Should we trade Trufant for P. Peterson

Flying Falcon

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to surprise you. As much as I call for it, I’m not a huge fan of trades and FAs once the season gets going unless there are real issues and boy do we have them. We could use a blast of passion and talent in CB, but with the secondary I still say Safety.

Right now I wish we were making a move for a pass rusher, safety, and RB. 

Doesnt look that way. We pass on playmakers at times, but we still have to suit up. Try new things. DLo Hall even played some SS in Washington, maybe we should consider a move like that on the team. We do have a glut of CBs. Maybe a young talent.

5 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

Well, I've been a fan since late 70's, but I swore this was our year. Now my family (who's Saints and Cowboys fans) are teasing me. I never had to hear this much crap before now. It's starting to get to me.

Good news is, we're gonna beat the crap outta the Cowboys, so at least some of that will stop...

Then, when we're in the playoffs at the end of the year, and we beat the brakes off the Saints to stay home for the SB, things will be downright peachy...

You can't trade Trufant. It would cost us $19m in dead money to trade him, even more to cut him. 

From a financial perspective, the first point you can even consider trading or releasing him would be 2020.

It works the same way in Madden (unless you turn the salary cap off).

1 minute ago, Smiler11 said:

You can't trade Trufant. It would cost us $19m in dead money to trade him, even more to cut him. 

From a financial perspective, the first point you can even consider trading or releasing him would be 2020.

It works the same way in Madden (unless you turn the salary cap off).

Yes it does. I was so bored tonight that I decided to pop in Madden 16 (yes I'm 3 years behind) and start up a Redskins franchise because it would be quite a challenge and I've never played with them before. Well, trying to get my own players is extremely difficult with all the big money guys the Redskins had and the insane cap penalties I incurred to get rid of them. But I'm ready to rebuild through the draft. I've got 13 picks in the 2016 draft to use.

9 hours ago, Knight of God said:

This is going to surprise you. As much as I call for it, I’m not a huge fan of trades and FAs once the season gets going unless there are real issues and boy do we have them. We could use a blast of passion and talent in CB, but with the secondary I still say Safety.

Right now I wish we were making a move for a pass rusher, safety, and RB. 

Doesnt look that way. We pass on playmakers at times, but we still have to suit up. Try new things. DLo Hall even played some SS in Washington, maybe we should consider a move like that on the team. We do have a glut of CBs. Maybe a young talent.

Would love to see us make a move for a back 7 player on his rookie contract who has fallen out of favor with his original team. Hasaan Reddick was a guy I had my eye on but the Cards have actually started putting him on the field so I guess that's not an option anymore. 

1 hour ago, Flying Falcon said:

Didn't Peterson get one last night?

I honestly didn't watch the game or check the stats. But that's honestly the only thing good about his game, well that and returns. When it comes to covering elites, he loses every ounce of respect the media gives him