Interesting Stats on our O-Line

Goober Pyle

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Schrader is so washed its not even funny. Guy whiffs way to often. Im really disappointed in our run blocking

Hey how do you think Schraeder would do if we took him out of space and moved him to Guard? Start getting Gono developed with some snaps.

And then draft an OT fairly high, assuming Gono is just a depth/swing guy.

45 minutes ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

Interesting tidbit about Kyle and possibly a reason why our run game was lethal with him here.

The running game is the foundation of the system. Executing the blocks well takes great attention to detail because everything has to happen in sync. 

1 hour ago, Goober Pyle said:

Found this on my Twitter timeline today. I'm not a stat head, but Lord knows they sure haven't passed the eye test running the ball this year.

Wow, these are some very telling stats. So basically it's about as bad as you can get in both run & pass sets.

This is frightening man. 

You think about the injuries on defense & having no ability to stop anyone, while also realizing we're down our #1 RB & G, and a WR or two... Holy cow!

The more I think about this situation, the more mind blowing it is that MR is putting up world class numbers, won two games & could have easily won two more.  He is without a doubt, one of the most unheralded players in the entire NFL.  

Yeah, this highlights how well Ryan has played.  He plays more from a poor pocket than any QB who puts up good numbers I've seen.

Usually if there's always a helmet or hand near the QB, he has a crap game.  I'd love to see Ryan drop back and consistently have the time Brees has.  When he has time to scan the field and step into his throw in my head I always think "big play."  But that's only a few times a game.

I am very surprised to find out we have the most expensive line in the NFL.  If that is the case I would say that everyone except Mack is overpaid on our line.  You could make a case that Jake is worth the money as it is hard to find a top tier LT.  Drafting OL has never been Dimitroff's strength.

31 minutes ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

I am very surprised to find out we have the most expensive line in the NFL.  If that is the case I would say that everyone except Mack is overpaid on our line.  You could make a case that Jake is worth the money as it is hard to find a top tier LT.  Drafting OL has never been Dimitroff's strength.

Drafting OL isnt any team's strength. 

1 minute ago, Lornoth said:

This. I'm not sure what exact metric they're using when they say "most expensive" but he's a good chunk of change doing nothing right now. 

https://overthecap.com/positional-spending would be my guess....although we're not 1st, we're 2nd behind Dallas. 

The funny part? Dallas is fairly close to us in QB hits with 38....they arent dominant in the run game (12th in ALY, 17th in stuffed%) and they're lower than us in adjusted sack rate. 

People need to stop talking about the NFL like it makes any sense at all.