Should we trade Trufant for P. Peterson

Flying Falcon

Just now, falcons007 said:

Keep the ship from sinking till Dieon Jones comes back. I saw some improvement in LB keep Barkley in check tonight.

Even saw Duke make some tackles and was decent in coverage from what I saw aswell.

Its because that pass rush was getting home man it takes so much pressure off under pressure guys hence why I'm harping on about how surprised I am about how Alford and Trufant are struggling.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

Even saw Duke make some tackles and was decent in coverage from what I saw aswell.

Its because that pass rush was getting home man it takes so much pressure off under pressure guys hence why I'm harping on about how surprised I am about how Alford and Trufant are struggling.

Yeah Riley looked better, that play last week in end zone probably helped his confidence. Also, the line kept LB clean. Hopefully it’s not the Giants OL play but Falcons DL playing better. Redskins have a very good OL.

45 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Funny how you can say both Alford and Trufant are stinking up the joint and that moron agrees with you but I say it and he gets all stupid with me.

Shepard had 167 yards on 5 catches and Beckham had 143 yards on 8 catches. That didn't all happen against Alford.

Folks always wanna blame the pass rush but if the Falcons could cover anyone the Falcons would have a whole lot more sacks. DL has been getting good pressure this year but most times can't close the deal because the QB always gets rid of the ball because there's guys open. Even tonight, defense got 4 sacks and Eli still had 400 yards passing. Imagine how many sacks the would have had tonight had Eli had to hold onto the ball longer than 3 seconds. Every game has been like that.

21 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Funny how you can say both Alford and Trufant are stinking up the joint and that moron agrees with you but I say it and he gets all stupid with me.

Shepard had 167 yards on 5 catches and Beckham had 143 yards on 8 catches. That didn't all happen against Alford.

Folks always wanna blame the pass rush but if the Falcons could cover anyone the Falcons would have a whole lot more sacks. DL has been getting good pressure this year but most times can't close the deal because the QB always gets rid of the ball because there's guys open. Even tonight, defense got 4 sacks and Eli still had 400 yards passing. Imagine how many sacks the would have had tonight had Eli had to hold onto the ball longer than 3 seconds. Every game has been like that.

Both guys are down on confidence for sure.

Ive watched Trufant especially at the LoS and I don't see anything different from him he doesn't get hands on a receiver or show anything different basically allowing free releases I'd like to see him mix that up alittle.

Alford I don't know what to make of the last 4 games he's been beyond terrible I can't find anything good to say about his play.Hes giving up TDs his technique has fallen apart and his tackling is right there with the worst I've  seen in awhile.

The group needs to improve.I see improvement in Kazee as for SS I can't even mention that guys name because he's a ghost.The loss of Neal is just painful.

Debo please come back after the buy and next week we just need to find a way be ****ed what it looks like.

37 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Both guys are down on confidence for sure.

Ive watched Trufant especially at the LoS and I don't see anything different from him he doesn't get hands on a receiver or show anything different basically allowing free releases I'd like to see him mix that up alittle.

Alford I don't know what to make of the last 4 games he's been beyond terrible I can't find anything good to say about his play.Hes giving up TDs his technique has fallen apart and his tackling is right there with the worst I've  seen in awhile.

The group needs to improve.I see improvement in Kazee as for SS I can't even mention that guys name because he's a ghost.The loss of Neal is just painful.

Debo please come back after the buy and next week we just need to find a way be ****ed what it looks like.

I didn't get home from work until halfway through the 3rd quarter. But I did look at the score on my phone a couple of times. You can imagine the shock I felt when it was 5 minutes left before halftime and the score was 0-0. I was even more shocked when I looked at the stats and both Eli and Matt had good lines and there were no turnovers. I was so puzzled trying to figure out how there was no score. Then about 30 seconds later the Marvin Hall TD popped up and then I was just beyond dumbfounded. Lol. Of course once I got home I saw the defense look the same way it had all season and was disappointed. Can't wait to watch the entire thing and figure out how the defense did so good in the 1st half.

11 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I didn't get home from work until halfway through the 3rd quarter. But I did look at the score on my phone a couple of times. You can imagine the shock I felt when it was 5 minutes left before halftime and the score was 0-0. I was even more shocked when I looked at the stats and both Eli and Matt had good lines and there were no turnovers. I was so puzzled trying to figure out how there was no score. Then about 30 seconds later the Marvin Hall TD popped up and then I was just beyond dumbfounded. Lol. Of course once I got home I saw the defense look the same way it had all season and was disappointed. Can't wait to watch the entire thing and figure out how the defense did so good in the 1st half.

2 words pass pressure.

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

2 words pass pressure.

But the coverage had to be good in the 1st half to give the pass rush time to get home. Folks always blame the pass rush but sometimes the pass rush doesn't stand a chance because the QB has open guys right at the snap. Most of the time this year that has been the case. Snap, 1, 2, steps boom ball is gone. Doesn't matter how good the DL is, they ain't gonna get pressure that way. Think back to the Saints game. Falcons had 1 sack but reports after the game was how happen the coaches were with the pass rush. That is what I keep trying to get people to understand.