Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DirtybyrdGA

Hawks October game thread

345 posts in this topic

Turnovers doomed us last game in 2nd quarter. Hopefully, it looks like some of this is fixable with players making timely and correct reads.

Great breakdown of TOs and what lead to them.

Tonights game vs another terrible team, Loyd lets see some more up tempo pace and get young some good shots, hopefully prince will take care of the ball early on and not lead the team in turnovers tonight, 

1 hour ago, UGABOZ said:

Tonights game vs another terrible team, Loyd lets see some more up tempo pace and get young some good shots, hopefully prince will take care of the ball early on and not lead the team in turnovers tonight, 

I hope not either, but from the article I posted above with videos, it appears that at least some weren't all his fault but his teammates slow rotation, not rotating or making the wrong read.

All fixable with time on the floor together.

No.11 likes this

5 hours ago, jayu70 said:

I hope not either, but from the article I posted above with videos, it appears that at least some weren't all his fault but his teammates slow rotation, not rotating or making the wrong read.

All fixable with time on the floor together.

great point I will miss game tonight due to football let me know some observations early on if you could. I should be home late 4th quarter

jayu70 likes this

No Spellman tonight, injured ankle. That leaves Ken, Plumless and Poythress as the bigs.

I forsee a lot of small ball lineups with Prince at PF. Bembry may see time at SF with Dorsey filling in at SG. Huerter may get early minutes as well.

1 hour ago, jayu70 said:

No Spellman tonight, injured ankle. That leaves Ken, Plumless and Poythress as the bigs.

I forsee a lot of small ball lineups with Prince at PF. Bembry may see time at SF with Dorsey filling in at SG. Huerter may get early minutes as well.

like to see Kevin get more than 4 mins tonight

This should be a good match up for Young tonight against a good PG in Conley. Memphis has to be happy to get him back this year

The more I watch Trae Young, the more I realize we made the right call. His passing is on point. Going to be LOTS of fun with him, Prince, and Collins.

Meanwhile Ty Lue is up north mismanaging the **** out of Collin Sexton

Libid21 likes this

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

The more I watch Trae Young, the more I realize we made the right call. His passing is on point. Going to be LOTS of fun with him, Prince, and Collins.

Meanwhile Ty Lue is up north mismanaging the **** out of Collin Sexton

He was never that good of a coach. LeBron James made him.

Anyway, the defense needs work. Guys are out of position and sometimes just look lost. Second straight game giving up 120+ points is not good.

The referees are calling a TON of fouls first two games. We can’t get into a rhythm. We don’t have enough fire power to keep up offensively yet. Can’t wait till Collins and Dedmon gets back. 

Trae Young is looking good. He looks like he belongs in the NBA. Tauren Prince picking up where he left of last season. 

10 hours ago, jayu70 said:

I like what I'm seeing for Trae and Taurean.  Good to see Huerter get more minutes. He's a good passer and decent on defense.

Exactly and when JC comes back I think defensively we will be better.  Also can’t forget Dedmon value on the boards and defensively!

1 hour ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Exactly and when JC comes back I think defensively we will be better.  Also can’t forget Dedmon value on the boards and defensively!

Very True.  The offense is putting up point but that defense, what defense? Putrid so far.

13 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

He was never that good of a coach. LeBron James made him.

Anyway, the defense needs work. Guys are out of position and sometimes just look lost. Second straight game giving up 120+ points is not good.

No it's not. Hopefully Pierce can make his money and work on the team defense

I don't really care about the Hawks winning games this year.  I'm just looking for exciting game play, consistency, and progression.  The exciting game play and consistency shows potential.  I would like to see progression in the second half of the season.  But, as for now, I don't care if the Hawks have the least wins.  The architecture and build of the team is coming along very nicely.

Stan Grossman likes this

1 hour ago, jayu70 said:

Very True.  The offense is putting up point but that defense, what defense? Putrid so far.

I think it’s going to come eventually.