BirdFan33

Looks like Matt Bryant will miss some time

37 posts in this topic

I feared this would be the case after he kicked that field goal. 

I have worked with Matt Bryant since he came to Atlanta. He’s one of the few players I don’t worry about coming through. I hope whoever we get is serviceable in his absence. 

Yeah, I've been listening to 92.9 the Game with the Dan Quinn press conference and coaches show. Matt Bryant will be out for at least 3 weeks, which means he's missing the Giants and Redskins. I hear that the Falcons will be signing a kicker too. 

mashburn*Fibonacci likes this

1 hour ago, BirdFan33 said:

I feared this would be the case after he kicked that field goal. 

I have worked with Matt Bryant since he came to Atlanta. He’s one of the few players I don’t worry about coming through. I hope whoever we get is serviceable in his absence. 

Jeeeesus. Kickers!

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Is the Falcons his part time job? Where ya'll work at? 

Money Matt has a lot of mouths to feed. He may need a part-time job to make ends meet. 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

It is insane to think that Bryant didn't even start playing in the NFL until he was 27 years old.

Also insane that on FG attempts, he never hit 85% or better until he got to Atlanta & was 35 years old.

Further insanity... from age 35 to now at age 43, he's only been below 86.8% of FGs once... when he was hurt& missed 5 games in 2015.

4 minutes ago, Falcon Blitz said:

I would mind Daniel Carlson he has a huge ceiling greatest kicker in SEC history.

He missed 3 short kicks this year against the Packers while kicking for the Vikings (cut the next day) and they tied in OT.  I think I'll pass. 

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

He missed 3 short kicks this year against the Packers while kicking for the Vikings (cut the next day) and they tied in OT.  I think I'll pass. 

Well, with kickers you just never know...

Matt Bryant's career up until his first full season with us:
2002 - missed 6 FGs as a rookie, 5 of which were from 30-39 yards & missed 2 XPs
2003 - missed 3 FGs in just 11 games, one from 20-29 yards, 1 from 30-39, and 1 from 40-49
2004 - missed 1 of just 4 attempts on the year
2005 - missed 4 FGs, including 2 from 20-29 yards out.
2006 - missed 5 FGs, all from 40+ yards out
2007 - missed 5 FGs, including a 20-29 yard attempt
2008 - missed 6 FGs, all from 40+
2009 - missed 3 of 10 attempts

He had missed 33 of 178 attempts before the light finally turned on for him at the age of 35.

Borat, Emmitt and Falcon Blitz like this

23 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

3 minutes ago, k-train said:

2002 - missed 6 FGs as a rookie, 5 of which were from 30-39 yards & missed 2 XPs
2003 - missed 3 FGs in just 11 games, one from 20-29 yards, 1 from 30-39, and 1 from 40-49

He had missed 33 of 178 attempts before the light finally turned on for him at the age of 35.

3 words

Matt ****en Prater.

papachaz and falconsd56 like this

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

He gave it all to help save the season. Earn this Falcons. Earn this.

How 'bout Matt Ryan giving it up to convert the third down that eventually led to the fourth touchdown.

That play right there, as much as anything, saved the season.  Ryan doesn't want to take those kinds of hits.  The coaches don't want him to take those kinds of hits.  WE don't want Ryan to take those kinds of hits.  And Lord knows his wife and twins don't want him taking those kinds of hits. 

But Ryan recognized the moment.  He was not going to take a chance on a bad spot on a slide.  He knew the defense was hemorrhaging.  He knew Riddley and Sanu were done and Jones would be doubled.  Opportunities would be scarce.  And unlike his occasional past self, he sacrificed his body for the moment to preserve the season.  He took it all upon himself.

And then, later, on fourth and two.  Quinn took it out of his hands. 

THAT's why he was so pissed.

papachaz likes this

20 minutes ago, 4LoveoftheGame said:

This is going to be tough, we all know how our Falcons like to take all their games down to that final drive. I good kicker is a must.

So we should bring back Biermann?

BirdFan33 and Emmitt like this

1 hour ago, k-train said:

Not willing for lightning to strike twice in the same place since we are already 2-4.  Any missed kick could be crucial until we bridge back to Bryant in 3 games or so. 

11 minutes ago, BirdFan33 said:

I assist him and Bosher in warm ups and at halftime and raise the field goal nets during the game. 

Cool gig bro! Hate he's injured now