Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Padawan Knight

DCEU

248 posts in this topic

I watched "Titans" last night. I was never a DC fan and saw where a lot of people hate the reimagining of Nightwing, Starfire and Raven. If the characters were just Bob, Susie and Jane, I think it would have been an interesting start to the series. I'll admit that "Arrow" and "The Flash" are much better representations of DC characters than anything other than Nolan's Batman and "Titans" has the same show runner (Greg Berlanti), so hopefully it will match those shows for entertainment value (although it's as thematically dark and just as adult as "Cloak & Dagger").

With that said, "Gotham" is one of my favorite shows. And the woman who plays Supergirl is freaky hot for some reason. Too bad DC can't show the same respect for their characters in the movies as they do on TV. Except for "Titans", I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I watched "Titans" last night. I was never a DC fan and saw where a lot of people hate the reimagining of Nightwing, Starfire and Raven. If the characters were just Bob, Susie and Jane, I think it would have been an interesting start to the series. I'll admit that "Arrow" and "The Flash" are much better representations of DC characters than anything other than Nolan's Batman and "Titans" has the same show runner (Greg Berlanti), so hopefully it will match those shows for entertainment value (although it's as thematically dark and just as adult as "Cloak & Dagger").

With that said, "Gotham" is one of my favorite shows. And the woman who plays Supergirl is freaky hot for some reason. Too bad DC can't show the same respect for their characters in the movies as they do on TV. Except for "Titans", I guess.

Where did you see it? I just searched for it and it doesn't seem to be on DirecTv.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, biloxifalcon said:

Where did you see it? I just searched for it and it doesn't seem to be on DirecTv.

I watched it on the JetTV app on my Amazon Firestick. I stopped paying for streaming services two years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JayOzOne said:

I watched it on the JetTV app on my Amazon Firestick. I stopped paying for streaming services two years ago.

Yea, I just saw that it's a steaming service for DCU. It'll show up somewhere!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, biloxifalcon said:

Yea, I just saw that it's a steaming service for DCU. It'll show up somewhere!

I think Disney's streaming service is going to go over big. The sole resource for Star Wars and MCEU films, along with Disney's huge catalog of movies and 20+(?) years of Disney Channel shows almost can't fail, IMO. Wonder if they get to show Netflix's Defenders shows. But DC is over-reaching big time with its streaming service. What will be the content?

sdogg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I think Disney's streaming service is going to go over big. The sole resource for Star Wars and MCEU films, along with Disney's huge catalog of movies and 20+(?) years of Disney Channel shows almost can't fail, IMO. Wonder if they get to show Netflix's Defenders shows. But DC is over-reaching big time with its streaming service. What will be the content?

Apparently any and everything that is DC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

I watched it on the JetTV app on my Amazon Firestick. I stopped paying for streaming services two years ago.

APK or a Kodi extension?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

APK or a Kodi extension?

APK. I watch the videos through Kodi, though. For some reason, I get much less buffering when I watch JetBox or OneBox through Kodi than through their default players. I had almost no buffering at all with Terrarium when I watched it through Kodi or ES Video Player, even though when I used its default (Yes Player or Go Player) it buffered frequently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

APK. I watch the videos through Kodi, though. For some reason, I get much less buffering when I watch JetBox or OneBox through Kodi than through their default players. I had almost no buffering at all with Terrarium when I watched it through Kodi or ES Video Player, even though when I used its default (Yes Player or Go Player) it buffered frequently.

I'll try it out. RIP Terrarium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warner Brothers recently hired James Gunn to handle writing/rewriting and possibly directing Suicide Squad 2. 

I’m actually interested now. What he did with Guardians of the Galaxy was phenomenal and Suicide Squad actually fits more to his style. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Carter said:

Warner Brothers recently hired James Gunn to handle writing/rewriting and possibly directing Suicide Squad 2. 

I’m actually interested now. What he did with Guardians of the Galaxy was phenomenal and Suicide Squad actually fits more to his style. 

