back then TATF was considered the best NFL team message board. Won awards. The 2018 board is a low traffic neutered abyss.

Bruh, funny you'd mention that era (back up a few years thou to the "chill era" when the board first started.  That was GREAT)!  You know the board went DOWN HILL when Vick got hurt, and ERUPTED when he was busted.  That era (and the way the board was moderated) caused my brother to leave, hate the organization as a whole (he stopped buying season tickets!), and I'm still leery of TATF to this day (I was a super regular back then)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

Bruh, funny you'd mention that era (back up a few years thou to the "chill era" when the board first started.  That was GREAT)!  You know the board went DOWN HILL when Vick got hurt, and ERUPTED when he was busted.  That era (and the way the board was moderated) caused my brother to leave, hate the organization as a whole (he stopped buying season tickets!), and I'm still leery of TATF to this day (I was a super regular back then)!

Your brother wasn't ready for the internet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Your brother wasn't ready for the internet.

No, he wasn't ready for the rampant racism that went unchecked on this board!  He made a stand!  A lot of good posters left.

Bunchy Carter likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

No, he wasn't ready for the rampant racism that went unchecked on this board!  He made a stand!  A lot of good posters left.

Well there was racism but not rampant. Certainly not more than our society then and now. How did you survive when your brother couldn't? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

3am drinking crew represent!

HAMMER TIME!!! Circa 2010/11

i miss those nights

i still had an avatar as the 3am crew till last yr i think lol

LOL Id stumble in there from time to time , I miss it too, some great content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0