caponine

For Those That Say Our Rbs Can’t Pass protect

58 posts in this topic

I’ve only seen him miss one and that was in the Saints game. Ito is a good pass blocker, i dont get where yall say we cant pass block. Thats as textbook as it gets. 

I cant find the Ito video of him stopping a guy in his tracks in the tampa game on a blitz but he did it. Point is, we are good at pass protection. 

He’s done this on more than one occasion as well, completely blew up linebackers

Edited by caponine

6 minutes ago, mikeg272 said:

I missed that in game but that was a **** of a block by Coleman. I think he is the better of our blocking backs. Ito has looked decent. I cringe watching Freeman try to block on most of them though. 

And thats the thing that LB aint no small dude, he’s about 250 coming at him and coleman knocked him backwards about 5-10 yards lol 

Edited by caponine
Xero, mikeg272, FalconJim and 1 other like this

Yeah I've seen someone say Free is a better pass blocker than Coleman and that's no where near true. My stock on Coleman has been down though. I was expecting him to do better with finding lanes and keeping his balance but its atrocious. I will say though the constant toss sweeps and stretch runs are not helping anybody.

Emmitt likes this

Man, Teco destroyed that dude!!!  It's good to see this!  Like you say, too many folks on here are eager to malign our RBs for poor pass blocking, always citing Free's missed block in the SB --- 

32 minutes ago, caponine said:

I’ve only seen him miss one and that was in the Saints game. Ito is a good pass blocker, i dont get where yall say we cant pass block. Thats as textbook as it gets. 

I cant find the Ito video of him stopping a guy in his tracks in the tampa game on a blitz but he did it. Point is, we are good at pass protection. 

That doesn’t mean they haven’t been had lapses at crucial times. Teco missed a block which probably cost us the Aints game. 

16 minutes ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

Yeah I've seen someone say Free is a better pass blocker than Coleman and that's no where near true. My stock on Coleman has been down though. I was expecting him to do better with finding lanes and keeping his balance but its atrocious. I will say though the constant toss sweeps and stretch runs are not helping anybody.

i have as well, he needs to do better. No more excuses. Free is out, he should be staying after everyday to get in extra work

Edited by caponine

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

That doesn’t mean they haven’t been had lapses at crucial times. Teco missed a block which probably cost us the Aints game. 

did you not read my post?? i said he missed a block in the saints game 

3 minutes ago, red falcon said:

I love teco as much as you bro but he has missed more than 1 this season. @caponine. @Jerz #DukeSZN i was hoping he would do better as well, but our line is definitely subpar. 

nahhh he hasn’t , name me a play where he allowed a sack that was he could control. do you watch the games or just repeat what others say on here ??

Edited by caponine

Tevin Coleman has been ranked in the top 5 for pass protection for awhile now. He’s had his worst season of it this year but that was a **** of a block. 

14 minutes ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

Agree with all of this...

Jerz #DukeSZN likes this

Our RBs did much better this past game blocking. They were horrible against Steelers though. If they can be consistently good, then we’ll be fine. 

Coleman is a good pass blocker. He always has been. He missed a brutal blitz pickup this year that led to a loss, but he is above average overall. Free, on the other hand, has always been bad. 

29 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Agree with all of this...

I just don't understand. I know the coaches may know much more about our OG's in run blocking but they don't even try to run inside the tackles to see if its futile to even try. We may have an inside run here or there but the high percentage of outside runs just irk me. The longer the ball is behind the line of scrimmage with this team is just a recipe for disaster.

RING OF HONOR likes this

5 minutes ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

I just don't understand. I know the coaches may know much more about our OG's in run blocking but they don't even try to run inside the tackles to see if its futile to even try. We may have an inside run here or there but the high percentage of outside runs just irk me. The longer the ball is behind the line of scrimmage with this team is just a recipe for disaster.

I said a few weeks back that there is absolutely no creativity with the run game...very predictable...you got run inside ...it at least lets the defense know you will.

Jerz #DukeSZN likes this

13 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I said a few weeks back that there is absolutely no creativity with the run game...very predictable...you got run inside ...it at least lets the defense know you will.

N-O-N-E. With as much success we had running outside against Carolina did they really think teams weren't going to be looking/planning for that? I don't get the stubbornness with these coaches. Give me some misdirection runs or ISO's with Ito. Just mix it up. 

Edited by Jerz #DukeSZN

1 minute ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

N-O-N-E. With as much success we had running outside did they really think teams weren't going to be looking/planning for that. I don't get the stubbornness with these coaches. Give me some misdirection runs or ISO's with Ito. Just mix it up. 

Thats all it would take imo to get the run game going...I think Sark is doing a pretty good job...but I think he has so many weapons in the pass game and trying to get everyone involved...that its affecting the run game...it almost feels like...he calling run plays cause he has to..because he has running backs..lol

He is not incorporating the run game into the game plan..and you know how I know??? Because he calls the exact same plays every week no matter the opponent..

2 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Thats all it would take imo to get the run game going...I think Sark is doing a pretty good job...but I think he has so many weapons in the pass game and trying to get everyone involved...that its affecting the run game...it almost feels like...he calling run plays cause he has to..because he has running backs..lol

He is not incorporating the run game into the game plan..and you know how I know??? Because he calls the exact same plays every week no matter the opponent..

Yeah the pass game has been beautiful this year.. but like 95% of the time we're really good in one area while we're completely garbage in other areas that negate whats going good. I'm just dying to know why Sark is calling the run game like this. Only reason I can think of is playaction but that doesn't mean we have to constantly lose yards trying to set it up.

RING OF HONOR likes this

2 hours ago, caponine said:

nahhh he hasn’t , name me a play where he allowed a sack that was he could control. do you watch the games or just repeat what others say on here ??

You dont have to lash out bro, i definitely watch the games.  Do you choose to ignore his negative plays because you like him more than freeman? Stop being defensive 

1 minute ago, red falcon said:

You dont have to lash out bro, i definitely watch the games.  Do you choose to ignore his negative plays because you like him more than freeman? Stop being defensive 

lol youre deflecting , nice try but still waiting for you to name me another play