This guy has a 6-part series exploring the failure of the DCEU and in spite of his appearing to be sophomoric, he's actually very in depth and smart about film-making. Here's part 3, where he breaks down "Suicide Squad". If you watch it, you'll realize why DC and WB can't get it right.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:35 PM, JayOzOne said:

APK. I watch the videos through Kodi, though. For some reason, I get much less buffering when I watch JetBox or OneBox through Kodi than through their default players. I had almost no buffering at all with Terrarium when I watched it through Kodi or ES Video Player, even though when I used its default (Yes Player or Go Player) it buffered frequently.

Try titanium. It's a direct copy of terrarium but up to date

JayOzOne likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2018 at 7:59 AM, lostone said:

They going to bring back Batman beyond from weekday after school in the 90s.

I have all of those collected. I have from the original Bruce Timm Batman series, to Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, Batman Beyond, The Legion of Superheroes, Static Shock, etc. I'm trying to find the original Teen Titans before they turned all cartoony.

 

lostone likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Try titanium. It's a direct copy of terrarium but up to date

I just installed it on my Fire Stick and it auto-starts when I'm watching other apps. It looks good but I probably will have to delete it until a more stable version is available. Frustrating.

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JayOzOne said:

I just installed it on my Fire Stick and it auto-starts when I'm watching other apps. It looks good but I probably will have to delete it until a more stable version is available. Frustrating.

well dang. I haven't ran into that yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2018 at 10:39 PM, JayOzOne said:

I think Disney's streaming service is going to go over big. The sole resource for Star Wars and MCEU films, along with Disney's huge catalog of movies and 20+(?) years of Disney Channel shows almost can't fail, IMO. Wonder if they get to show Netflix's Defenders shows. But DC is over-reaching big time with its streaming service. What will be the content?

WarnerMedia's strategy seemed to be making a new streaming service for every niche product they could. They had Boomerang for Cartoons, Filmstruck for indie/classic movies, Dramafever for k-dramas, DC Universe for comic book/superhero, etc. ATT seems to want to go in the Netflix direction and combine all these services into 1. They have already announced they are working on an "HBO Plus" like service.  Filmstruck, DramaFever, and SuperDeluxe have been shut down. I think DC U will get shut down after they finish milking Titans. 

The main question will be pricing. HBO Now is already super expensive(for streaming services) at 15 bucks. I cannot see people paying more than 20 for one streaming service, especially if it isn't Disney's super streaming platform. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

WarnerMedia's strategy seemed to be making a new streaming service for every niche product they could. They had Boomerang for Cartoons, Filmstruck for indie/classic movies, Dramafever for k-dramas, DC Universe for comic book/superhero, etc. ATT seems to want to go in the Netflix direction and combine all these services into 1. They have already announced they are working on an "HBO Plus" like service.  Filmstruck, DramaFever, and SuperDeluxe have been shut down. I think DC U will get shut down after they finish milking Titans. 

The main question will be pricing. HBO Now is already super expensive(for streaming services) at 15 bucks. I cannot see people paying more than 20 for one streaming service, especially if it isn't Disney's super streaming platform. 

I'm wondering if Star Trek: Discovery and The Good Fight will keep CBS All-Access afloat. It's a great thing that there are too many fantastic viewing choices on television for me to ever consider paying for one network's offerings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm... I'll wait to see this before I judge it. It'd be a reach for Cryer to be sure, but we've seen comic actors make the jump before (Bryan Cranston, Jim Carrey). On the flip side, this could crash as hard as Jesse Eisenberg in "Justice League".

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Love this 6918906-6452841-Joker_farewell_Joaquin_P

I'm starting to come around to wanting to see it. Joaquin Phoenix is too good an actor to do a crappy movie or to be crappy in a movie. The Joker movie's going to come down to the story for me.

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I'm starting to come around to wanting to see it. Joaquin Phoenix is too good an actor to do a crappy movie or to be crappy in a movie. The Joker movie's going to come down to the story for me.

same here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0