Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DirtybyrdGA

Hawks October game thread

345 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

Yup.. where division CHAMPS play.. 

There is being an optimist, and there is being a total homer. We are so young and signed an ancient SG and a former top 5 pick that hasn't turned into anything.

Not to mention Collins and Dedmon are both out. If we win 30 games this year, we should be happy. It's just realistic. 

Just now, tl;dr said:

There is being an optimist, and there is being a total homer. We are so young and signed an ancient SG and a former top 5 pick that hasn't turned into anything.

Not to mention Collins and Dedmon are both out. If we win 30 games this year, we should be happy. It's just realistic. 

Preaching to the choir.. factor in the fact every time we started digging into the lead, that shrill sound just wouldn’t stop... (that **** whistle)

25 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

I hope the whole season isn’t reffed like this game or it will be harder than ever to watch NBA this year.

I mean, the whole season is already pointless. We already know who is going to win the title. There may be some "drama" like there was last year with the Warriors/Rockets, but let's be real: the Warriors were never going to lose that series. 

Drew4719 likes this

2nd quarter meltdown did us in.

Trae was not overwhelmed by the moment - good for him. 

More turnovers than assists and Putrid defense.

1 game down, 81 to go.

More Spellman, Less Plumass.

This season stands a good chance of being classified as unwatchable. I say that after one game ,but ..........somebody tell me how this bunch of players can win ?

10 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Some guys overreacting though. It's the first game. Hawks are finally settling in and playing good ball.

No doubt about it!  I just knew we were going to be hurting inside.  I’m just looking forward for these guys growing together!

6 hours ago, thofin21 said:

This season stands a good chance of being classified as unwatchable. I say that after one game ,but ..........somebody tell me how this bunch of players can win ?

They probably can’t! But they’re still more watchable to me than they have been in awhile.

13 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Yup.. where division CHAMPS play.. 

I told braves fans last who said we could win the division and they told me it was too early and we were too young that was my point 

3 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Well it’s the first game and I did like seeing TP doing his thing.  Trae is going to be good for us.  It will be fun watching this team!

TP doing his thing ? He was brutal for the 1st half

3 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

I told braves fans last who said we could win the division and they told me it was too early and we were too young that was my point 

:huh:

1 hour ago, UGABOZ said:

TP doing his thing ? He was brutal for the 1st half

Taurean Prince led the way statistically for the Hawks, scoring 21 points, grabbing six rebounds and dishing out six assists (despite six turnovers).  I expect big things out of him this season.

10 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Taurean Prince led the way statistically for the Hawks, scoring 21 points, grabbing six rebounds and dishing out six assists (despite six turnovers).  I expect big things out of him this season.

Regardless of how the season goes, I'm excited to see the growth of our Young, Prince, and Collins core.

jayu70 likes this

31 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Regardless of how the season goes, I'm excited to see the growth of our Young, Prince, and Collins core.

Most definitely and fans are going to have to be patient.

tl;dr likes this

Eh, it was a bad game. The team struggled to get into a rhythm, which was further exacerbated by what I thought was partial refereeing. Too many touch fouls called on the Hawks and too many no-calls that should have gone against NY.

Not a whole lot to take away from that game, other than I like the energy our bigs played with. Prince is the Hawks best player (we already knew that) and will be relied upon as the primary scorer on most nights. Trae made some good decisions with the ball. I'd like to see more off the ball movement for him to get open for perimeter shots. Obviously coaches and players already respect his game enough to try to trap him with double teams so that's an adjustment Trae will have to make, and I think he will sooner than later. Can't wait to see Collins back in the lineup and I'd like to see Huerter find his footing and get some meaningful minutes. We're gonna need his 3-PT shooting ability, so he's gonna need to learn the defense.

jayu70 likes this

Vince Speaks:

"Vince Carter had a different view of the reason why the Hawks crumbled on defense in the second quarter. The Hawks’ shots weren’t falling. On teams he has been on in the past, when shots don’t go in, players sometimes tend to forget they have to play defense and don’t get back after an empty offensive possession. At halftime, Carter took it upon himself to tell the locker room that it’s natural to feel defeated if the ball isn’t going in the basket. But players have to move on and not let it bleed into defense.

“We have to understand that regardless of if we’re playing lights out offensively or laying an egg, we can still defend,” Carter said. “Our effort has to be there. That’s something we can’t allow. This is a blessing in disguise because we felt like we played well in the preseason. Now we can watch film and see what went wrong. We can’t fool ourselves because the film doesn’t lie. I think it’s good for us to see the painful truth. I think it’s how we grow. It’s tough when you win by 20 or 30 to grow because all you look at are the positives and see us just hitting shots. Now we can grow. This is how we can get better. We’ll see all of our faults and see what was asked of us and what we didn’t do. This is good.”

I like this alot!

blkbigdog35 likes this

8 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Most definitely and fans are going to have to be patient.

Unfortunately we aren't going to be good for the next few years, but that's probably best. We can rebuild and hopefully do it right this time 

blkbigdog35 likes this

I'm already looking ahead to next year's draft. Trae looks incredibly raw. I think if Lin was a little better, Trae would be coming off the bench. I know it's just one game, but **** his shot selection was terrible and the defense (by the entire team) was embarrassing. I'm really hoping we end up with at least 2 top prospects after next year's draft. R.J. Barrett is my favorite so far.