BirdFan33

Mike Vick to lead pregame train horn tradition Monday

45 posts in this topic

Cool with that. I believe it was his brother and a few cousins that caused the problems to start with, right?

Never mind, just read the indictment again. Dudes a monster.

Edited by falconticket

8 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Would he know the playbook as a head coach? 

/ 0 sarcasm 

Thank you. My only issue with Vick is he didn't give his best effort in Atlanta. Despite all the "fond memories" and highlights he still short-changed our team...

Vick regrets being "somewhat lazy" in Atlanta

Posted by Mike Florio on February 10, 2010, 10:01 AM EDT

Michael Vick told an Atlanta radio station Wednesday that he has lots of regrets from his days with the Falcons — and those regrets go beyond his involvement in dog fighting.

Vick says he’s also sorry that he didn’t work hard enough at becoming the quarterback the Falcons needed him to be.

“There was a lot more I could have done off the field and in the film room that could have elevated my game to a different level,” Vick said on 790 The Zone, per the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “I was complacent at the time, somewhat lazy, and I settled for mediocrity. I thought what I was doing was enough.”

Vick said that in 2010 — where ever he’s playing — he’ll be a much more dedicated quarterback, and that he expects to be a better player in his 30s than he was in his 20s.

“I want to play my best football up until the age of 34 and 35, and I’m going to put everything into it,” Vick said. “Just imagine what I could have been doing if I really would have been applying myself. That’s a regret I have.”

16 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

People here complain about Matt missing a few throws and he completes 65-70% of his passes. Bring Vick back in for that sweet 55%!

53%

Malachore likes this

19 hours ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

All these forced "traditions" are starting to piss me off.

You realize that at one point all "traditions" were forced right?

Vandy likes this

13 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

What makes them dumb?

11 hours ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

No opinion on Vick, but that horn is annoying as **** 

Come up with something new and drop the train horn

That about covers it.

This below is what ticked me off the most about Vick

“There was a lot more I could have done off the field and in the film room that could have elevated my game to a different level,” Vick said on 790 The Zone, per the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “I was complacent at the time, somewhat lazy, and I settled for mediocrity. I thought what I was doing was enough.”

He could have been the GOAT. If he just put in work. Roddy White was always catching practice throws from Schaub. Vick should have been out there throwing those. Film Room is Important to study and learn how to attack defenses. Vick just always figured he could run for the 10 yards every play if his first read wasnt there. That was his problem.

Vandy likes this

24 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I think it's awesome and embraces the city of Atlanta's history.

I get the historical significance.  Doesn't make it any less annoying.

On 10/19/2018 at 4:56 PM, TheHeartless said:

Please post his deep ball percentage 

Ryan has lead NFL in deep ball accuracy for multiple years. But trolls keep trolling. 

On 10/19/2018 at 4:48 PM, dirtybird2k5 said:

The man paid his debt to society.  He did the crime, he did the time.  He learned from his mistakes, and changed his life around.  The only people that have problems with that, are the holier than thou crowd, who act like they don't have a padlock on the closet hiding all their skeletons.

Or the Vick trolls who still hate Matt Ryan. People on either side just need to make peace and let the hate go. Either ways, Vick is part of Falcons history. He is gonna be part of the Falcons in future with some activities.

22 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I support this move!! Michael Vick should be welcomed and recognized for his contributions to the Atlanta Falcons just like any other former player should. He shouldn't get treated differently because of the way it ended. He did his time to society!!

Agreed. You can’t live a life filled with hate. 

Falconsfan567 likes this