caponine

For Those That Say Our Rbs Can’t Pass protect

58 posts in this topic

Coleman has had just as many pass protect break downs as Free. Free being bad in protection is just false BS. All the backs have made mistakes in protection. Quinn even said in 2016, when he was asked about getting Coleman in more on 3rd downs, that Freeman was in more because he was the better pass blocker. Ryan even said it in interviews. Coleman has gotten better at it, but still makes mistakes. Freeman isn't a bad blocker. They even showed a video during the game a few years ago showing Freeman's excellent blocking. One in that game , he stood a LB up like he was a offensive tackle. People couldn't believe he didn't try to just cut him. Then he missed the block in the Superbowl, he actually didn't miss the block,it was just miscommunication where he didn't even attempt to block. Then all the morons went slap stupid with it. Our RBs have made some mistakes in pass pro, but Freeman's was blow out of proportion. 

Edited by THEHEADCOACH

6 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Game 3 at the 2 hour 35th min and 61st second.

against the saints the missed block which i already clearly stated in my post ?? Youre proving my point 

Just now, caponine said:

against the saints the missed block which i already clearly stated in my post ?? Youre proving my point 

Nah u just pulled a number out of my head because i think its idiotic to believe out of the entire season you be hes only missed one block. Unless you are just that obessed with him and you know all of the blocking assignments and calls. Thats like asking whens the last time you sneezed and i need it down to the exact 2nd. Lets be realistic here.

Just now, red falcon said:

Nah u just pulled a number out of my head because i think its idiotic to believe out of the entire season you be hes only missed one block. Unless you are just that obessed with him and you know all of the blocking assignments and calls. Thats like asking whens the last time you sneezed and i need it down to the exact 2nd. Lets be realistic here.

lmaooo and the funny thing about it is Vandy or TheHeadCoach would definitely find another play or plays, man cmon. If youre gonna do this. Have facts. 

4 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Coleman has had just as many pass protect break downs as Free. Free being bad in protection is just false BS. All the backs have made mistakes in protection. Quinn even said in 2016, when he was asked about getting Coleman in more on 3rd downs, that Freeman was in more because he was the better pass blocker. Ryan even said it in interviews. Coleman has gotten better at it, but still makes mistakes. Freeman isn't a bad blocker. They even showed a video during the game a few years ago showing Freeman's excellent blocking. One in that game , he stood a LB up like he was a offensive tackle. People couldn't believe he didn't try to just cut him. Then he missed the block in the Superbowl, he actually didn't miss the block,it was just miscommunication where he didn't even attempt to block. Then all the morons went slap stupid with it. Our RBs have made some mistakes in pass pro, but Freeman's was blow our of proportion. 

Nah exactly true. Free has gotten run over as of late pass pro wise. Ive never seen coleman just get ran through. 

Just now, caponine said:

lmaooo and the funny thing about it is Vandy or TheHeadCoach would definitely find another play or plays, man cmon. If youre gonna do this. Have facts. 

I will go back through all the gms for you sir.

1 minute ago, red falcon said:

I will go back through all the gms for you sir.

thats what i like to hear 

seriously, i just want him to produce we need a running game

Just now, red falcon said:

Nah exactly true. Free has gotten run over as of late pass pro wise. Ive never seen coleman just get ran through. 

I've seen Coleman miss blocks.  Didn't say Free hasn't been beat, but Cole has too. I'm not debating it. Everything I said was facts.  Everything I said has happened , was shown, and was said. 

3 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

I've seen Coleman miss blocks.  Didn't say Free hasn't been beat, but Cole has too. I'm not debating it. Everything I said was facts.  Everything I said has happened , was shown, and was said. 

As i was told, i need to see proof sir. Just because you say they are facts doesn't mean they are so lol. 

2 minutes ago, red falcon said:

As i was told, i need to see proof sir. Just because you say they are facts doesn't mean they are so lol. 

dont put words in my mouth 

6 minutes ago, red falcon said:

I can't help you form opinions ,but you don't keep up with the team. It's not my job to repair your mind. I don't care if you believe it or not. Good luck hunting it, because I'm not tracking things down from 3 yes ago.

