Interesting interview former Falcon running back Bubba Bean...

Spts1

Every once in a while I will drop Bubba Bean's name in the forum and I know that 95 percent of yall don't have a clue as to who I'm talking about.  His name more than anything reminds me of the late 70's Falcons and their futlity before they got good under Leeman Bennett.  He actually was a pretty good running back, but that name, Bubba Bean is a name you never forget.  In the interview below he talks about the toll the game took on him.

Image result for bubba bean falcons

" When you would get dinged in the head it was almost like a rite of passage. You haven't played until that happened. "

Edited by slickgadawg

9 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Dave Hampton, 1972 becomes first in Falcons history to reach 1,000 rushing yards in the last game of the season. 

On the following play he loses 6 yards and finishes the season at 995.

You can't spell 'Falcon Luck'  without 'F--K'.  

Yep. And to make matters worse, they stopped the game and gave him the game ball when he hit 1000. I wonder if he ever gave it back?

2 minutes ago, since68andcounting said:

Yep. And to make matters worse, they stopped the game and gave him the game ball when he hit 1000. I wonder if he ever gave it back?

He probably took it home and tripped over it getting out of the car, the poor guy.

I wasn't even ten years old then and I remember thinking, 'Wow, this team seems to be kind of a sad case'. 

2 hours ago, Doctor Kildare said:

Bubba Bean and Haskel Stanback were two running backs I remember in that period before William Andrews and Lynn Cain. Bean and Stanback actually played long enough to be on the first Falcon playoff team, the one that beat Philly in the 1st wild card game ever and led Dallas at the half in the next round.

Remember it well...those two were the first guys I ever learned about the RB position as my dad would teach me the game in between yelling at the TV...haha.  I remember thinking my Bubba Bean rookie card was worth A LOT of money because he was on TV every week and had a cool name.

21 hours ago, Doctor Kildare said:

Bubba Bean and Haskel Stanback were two running backs I remember in that period before William Andrews and Lynn Cain. Bean and Stanback actually played long enough to be on the first Falcon playoff team, the one that beat Philly in the 1st wild card game ever and led Dallas at the half in the next round.

Yes I remember that. Dallas went on to win the SB that year. The Falcons were actually very good in that short period of time. Best defense ever in my opinion.

That was great to see about BB.

The NFL does take a toll and we know that now more than we ever did back when he was playing. Sadly, I think it takes an additional toll on former Falcons...especially from that time period. In addition to the physical toll of the NFL, there is the PTFSD; post traumatic falcon stress disorder.