Dann Quinn just tell people the Truth

"Following the game against Pittsburgh, where Devonta injured his foot, we thought he was just having general soreness in his groin area," Falcons coach Dan Quinn said, via the team site. "As the week went on it continued so we decided to have him get some tests. It has been determined that he will need a procedure that will result in us placing him on injured reserve. We are hopeful he will be able to return this season, but we will have a better feel for that in the coming weeks."

Theoretically, Freeman could be a candidate to return from IR after missing eight weeks, but the timing -- and the Falcons' 2-4 record -- might make that a longshot.

---

Everybody is always "Fine" according to Quinn, and they always end up going on IR. Just tell the Truth. Stop sugar-coating everything. It just makes people like me lose more and more respect for you as a Head Coach. If a player is hurt, then dont say they are "Fine" to us out in the world. Dont Lie about it. Some of us have these players on our Fantasy teams. Be respectful to us as Fans.

6 minutes ago, PensacolaFalcon said:

Pretty sure DQ doesn't give a flying **** about your fantasy team ... 

He needs to be more honest about the way he words his words concerning players health.

I dont give a crap about Devonta Freeman any more, but the rest of whats left of this team I do care about. I just want more Honesty about injury situations.

Freeman, who signed a six-year $43 million contract last year, played in just two games this season, compiling 68 rushing yards on 14 attempts, and five receptions for 23 yards. The 26-year-old back missed Weeks 2-4 with a knee injury suffered in the season opener. He returned in Week 5 but suffered a foot injury and a groin issue that knocked him out last week.

The groin trouble, which seemed to pop up out of the blue last week, is what will ultimately shelve Freeman.

With Freeman out, Tevin Coleman will be the lead back for Atlanta as they try to dig themselves out of an early-season hole. Coleman is a dual-threat wizard who can run between the tackles, catch passes out of the backfield, and owns explosion in space. The 25-year-old is in a contract year, so teams interested in bidding on the back in free agency will get to see how he holds up as the primary ball-carrier. Through just six games, the 210-pound back has carried the ball 71 times (11.8 rushes per game) for 260 yards. His career high is 156 totes in 15 games last season (10.4).

Freeman's absence will also mean an increase in snaps for impressive rookie Ito Smith. In Sunday's victory, the fourth-round pick out of Southern Miss played a career-high 29 offensive snaps, splitting reps with Coleman (Coleman 58 percent of snaps; Smith 45 percent). Smith has compiled 102 yards on 32 carries this season, but has a nose for the end zone, scoring a touchdown in each of the last three games.

6 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

If that's how it actually went down then he didn't lie. They just didn't have all the information. Maybe he's just always optimistic, but at the same time, competitive advantage plays a role too. 

Nobody ever reported anything about his groin area. It was his knee or foot or something. I dont recall any report about his groin being injured. BUT YET coach Quinn says now that was the suspected issue.

I dont know what to believe anymore from him.

-----

"Following the game against Pittsburgh, where Devonta injured his foot, we thought he was just having general soreness in his groin area," Falcons coach Dan Quinn said,

26 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

Some of us have these players on our Fantasy teams. Be respectful to us as Fans.

Bruh.  It is what it is.  I am sure DQ wants Free on the field way more than you want him on your Fantasy team.  The man is hurt and clearly they have been working to get him back on the field.  I really don't think DQ is playing games here, I just think he is trying to be as optimistic about these injuries as he can.  

20 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

He needs to be more honest about the way he words his words concerning players health.

I dont give a crap about Devonta Freeman any more, but the rest of whats left of this team I do care about. I just want more Honesty about injury situations.

Quinn doesn't care what you want

1 hour ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

Nobody ever reported anything about his groin area. It was his knee or foot or something. I dont recall any report about his groin being injured. BUT YET coach Quinn says now that was the suspected issue.

I dont know what to believe anymore from him.

-----

"Following the game against Pittsburgh, where Devonta injured his foot, we thought he was just having general soreness in his groin area," Falcons coach Dan Quinn said,

That's not true, Thursday or Friday reports came out about his groin. But it also says general soreness, so if he was already on the injury report for something else and they thought it was minor, I don't see any real point in listing that as well 

14 hours ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

"Following the game against Pittsburgh, where Devonta injured his foot, we thought he was just having general soreness in his groin area," Falcons coach Dan Quinn said, via the team site. "As the week went on it continued so we decided to have him get some tests. It has been determined that he will need a procedure that will result in us placing him on injured reserve. We are hopeful he will be able to return this season, but we will have a better feel for that in the coming weeks."

Theoretically, Freeman could be a candidate to return from IR after missing eight weeks, but the timing -- and the Falcons' 2-4 record -- might make that a longshot.

---

Everybody is always "Fine" according to Quinn, and they always end up going on IR. Just tell the Truth. Stop sugar-coating everything. It just makes people like me lose more and more respect for you as a Head Coach. If a player is hurt, then dont say they are "Fine" to us out in the world. Dont Lie about it. Some of us have these players on our Fantasy teams. Be respectful to us as Fans.

For me......it isn't even about fantasy….If a man is only as good as his Word....what does that say about Quinn?

There's no advantage to the Falcon's being any more forthcoming about player health than the minimum required by the NFL, and there's a reasonable argument that it's to a team's disadvantage.

So, why would any Falcon fan want the team to publicly disclose any more information than absolutely necessary?

35 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

For me......it isn't even about fantasy….If a man is only as good as his Word....what does that say about Quinn?

That he isn't a doctor and he can only go off initial impressions prior to tests being conducted? Jesus, even the doctors need to conclude tests before making a diagnosis. You should go see a local football coach next time you're hurt or sick. 

Are fans really this ******* dense?

14 hours ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

Whether he tells the truth to the media or not doesn't really impact the health of the players.

Dan Quinn's job when it comes to injuries is to keep the competition guessing as much as possible while loosely adhering to the rules.

Yeah us fans aren't always going to like that.

Why doesn't he make it convenient and let us fantasy guys also know his game plan so we know whether to use Ridley or Ito as our flex guy?  If I knew a big deep pass was planned for Ridley early in the game, I would definitely start him.  Or, if he and Sark have a wildcat play where Sanu will opt to Ito for a TD, that might make me want to start Ito.  Of course, this would be absurd, but so would revealing his true injury status reports this early in the week.

If he announced today that Ridley will not play next Monday, the Giants would probably totally change their coverage plans immediately.  However, if they hold off until Monday to announce anything, the Giants probably have to think about two different scenarios as the Falcons offense will definitely function differently with and without him.

Likewise, if he announced today that Ridley will not play Monday and then suddenly declared him able to go Monday afternoon, he would be looked at quite sleazily.  So, the best option is really to be as vague as possible for as long as possible.

20 hours ago, PensacolaFalcon said:

Pretty sure DQ doesn't give a flying **** about your fantasy team ... 

LOL I could understand fantasy frustration. Currently I’m in a 12 man $50 league with 1st getting $500 and 2nd getting $100. With players being limited how they are (especially RBs) it’s tough to build a decent roster. Ie Ajayi, Fournette, Cook injuries, Bell holdout, etc etc...when it comes time for the waiver wire to take place, you having knowledge over multiple people can be huge. I’m just saying. Just my two cents lol