16 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Im not calling you a liar but quinn and ryan both are way too polical to say thst one back does another thing better than the other. 

5 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

I can't help you form opinions ,but you don't keep up with the team. It's not my job to repair your mind. I don't care if you believe it or not. Good luck hunting it, because I'm not tracking things down from 3 yes ago.

Its all good man its not that serious.  Some just percieve what they believe is reality. 

8 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Its all good man its not that serious.  Some just percieve what they believe is reality. 

I'm just stating what was said, what was shown in that game and what was shown in that year. Not my opinion. 

4 hours ago, caponine said:

did you not read my post?? i said he missed a block in the saints game 

They were more in the game against Steelers and one more in Aints game. Steelers game was worse than Aints game.

11 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Thats all it would take imo to get the run game going...I think Sark is doing a pretty good job...but I think he has so many weapons in the pass game and trying to get everyone involved...that its affecting the run game...it almost feels like...he calling run plays cause he has to..because he has running backs..lol

He is not incorporating the run game into the game plan..and you know how I know??? Because he calls the exact same plays every week no matter the opponent..

Yep, he figures one of the sweep tosses will break it big.  But defenses love us pitching the ball back 6 or 7 yards...who wouldn't?

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yep, he figures one of the sweep tosses will break it big.  But defense love us pitching the ball back 6 or 7 yards...who wouldn't?

Exactly

10 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

They were more in the game against Steelers and one more in Aints game. Steelers game was worse than Aints game.

nobody was blocking well, steelers were sending almost everyone on blitzes

Jerz #Quinning likes this

1 hour ago, caponine said:

nobody was blocking well, steelers were sending almost everyone on blitzes

Steelers game was just ugly. I know who ever drew up that gameplan was salivating while watching the film on our OL.

8 hours ago, caponine said:

I’ve only seen him miss one and that was in the Saints game. Ito is a good pass blocker, i dont get where yall say we cant pass block. Thats as textbook as it gets. 

I cant find the Ito video of him stopping a guy in his tracks in the tampa game on a blitz but he did it. Point is, we are good at pass protection. 

He’s done this on more than one occasion as well, completely blew up linebackers

I haven't been on the boards that much recently but I've been on the boards long enough to realize you a Teco homa lova. Buddy has missed several blitz pick ups and can't read ZBS holes worth a dam. His 2018 YPA and TD numbers in his new starter role are the worst of his career. Ito is running better, even behind the same shoddy 2018 Dimi OLine. Buddy needs to step his tape watching game up if he's gonna get us where we're trying to go. I know yall Madden boys love speed but the need for speed is a need for greed that doesn't translate well to the NFL RB position.

5 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I haven't been on the boards that much recently but I've been on the boards long enough to realize you a Teco homa lova. Buddy has missed several blitz pick ups and can't read ZBS holes worth a dam. His 2018 YPA and TD numbers in his new starter role are the worst of his career. Ito is running better, even behind the same shoddy 2018 Dimi OLine. Buddy needs to step his tape watching game up if he's gonna get us where we're trying to go. I know yall Madden boys love speed but the need for speed is a need for greed that doesn't translate well to the NFL RB position.

Yea. Coleman is a great situational player. So is Freeman. Coleman has a great first cut and excellent burst off his cuts. He’s also a great threat in the receiving game. If the Falcons were to keep Coleman at a reasonable contract and sign/draft a big back for situations that Coleman is not good for, they would be fine. A Blount like player would be excellent for goal line, short yardage, and 4th quarter with the lead situations

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

7 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Lmaooo okayyy whatever you say, I’ve seen him blitz pick up a number of a times successfully this season. Ito aint doing sh*t either after. After the Carolina game he hasnt done much. He’ll get better as the season goes along as there is no other choice. He can read, he just rather use speed. Speed is still great, he started this. why do you think teams started drafting the Kamaras, Hunts, Michels, Cooks etc. fast guys that can do alot of things