BirdFan33

Mike Vick to lead pregame train horn tradition Monday

45 posts in this topic

I think that is whatever ... i dont really have an opinion. He electrified the Falcons and the City. Credit for that. He also broke our hearts. He turned his life around, and im happy for him as a human being, and i appreciate his contributions to the Falcons while he was here.

Much of the fan-base in Atlanta still has fond memories and feelings for Vick, so its good i guess

2 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

I think that is whatever ... i dont really have an opinion. He electrified the Falcons and the City. Credit for that. He also broke our hearts. He turned his life around, and im happy for him as a human being, and i appreciate his contributions to the Falcons while he was here.

Much of the fan-base in Atlanta still has fond memories and feelings for Vick, so its good i guess

Well said. I look back on those times with a fondness, but certainly appreciate what we have in #2 much more. 

10 minutes ago, BirdFan33 said:

Mike Vick will be there Monday night to pull the train horn. Looks like we are trying to involve him more like we do with other former players. Thoughts?

Heck yes!!!! Can he still throw the deep ball? If so, give him that #2 Jersey and let him play pitch and catch with Julio.

slickgadawg likes this

7 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Heck yes!!!! Can he still throw the deep ball? If so, give him that #2 Jersey and let him play pitch and catch with Julio.

People here complain about Matt missing a few throws and he completes 65-70% of his passes. Bring Vick back in for that sweet 55%!

3 minutes ago, TheFalcoholic said:

Lame “tradition” 

Still don’t think it tops that comical sized drum that the Panthers wheel out for celebrities wearing Panther jerseys to club at like it’s a carnival game.

“Step right up! $5 for two whacks at the drum! Bust it and win this tiny stuffed panther!”

4 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Still don’t think it tops that comical sized drum that the Panthers wheel out for celebrities wearing Panther jerseys to club at like it’s a carnival game.

“Step right up! $5 for two whacks at the drum! Bust it and win this tiny stuffed panther!”

:lol::lol:

Iron Saint and Ergo Proxy like this

That's great! I can't believe there's still naysayers and haters on this thread who can't ever get over it. If you're a true fan, you appreciated what he did for Atlanta despite the huge mistake he made (and I'm going to go extreme, Big Ben did much worse but wasn't punished as harsh as Vick was).

History says in the NFL it's rare for a Super Bowl losing team to get back to the Super Bowl with most of the same roster and the same coaching staff as your previous team. What if the Falcons don't get back to the Super Bowl until Michael Vick is somehow someway our head coach one day, and we WIN it and celebrate a championship in Atlanta, then what would people have to say about Vick then? 

The man paid his debt to society.  He did the crime, he did the time.  He learned from his mistakes, and changed his life around.  The only people that have problems with that, are the holier than thou crowd, who act like they don't have a padlock on the closet hiding all their skeletons.

2 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

People here complain about Matt missing a few throws and he completes 65-70% of his passes. Bring Vick back in for that sweet 55%!

Please post his deep ball percentage 

1 hour ago, mqg96 said:

That's great! I can't believe there's still naysayers and haters on this thread who can't ever get over it. If you're a true fan, you appreciated what he did for Atlanta despite the huge mistake he made (and I'm going to go extreme, Big Ben did much worse but wasn't punished as harsh as Vick was).

History says in the NFL it's rare for a Super Bowl losing team to get back to the Super Bowl with most of the same roster and the same coaching staff as your previous team. What if the Falcons don't get back to the Super Bowl until Michael Vick is somehow someway our head coach one day, and we WIN it and celebrate a championship in Atlanta, then what would people have to say about Vick then? 

Would he know the playbook as a head coach? 

/ 0 sarcasm 

Mr.Blank likes this