Nereek

Next season draft

28 posts in this topic

On 10/19/2018 at 1:48 AM, Libid21 said:

R.J. Barrett

Zion

Bol Bol

:ninja:

Long as we get RJ I’m satisfied if we don’t get the number 1 pick might have to use 2 of those lotto picks to get RJ

On 10/17/2018 at 8:49 AM, Marco102 said:

They can potentially have 3 if everything falls correctly.

1.  Their own

Dallas' top 5 protected

Cleveland top 10 protected.

They most likely will get neither of those picks.  The Mavs are bad and the Cavaliers are worst...:lol:

19 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

They most likely will get neither of those picks.  The Mavs are bad and the Cavaliers are worst...:lol:

Even if Dallas is bad, they could end up 6-12 in lottery.

Marco102 likes this

On 10/21/2018 at 9:20 PM, Macknsweetjones said:

Long as we get RJ I’m satisfied if we don’t get the number 1 pick might have to use 2 of those lotto picks to get RJ

Still think that?

:D

Looks like we will get the Mavs pick and our own. We have so much young talent and a few potential stars. 5th worst record and not too close to the 6th worst team right now. 

With how the lottery works now, not sure we have any incentive to tank lol. 

Enjoyed tonight waaaaaaay too much to think about tanking though. Win baby!

13 hours ago, Libid21 said:

Still think that?

:D

He’s been playing like an idiot lately ...and with the emergence of Kevin I think it’s zion or Cam reddish for us 

On 10/16/2018 at 4:24 PM, Nereek said:

How many top 12 picks does hawk's get?

Could be as many as three or as few as none. We get CLE's pick but it's top 10 protected and they are awful so that one will likely go away. Could get DAL's but it's top 5 protected. They are currently 10th though. And we also get ours which is currently 5th. I believe both DAL and ATL will get better as the season progresses though. So both those picks could end up outside of the top 12.

For those who like Zion, where would he play? He's an interior - oriented player with SG height and a PF/C body. I have real concerns about his long term effectiveness as a starter in the NBA despite his unmitigated success in college. 

11 hours ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

For those who like Zion, where would he play? He's an interior - oriented player with SG height and a PF/C body. I have real concerns about his long term effectiveness as a starter in the NBA despite his unmitigated success in college. 

Zion is a forward. He's like LeBron--he will by and large play the 3. His unbelievable quickness and handles for his size will make him a monster to defend. Zion is too fast for centers and power forwards and too large for anybody but centers. He will be an instant contributor in the NBA.

3 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Zion is a forward. He's like LeBron--he will by and large play the 3. His unbelievable quickness and handles for his size will make him a monster to defend. Zion is too fast for centers and power forwards and too large for anybody but centers. He will be an instant contributor in the NBA.

Fair. But the dude is 6'7, he's undersized for SF. He's going to be squaring off on guys just as fast (like Paul George) AND taller than him. I'm not married to Prince as I don't like how he's progressed, so I'm open to Zion replacing him. 

We already have PG, SG, and a near-superstar PF of the future. 

15 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Fair. But the dude is 6'7, he's undersized for SF. He's going to be squaring off on guys just as fast (like Paul George) AND taller than him. I'm not married to Prince as I don't like how he's progressed, so I'm open to Zion replacing him. 

We already have PG, SG, and a near-superstar PF of the future. 

They got him by an inch, what's the big deal? He's definitely not undersized. Most small forwards are 6'6" to 6'8" with a few exceptions like KD. Kawhi Leonard is 6'7", the two-time Defensive Player of the Year and routinely guards multiple positions effectively.

g-dawg likes this

Zion reminds me of Charles Barkley in a lot of ways.Soft touch around the basket and overpowering physical presence. He is also very efficient and dominant on the defensive end of the court.I doubt we get him but he would look good in a Hawks uniform. 

g-dawg and ATL Fan in the DMV like this

3 hours ago, thofin21 said:

Zion reminds me of Charles Barkley in a lot of ways.Soft touch around the basket and overpowering physical presence. He is also very efficient and dominant on the defensive end of the court.I doubt we get him but he would look good in a Hawks uniform. 

yes a bigger version

thofin21 likes this

16 hours ago, thofin21 said:

I see a lot of Sean Kemp or a bigger version of Wilkins

thofin21 likes this

2 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

I see a lot of Sean Kemp or a bigger version of Wilkins

He loves to dunk and is a rare combination of upper body strength and vertical leaping ability. 

So with Dallas getting the Unicorn, how does this effect the pick they convey to us in this year in 2019?

I still don’t believe Dallas makes the playoffs with Porzingis  although anything can happen.

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

So with Dallas getting the Unicorn, how does this effect the pick they convey to us in this year in 2019?

I still don’t believe Dallas makes the playoffs with Porzingis  although anything can happen.

Porzingis might not even play this year due to the ACL recovery. In a vacuum, this trade most likely helps us due to Dallas trading away a couple of win-now pieces in Jordan and Wes Matthews. There are some rumors floating around that due to the two 1st rounders sent to NYK that the 2019 conveyance will now be unprotected, but I haven't really seen anything to demonstrably clarify it on either side.

g-dawg and maorifalcon like this

1 hour ago, ATLBrave said:

Porzingis might not even play this year due to the ACL recovery. In a vacuum, this trade most likely helps us due to Dallas trading away a couple of win-now pieces in Jordan and Wes Matthews. There are some rumors floating around that due to the two 1st rounders sent to NYK that the 2019 conveyance will now be unprotected, but I haven't really seen anything to demonstrably clarify it on either side.

Wow, that could be huge for us if 2019 becomes unprotected - makes sense as basically that is three years of 1st round picks Dallas gave away.  Let me know if you hear anything more declarative on this - thank you!